DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

CS Basics: Lesson #4

DarkRider

Looks very neat Cort. You may want to add a bit more static clutter to your interior like some PC crates and chests just to make the house look lived in. When creating interiors it's important to find a nice balance between too little clutter and too much. It's also a bit dark yet another light would be a help. Annnnnnd you need to post pics of your clean mod in Gecko. :clap:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey, just to let people know that in gecko when you see entries such as LAND record:(xxxxxxxx) or PGRD record:(xxxxxxxx) don't delete these if they're in the same grid as your house. PGRD refers to the path grid and LAND refers to any landscaping(lower/raise) and texturing(grass, cobblestone, etc.)

Here's a pic so you see what i mean.

gecko01.th.jpg

i accidentally deleted these, imagine my surprise when my walls were sunk in to the ground, my cobble path was gone, and the path grids i had modified went back to normal. good thing for back ups... let's try this again.

Edited by spicydeath82

Path Grid fixed, removed path spots on ceiling inside..

path2.jpg

fixed basement door and resized ladder and moved from wall

zfixedbasementdoor.jpg

fixed floating brush and changed pedistal from SI to barrel from Vanilla, no SI objects now,

zfixedbasementobjects.jpg

fixed bed back to original size, moved paintng down and made smaller, took most books off shelf, fixed candles, removed too many floating letters from desk,

zfixedbedroom.jpg

fixed front door and floating shoes

zfixedfrontdoor.jpg

fixed sideways fire, moved chairs to make room, unfloated them, took vase of mantel as it kept floating, moved chest to give access to storage area, removed wolf rug would not sink properly into floor.

zfixedlivingroom.jpg

changed pots to statics, lowered them all, changed stable, changed lights and added ordinary light glow, still fighting weeds under deck, trying extra texture if that does not work will try landscape tool.

zfixedpotsstablelights.jpg

fixed lights and raised dock, one boat removed by cleaning...

zfixeddocklights.jpg

I am stil getting this error and i tired to find this individual entry in Geko, can you help direct me to its locatoin?

or is there a way to click on objects in the CS in the opened file window and find out which one this is?

Reference attached to wrong cell for its location:

REFR Form "(01007DCA) to STAT form 'FencePost01' (0000358C) in Cell 'aaCGTutorialHouseEXt' (000041BF) (36,-25) in WorldSpace 'Tamriel" (00000003C)

UPDATE:

i was able to get rid of the reeds under the front desk! whoot

zfixedfrontporch.jpg

and tightened up the back deck too

zfixedbackdeck.jpg

Edited by CrisG9

watergarden1.jpg

watergerden2.jpg

watergarden made. I am going to rotate some of the plants to break up the regularity... i tried to pick things that could and would grow happily in water: rice plant, water hyacinth, etc.

UPDATE: there that is better.

watergardenfix.jpg

Edited by CrisG9

I actually don't recommend releasing the tutorial house as I already did: Bogwater Downs

Since it's essentially the same mod, we wouldn't want to flood the downloads section with dozens of the same house none of which are compatible with the others. If you plan to release, do the release version of the final. If you're not releasing, build the neighboring house. :)

Beana's right that you do have a good eye for clutter. :D

• 1 month later...