DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Past Lesson #3 Homework Submissions

darkstone

Now, as for the using a different mod for your release project, I can't pass judgment on that. Rider should be back Sunday night or Monday and I'll leave that discussion between the two of you. :pints: I'm just here to sub in and make sure you guys don't get stalled while he's busy. :lmao:

Get those shrubs in and post an updated screenie so I can award your points and pass you on to the next class. :wave:

Silly me, I went for the ferns instead of the shrubs :P. Here, I placed three near the entrance. I did look for them but on the landscape tab. Go figure.

I thought about taking the release option for the final exam because that way, I not only take the classes and learn something new (although I had skimmed through a few to get some pointers when I started my mod) but that also gives me a chance of building something my own way instead of having requisites. Not that having them is a bad thing. On the contrary, actually; it's the proper way of making a class so the evaluation can be uniform.I just think that it could be a fun experience to make a home and some landscaping and releasing it to the community while taking the text as well :). Obviously, if there are any pre-requisites for that, I'll take them into consideration but surely, as you said, DarkRider is the person to talk to. There's no rush. I still have one lesson ahead before the end.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done, you may head to Lesson #4. :yes:

As for the final exam, there are requirements for the assignment, even on the release option, and if you fail to meet them you don't pass the course. Simple as that, nothing to consider. Otherwise it would be unfair to those who did follow the outline to the letter while still making it their own and releasing something they could be proud of.

If your idea is too rigid to incorporate the basic requirements, I would recommend doing the non release final to pass, earn your medal, and save your idea for a release independent of this course. By signing on to take the classes that implies you have agreed to do the material as outlined, it's not up to you to pick and choose what you'd like to do and what doesn't "fit" with your vision. You'll have to do the same work as everyone else to get the grade. ;)

If your idea is too rigid to incorporate the basic requirements, I would recommend doing the non release final to pass, earn your medal, and save your idea for a release independent of this course. By signing on to take the classes that implies you have agreed to do the material as outlined, it's not up to you to pick and choose what you'd like to do and what doesn't "fit" with your vision. You'll have to do the same work as everyone else to get the grade. ;)

I might have not made myself clear back then. My fault, as always :). When I meant I wanted to build something without having requisites I meant building something without requisites such as: use this specific static or use that specific door or use this specific container. The release option just tells you to create an interior cell of your choosing, clutter the house, etc. without telling you exactly which pieces to use. This is what I should have said above :P. I wrote the above post with this in mind disregarding the fact I wasn't being clear to others. Anyway, I have explained myself properly now. Time for Lesson #4, I suppose. The garden needs tending to.