DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

CS Basics: Lesson #4

DarkRider

DarkRider,

I cleaned my pathway and under platform of the orange auto gen nodes...................photos in album.

I created the Aquatic garden........................photo in album.

Confirmed the use of the soft orange light effects in game............

TES4Geckco is another story......................................error photo also in album.

My Oblivion game is installed C:Oblivion.................not the default.

My gaming laptop is running Windows 7 64 bit.

My installed Java version is 1.6.

Not a clue why it isn't working.

Any thoughts?

TY

Stan Kirby

• 2 weeks later...

Okie dokey! Here we go.

Inside Lighting

^^ Uhm ... this could be too bright. I'm not sure. My eyesight isn't the best so had hubby check and he thinks it's okay. But I don't necessarily trust him LMAO!

Outside lighting at night

Pathgriding

^^ Vilja and her horse seem to respond appropriately!! YAY's :)

Gecko 1

^^ Messy :D

Gecko 2

^^ Cleaning :yes:

Extra credit

Water Garden

^^ Yay for Randomness!

Underwater Water Garden

^^ DOH - Landscape nightmare :D

BTW Darkrider - I hope you don't need anything more on this because hubby decided I didn't need my ESP anymore (He was helping me!). GAH!!! Lesson learned, I have to put stuff in my files instead of on the desktop :D

Awww how unfortunate he binned your .esp, it was lovely. :evil:

But no I don't need anything else and you receive full marks. You are ready for your final exam madam, head there at the ready and I sincerely hope you will choose the release option as you have demonstrated the potential to release something truly memorable. Good Luck! :pints:

Yeah, it bummed me out but at least I got to finish and he felt horrible. Poor guy LOL

I will opt for release only because I have something in mind I really want to do. Thanks so much for the kind words and encouragement. These classes have really helped. Now on to the final, and it will definitely take me a while LOL Thanks!! ((( hugs ))).

• 2 weeks later...

DR

I am having an issue with cleaning the Mod. When I first run Gecko I get 6 ext cell in yellow

34,-25

34,-26

35,-25 aaDRCTutHouseExt02

35,-26

36,-25 aaDRCTutHouseExt

36,-26

When I toggle ignore on 34,-25 and 34-26 nothing changes like it should I made no intentional changes in those cells.

But...

Here's the rub, when I toggle ignore on 36,-26 and 35,-26 I go from this to this.

According to CS all of that elevation change is in cell 36,-25, (using the B shortcut to show borders) any ideas or should I just leave it.

I would say leave it. Sometimes it is just a micro section that was changed right on the line and it tears or reverts when cleaned out so leave it. It's not a change that will cause any likely conflicts as it's so small. The goal is just to be as tidy as possible and I think you're achieved that. ;)

DR

Here is the challenge and the rest of lesson 4.

The new Barn

Water Garden

Water Garden

Path around House Ext.

Connected to the rest of the world

Pathing for Horse Barn

Sorry about all of the pictures being taken at night I am a little allergic to the day time. I tried to get a picture of the Slaughter fish but they would not smile for the camera.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Here are my pics for the homework and extra credit:

Pathing outside

Pathing around the house

Gecko output after cleaning

Better lighting in the Basement

Water Farm

Water farm fence detail where I fixed a shimmering texture

Oh, those wily shimmering textures... There was only one spot where overlapping fence posts caused a shimmer when in game. So, I got rid of it by restructuring the corner of the fence, and making it look like the Cyprus knees grew around the fence, causing it to malform a bit. I, too, like the more natural look to things in the game.

• 2 weeks later...

Dark I have seemed to have ran into a small problem. When I load up TES4Gecko to clean mod as directed, the .esp file is not there. I closed CS before I did it but still not there. I find it in CS and in the launcher where you activate it but it not in data folder. What am I doing wrong?