DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Past Lesson #1 Homework Submissions

im kinda in a hury

this is my first time doing this stuff

hers my asinment

i know my asingment is kinda ruged some iteme i couldent find or was unsher

just tel me my erers or what ever it is

gallery_9358_258_3933.jpg

gallery_9358_258_15807.jpg

gallery_9358_258_11845.jpg

gallery_9358_258_13063.jpg

Edited by darlaten

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like a nice start, darlaten, do have a couple of notes for you. :)

You generally don't want to put paintings behind things like cupboards, you wouldn't hang a painting in your house where it couldn't be appreciated would you? ;)

Also, when you furnish a house need to be careful about mixing class styles: Lower Class (LC) Middle Class (MC) or Upper Class (UC) if you are decorating a one room house it can look strange. The wolf rugs are not low enough, sink that yellow marker below the floor to ensure your rugs are not floating. The big painting in the dining room looks like it's not on the wall, and/or touching the floor. Use the S key to scale that down and make sure it's against the wall. :yes:

Take some more time with this and make some adjustments using these notes. If you don't have the time now, carry it over rather than rushing through in a hurry. This is a craft that takes time to learn, like learning to play an instrument, and if you invest the time, you'll do very well. Keep trying! :thumbup:

im vistion inpared i sit about 8 inches from the screen so lining up thing like panting and rugs are hard i did atempt to fix thim

as for some items being the rong class i had a hard time finding stuff in the obgict window.

can ya wich item is out of class and ill try to fix it

and i never could find the bed side table so i need help on that

so hers my new pic

gallery_9358_258_14445.jpg

gallery_9358_258_9809.jpg

http://tesalliance.org/forums/uploads/1306189569/gallery_9358_258_20669.jpg

Looking better, modding...even playing the game must be quite a challenge with vision difficulties, I applaud your efforts! :clap:

The miss classed item is the small chest of drawers in between the cupboard and the bookcase (across from the bed) that is a lower class chest of drawers. Under Containers find PCChestClutterMiddle01 as a replacement

You will get used to finding things you want with practice. On the toolbar you can click Edit>Find Text and use keywords to find out what something is called, it makes it easier to find in the object window where everything is alphabetical. :yes:

There are no actual bedside tables, Bethesda most often used MiddleStool01 found under WorldObjects>Static

I will award your points for this class, once you change the chest of drawers you may move on to Lesson #2 :yes:

• 4 weeks later...

Very nice homework Darth, in the next lesson we'll discuss scaling objects, pictures tend to look a little better scaled down a bit when inside small shacks, other than that, it looks nicely done. You can head to Lesson #2 now and I have added you to the roster :thumbup:

Hello, I'm Deran9ed.

Aswel as this being my first attempt at modding any game this is also my first post. :)

Fire and Chair

This is the picture from the end of the basic lesson.

Bedroom for Homework

Here i've added a single bed at an angle. Two dressers one with clothes ontop. On the bedside table there is a book and candle for some late night reading.

Dining Room Side View

This image is a side view of the dining table so you can see the two tapestries.

Dining Room Front view

This is a front view of the dining room so you can see the two paintings on the wall.

Reading area by the fire

Here's a tapestry and a bookshelf next to the fire for a cozy night reading.

Copboard Area

Here's a cupboard area with a rug so you don't have to step on a muddy floor.

Lighting

Here's a top down view of the house to show the lighting.

Here's my lesson homework and extra credit.

Edited by Deran9ed

Very good homework Deran. I'll add you to the roster with full marks you can head to Lesson #2. In this next lesson, we'll discuss scaling objects, you may want to consider scaling tapestries and paintings in a small interior for a better fit. :)

Oh, it's not too late to join? Cool. I just started, myself. First post, first mod, etc.

I don't know about anybody else, but I found it easier to adjust things' positions by changing the numbers on their position than using the mouse. Maybe it's because my screen is ginormous? The only issue I had with doing it "by the numbers" was that you can't group them and move them AFAIK.

I apparently really have no idea what the spaces in the house are normally used for; I put the bed in the little alcove to the left of the fireplace and the table tucked into the corner (to the right of the half-wall division). It's a tight squeeze, :lol: I've got a lot of carpeting, though I think I used the wrong ones--the red and gold ones said Bravil carpets, and the Burgundy are Bruma carpets, I think.

Let's see, my screen is darker than most, so I think the lighting is about right, but it's hard to judge. I could probably use an extra light for the hallway leading to my table. It made the carpets seem to blend in better that way, though :thumbup:

Oh, yeah, I'd already started setting the table. Hope that's not an issue.

I assume you'd like to see the place in the construction set, yes? I'm not sure how to do that. I changed the .ini in the construction set, but now I can't find it. I also didn't get a message that a screenshot was saved :question:

screenshot3fm.th.png

screenshot2mp.th.png

screenshot1xq.th.png