DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

CS Basics: Lesson #4

DarkRider

My final (I hope) edit for lesson #4 with Gecko. The snapshot of Gecko shows my filesname as DragonsDenOrig.esp. If this is correct I will change the name back to its original of DragonsDen.esp and remove the one with the DR in it.

Link to the picture is:

Gecko Final

Additional information: I was correct in that I named one of the cells incorrectly.(36,-26) was NOT a named cell. I removed the incorrect one with Gecko, went back into CS and renamed that cell Ext3 and corrected the rift in the landscaping. The other cell that was incorrectly named had NO landscaping effects. I had my animation overhanging the corner. I moved the animation elsewhere in my original cell and set Gecko to ignore the cell. Verified that there were no inconsistancies within the borders both in the CS and ingame.

What a learning experience!

Gecko cleaned... Does this look right?

There are three subsections under Group Worldspace.

I only know what the last one is...

But looking at the CS Details view which I'm more familiar with I don't see anything extra.

gallery_1143_93_20822.jpg

Exterior pathing. Also note the boat.

gallery_1143_93_8070.jpg

I'm slowly getting a feeling that taking and uploading the screenies is taking more time than modding... and then I check my clock and it tells me I've spent ten times more modding... ohmy.gif

At any rate:

Aquatic Garden

Exterior Pathgrid (1)

Exterior Pathgrid (2)

Interior Lighting (1)

Interior Lighting (2)

So messy...-Gecko cleanup

I do hope I'm not overdoing the screenshots part... :)

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, final cleaning/refining and of course, I'm not one to pass up a challenge :D

Pathing

Gecko clean up

Credit Challenge:

My garden - CS top view

My garden overview in-game

Close up 1

Close up 2

I'd just like to say at this point thank you very much for the course. The way it's presented is truly easy to follow and fun to learn at the same time! Kudos to you, DarkRider :P

Looks brilliant Ds!!! :)

You're missing screens of your gecko cleaning post them up to get full credit!!!! :)

Here they are. I'm not to sure if I did it correct or not :thumbup:

The book Ref, is something I was testing, and saved by mistake, lol. So that change is fine (on my side anyway)

http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/gallery/image/4631-gecko01jpg/

http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/gallery/image/4632-gecko02jpg/

http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/gallery/image/4633-gecko03jpg/

I'm not too sure about Group: Exterior Cell Subblock 4,-3, there is a lot of yellow. I know that not all yellow is bad. Yellow is what you have added, changed, etc.

But with some of them cells, not being close to 36,-25 I a little worried about them.

http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/gallery/image/4635-gecko04jpg/

If you need more just let me know. :)

Ds this tutorial should only be 1 exterior cell when you are finished cleaning. Did you build your tutorial house inside your other mod?

No i did not. I think my with jumpy hands, I moved the mouse to another cell. Several times while trying ot landscape I would end up else where :shrug: It happens with my other mods too.

To start, make sure what you are cleaning is a copy of your .esp and not the only version, in case you DO clean out too much.

When we made the mod we named the exterior cell we were building in, so in theory, as long as you didn't cross the line into a neighboring cell, you should be able to delete everything except that named cell and it's children. The picture in the tutorial shows what the finished worldspace section should look like (except mine shows 2 cells post final exam)