DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Past Lesson #3 Homework Submissions

darkstone

Ok so I have gone back and forth a couple times between cs and ob and its starting to look a whole lot better. I did the "no grass" going over and over the spots and its actually made my line in my other texture issue question a lot less noticeable, and its taken away a lot of the grass. here's what it looks like now, I thought I had a picture of it when it was full of grass but I can't seem to find it. Thanks so much for all your help!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lesson 3's pictures are in Arion's gallery. Combination of CS snaps and in-game shots. Should have everything for homework and extra credit done. Will work on the challenge section in a day or two after I recover from this and get approval. Not sure about my water garden.

Hope the butterflies, moths and fireflies are okay.

Looks good Arion, great job! :D

Be careful with fx creatures like butterflies and such, they can impact fps quite a bit if too many are used in one location. :coolup:

I may revise the FX Flies" if I notice any problems. Is this satisfactory to move on to the challenge?

DarkRider - I've uploaded my basement pictures including the pathgrids and the interior house trap door to My Gallery for the Extra Credit Challenge. All basement snaps are prefixed with Basement. Only snaps that are in my gallery are all of the lesson 3 pictures.

Does this meet the standards for the challenge?

i'm sorry? i believe i did finish lesson 2.

I'm afraid not. You see you must satisfy all the outlined requirements and show evidence of each to receive credit. I reviewed the images posted and gave you the notes to do more work on Lesson #2 to earn full points. Your pictures from Lesson #2 do not show any apparatuses or custom containers. Your house looks very bare and not cluttered beyond what was required in the Lessons. Also your pathing is very sloppy. You need to add some additional pathing nodes so your paths are not so stretched and so few. You might look at the work of your fellow classmates to see additional examples of what's required.

You are definitely on the right track, you just haven't gone far enough to meet the outline. No one skates in this class, you'll have to do what is required. And students do not decide when they are finished, teacher does. :lmao:

I'm afraid not. You see you must satisfy all the outlined requirements and show evidence of each to receive credit. I reviewed the images posted and gave you the notes to do more work on Lesson #2 to earn full points. Your pictures from Lesson #2 do not show any apparatuses or custom containers. Your house looks very bare and not cluttered beyond what was required in the Lessons. Also your pathing is very sloppy. You need to add some additional pathing nodes so your paths are not so stretched and so few. You might look at the work of your fellow classmates to see additional examples of what's required.

You are definitely on the right track, you just haven't gone far enough to meet the outline. No one skates in this class, you'll have to do what is required. And students do not decide when they are finished, teacher does. :lmao:

I'm sorry I didnt mean to seem rude I just thought i had all the pictures, i was getting tired and got very lazy, sorry. Also, how do you delete a path node because i put one on the celling somehow?

[Edit] I suppose i should have asked "Didn't I finish lesson 2?" sorry for confusion.

Hmm... I'll be taking on the basement challenge tomorrow, too tired right now...

At any rate, here are the house exterior results:

Bench, Stable, Barrels, Ropework

Landscaping - there'll be more clutter here soon (will update)

This isn't the path you're looking for...

EDIT:

Additional pictures of the (now completed) basement:

Basement pathgrid

Basement lighting

Basement overview

Wine for two...

...and some cheese for that wine

Companion's bed?

/EDIT

Try closing the landscape editor, then click on something near where you want to edit (like a rock) and press T to swing the camera over top of the rock. Turn on the landscape editor then and try again. The editor sometimes gets confused over which area you're trying to edit. This technique usually works to get you going again. :eyeroll:

Very good Thunder, you're ready for Lesson #4! :eyeroll:

Just an aesthetic critique, you may want to lower your fencing on the platform a bit so players can see over it better! XD

Yeah I was thinking about that. In my mind I was wanting rope going around the house and used around the path, but I got lazy and tired of looking for it and just put a wall down.