DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Past Lesson #3 Homework Submissions

darkstone

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks DR....confession time about the underwater texture...I pressed right mouse at one point when raising the lake bed but I thought the sandy bottom looked okay and lightly textured the rest of the raised wall....mistakes sometimes have a unexpected outcome... :rofl:

Thanks DR for the light information. :D I just have one more question about lights... on my screenie's are my lights in the correct place? The cross, I am assuming that the X part of it is where the light is the strongest? :blush:

also last night this happened lol.. :pints:eekk I am unsure what I pushed but it was the combination of ctrl and something lol... If this happens again do you know how to recover without having to exit? I unfortunately did not save and I spent a better part of an hour putting all the lights up lol..

this is what I have. Now if I am missing any screenies please let me know :) If you have anything that I can improve on please let me know as well. :wub:

the basement:

Basement 1

Basement 2

Basement 3

Inside:

Inside 1

Inside 2

Inside 3

Outside:

Outside 1

Outside 2

Outside 3

Outside 4

holy lot of screenies lol... XD

Looks like you'll be getting full marks, Sugar, you've done some great work! You do need to show your horse area, your pathing, and you need to pull your marker all the way to the floor on your ladder door. :pints:

As for your blunder...not familiar with that one, but I do have a tip...don't do that again. :blush:

Looks like you'll be getting full marks, Sugar, you've done some great work! You do need to show your horse area, your pathing, and you need to pull your marker all the way to the floor on your ladder door. :pints:

As for your blunder...not familiar with that one, but I do have a tip...don't do that again. :blush:

Thanks :wub: I will get right on with the pathing... I didn't do that outside. So the lights are in the right place then? Maybe the reason why my game crashes when I load with this esp active is because the pathing isn't done outside?? hmm...

I haven't. I just figured it had to be the house since everything else works?? I will try though. I'm having a hard time pealing myself away from the cs lol....

edit...

I just realized that the pathgrids you were talking about were of the basement. I didn't have that one posted....

i am unsure why my screenies seem to be diminishing in size but..

basement

horse stable

Ok so I have one more question about texture then I swear lol... :D I just can't go on to lesson 4 unless I figure this out lol... I have poured over and over the part were you talked about textures and I do not think this has been a question.

ok so you have explained about the black bug effecting if you delete or modify the first layer. I am under the understanding that it only happens if you delete from the texture window. Is there a way to lessen the major texture of a cell? So my barn here.. it looks great in CS but when I load it up in my game it looks all over run by grass. I'd like it to look more like it is in CS. Is that possible? What am i missing here lol...

:o

Well Sugar you have stumbled on one of the trickier situations, where the first texture is saturating the cell and dominating the percentage by more than 50%. You have two possible courses of action that I know of.

1) You can rightclick>Replace the other lower textures with the texture you want in order to claim more of the percentage from that dominant texture, which sometimes works.

Or 2) you can attempt to rightclick>replace the first texture in the list with a "no grass" version of that same or similar texture. However, option #2 only works about 50% of the time, there's still a 50% chance that replacing the top texture will result in a black texture bug, so be sure you save and backup your .esp before trying it and if your cell goes black, close the CS without saving.