DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Past Lesson #1 Homework Submissions

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh well, I have hit another snag: Why can't I find the light for the candle I dragged in the render window? You know, the CommonLightOrange 128?

whereislight.jpg

I mean, as you can see, I have tried highlighting it, but of course it does not show! I have tried the "T" key, the "C" key, EVERYTHING! What do I do in a situation like this? If I can't see it, how can I move it to the candle, right?

Edited by freewaydog

If you press the a key,it will toggle the ingame lighting on and off,you can then move your light source around to get the effect you are happy with.The actual "bulb" does not have to be over the static candle,just place it where it gives the right sense of illumination.Lighting is extremely important and its worth the time to experiment and get it right.

Thanks, but where would the "right sense of illumination" be for me to place? & under what category in the cs may I find dressers & cupboards? I have looked everywhere. Also for the dinner table, I have seating for 4, like the tut says, but do I need to put plates, cups & flatware there as well? I do not know under what category to find those, either. Please advise, thanks.

Edited by freewaydog

There's no such thing as the "right" sense of illumination, it's a matter of taste so put it where it looks right to you. We cover lighting more in lesson #4 so don't over think it. Dressers and cupboards are containers, you'll find them there. Plates, cups, etc are in Lesson #2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

CS Basics Lesson #1: Rendering Oblivion...

Finished: No name for it as yet, maybe when I've done more ;)

CS pics

In Game shots (didn't take any after doing E.C.)

Item List

My character balanced the torch on the table (I didn't use CS) for the shot... that took a while lol. Also I tried to find a way to get the bedside table... *bedside* but I wanted the bed down there, and there was no way to squeeze in a table without some clipping occuring during animation.. which is only a problem with companions sleeping there, but still, I don't want the first thing I make to be shoddy.