DarkRider

CS Basics: Lesson #4

222 posts in this topic

My final (I hope) edit for lesson #4 with Gecko. The snapshot of Gecko shows my filesname as DragonsDenOrig.esp. If this is correct I will change the name back to its original of DragonsDen.esp and remove the one with the DR in it.

Link to the picture is:

Gecko Final

Additional information: I was correct in that I named one of the cells incorrectly.(36,-26) was NOT a named cell. I removed the incorrect one with Gecko, went back into CS and renamed that cell Ext3 and corrected the rift in the landscaping. The other cell that was incorrectly named had NO landscaping effects. I had my animation overhanging the corner. I moved the animation elsewhere in my original cell and set Gecko to ignore the cell. Verified that there were no inconsistancies within the borders both in the CS and ingame.

What a learning experience!

Looks good, a hard won victory! :D

Points are awarded you can start working on your final, be sure you read the final instructions completely before starting. :)

Gecko cleaned... Does this look right?

There are three subsections under Group Worldspace.

I only know what the last one is...

But looking at the CS Details view which I'm more familiar with I don't see anything extra.

gallery_1143_93_20822.jpg

Exterior pathing. Also note the boat.

gallery_1143_93_8070.jpg

It all looks right on Joben, well done! You're more than ready for your final exam, I hope you'll take the release option. Good Luck! :lmao:

Nope, not overdoing it at all! Looks great, I think you're ready for the final exam! :)

My mod isnt showing up in Gecko... all my other mods are there but not the one with everything we did in this class.

Still need screens of your exterior pathgrids Max. :clap:

Looks good Max, full marks! You're ready to start on your final exam, good luck! :clap:

Ok, final cleaning/refining and of course, I'm not one to pass up a challenge :D

Pathing

Gecko clean up

Credit Challenge:

My garden - CS top view

My garden overview in-game

Close up 1

Close up 2

I'd just like to say at this point thank you very much for the course. The way it's presented is truly easy to follow and fun to learn at the same time! Kudos to you, DarkRider :P

Very nice Hana, full marks, you're ready for your final exam. :D

Looks brilliant Ds!!! :thumbup:

You're missing screens of your gecko cleaning post them up to get full credit!!!! :)

Looks brilliant Ds!!! :)

You're missing screens of your gecko cleaning post them up to get full credit!!!! :)

Here they are. I'm not to sure if I did it correct or not :thumbup:

The book Ref, is something I was testing, and saved by mistake, lol. So that change is fine (on my side anyway)

http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/gallery/image/4631-gecko01jpg/

http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/gallery/image/4632-gecko02jpg/

http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/gallery/image/4633-gecko03jpg/

I'm not too sure about Group: Exterior Cell Subblock 4,-3, there is a lot of yellow. I know that not all yellow is bad. Yellow is what you have added, changed, etc.

But with some of them cells, not being close to 36,-25 I a little worried about them.

http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/gallery/image/4635-gecko04jpg/

If you need more just let me know. :)

this what you are looking for?

Ds this tutorial should only be 1 exterior cell when you are finished cleaning. Did you build your tutorial house inside your other mod?

Ds this tutorial should only be 1 exterior cell when you are finished cleaning. Did you build your tutorial house inside your other mod?

No i did not. I think my with jumpy hands, I moved the mouse to another cell. Several times while trying ot landscape I would end up else where :shrug: It happens with my other mods too.

You'll need to go through and ignore all those other distant cells then, those are dirty cell records that need to be cleaned out. So when you're finished you should only have the tutorial cell left. :shrug:

how can I be sure that I'm not getting rid of something that is needed? I'm not understanding Gecko at all.

To start, make sure what you are cleaning is a copy of your .esp and not the only version, in case you DO clean out too much.

When we made the mod we named the exterior cell we were building in, so in theory, as long as you didn't cross the line into a neighboring cell, you should be able to delete everything except that named cell and it's children. The picture in the tutorial shows what the finished worldspace section should look like (except mine shows 2 cells post final exam)

Yes looks great, you're ready for the final! :shrug: