DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

CS Basics: Lesson #4

DarkRider

I will guess that you have oblivion installed to the default program files location and you're running Vista or Win7? :blink:

These later versions of Windows see mods as Trojan programs and quarantines them to the Compatibility Files folder. In your Data folder, look on the header for a folder called Compatibiluty Files, your mod should be in there.

The solution is to backup your mods, remove Oblivion and reinstall it to C:\BethesdaSoftworks\Oblivion which will bypass the issues with Program Files security. After that mods won't disappear from your Data folder :)

The solution is to backup your mods, remove Oblivion and reinstall it to C:\BethesdaSoftworks\Oblivion which will bypass the issues with Program Files security. After that mods won't disappear from your Data folder :)

Yea this worked for me for using Gecko and for taking screen ingame too :)

Ext Pathgrid 1

Ext Pathgrid 2

Int Lighting 1

Int Lighting 2

Int Lighting 3

int Lighting 4

TES4Gecko (after save)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Tried fixing the grass anyway. The grass won. :ouch:

Garden 1

Garden 2

Just read the last post about the mana blooms... :bagged: I'm planning a separate estate for the final, so I'll leave them. I mean, Nirnrooot were supposed to be extinct too.

Exterior Pathgrid - In the future should I disconnect the red footpath nodes from the auto-nodes completely? Since the red takes priority, I figure a plan B shouldn't hurt unless something goes wrong. Is that correct? or will the NPC's just wander off?

Finally, Clean Gecko

You should connect your nodes to the existing autogen node grid so it's all working together. NPCs will read that gap in the grid from miles away. Always have options open for NPCs even if they are lower priority options. :yes:

Everything looks great, you are ready for the final exam, good luck! :D

Looks great. You can head to theFinal Exam. The details for what's required are very specific. You can choose the non-release option, where you repeat the steps you did in class to build a neighboring house OR you can build a different style house somewhere else in Tamriel and release it (provided it has all of the outlined criteria) You may use resources, but they are not required, you may not submit something made prior to completing the class. :yes:

• 3 weeks later...

Exterior Pathing (sorry for the small draw distance; the fence is there but it doesn't draw :P)

Interior Lighing

Aquatic Garden

Gecko Cleaning

On the cleaning part, there was another dirty record for the Fort Teleman marker, which doesn't show in the screenshot. Suffice to say, I cleaned it.

On the aquatic garden, I went with a not-so-organized look, built around the cypresses but with enough room to move around and take care of the plants.

Looks good, your interior lighting is a bit dark but not enough to be too unusual for Oblivion. In your exterior, blue pathing nodes (which carry the highest priority) are really only needed for marking roads or for very specific pathing (ie you need an actor to walk a specific route as part of a quest) so for this use they are unnecessary, red nodes are plenty. :yes:

You have passed the lesson and may head on to your final exam, good luck :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Photo 1, the exterior pathgrid.

The remainder of the shots were taken ingame.

Photo 2, ingame shot of the house and path. Notice the grass has been mowed.

Photo 3, tweaked interior lighting. I've dimmed the lights at the dining table to relax the mood and added a floor candlestick in the doorway so it wouldn't be in constant shadow.

Photo 4, basement ingame. I'm quite pleased with how the lighting turned out in here.

Photo 5, the garden.

I prefer to do my cleaning in TES4Edit, as it is a much more powerful tool for that purpose then Gecko, and it is capable of removing specific dirty edits automatically.

EDIT: TES4Edit got all the dirt. Just ITMs and UDRs. No wild edits from what I can see. I appear to have forsaken the photos, though, so I will upload what I do when I clean a mod ASAP.

So, first thing we do is apply the cleanup filter:

Pic

From there, we uncheck everything except for the "Conflict Status Inherited by Parent" box and the background and text color boxes:

Pic

This is what we get: The yellow background with green text denotes the mod is overriding records without any conflicts (as expected, as it is the only mod we have loaded right now)

Pic

From there, we ask Edit to Remove Identical To Master records...

Pic

And so it does. The red box denotes that Edit has told us that Identical to Master edits have been removed, and what records they were.

Pic

Next step is to Undelete and Disable references:

Pic

Now, although Edit did not find any this time...

Pic

I will demonstrate that it did find some last time. The final step for me is to expand the record trees to search out and remove wild edits, and by doing so we come across these:

Pic

The red boxes highlight some characteristics TES4Edit leaves behind when it undeletes a reference. Those two flags get added, and if you scroll further down, you will discover that the reference has been set to a Z coordinate of -30000. This is what TES4Edit does when it undeletes and disables a reference.

Now, there were not any wild edits in the plugin either time I checked (and in fact most of the dirt had come from when I was practicing with AI packages, as the mod had already been cleaned in the same way before then).

Edited by ThomasKaira

• 4 weeks later...

Very nicely done, daisy, you are ready for the final exam. You've shown a lot of creativity in this course so take your time and make something you are really proud of, but don't let the scope go so wide you can't finish. Finish the class, you deserve to graduate! :clap:

Very nicely done, daisy, you are ready for the final exam. You've shown a lot of creativity in this course so take your time and make something you are really proud of, but don't let the scope go so wide you can't finish. Finish the class, you deserve to graduate! :clap:

Thank you DarkRider - I have enjoyed these tutorials!

Daisy

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yep, the aquatic garden is really thin, wouldn't be fair to those who do the whole job to give you full marks. I also don't want to set a precedent for future students to follow thinking a couple cypress knees and flowers will suffice. :)

Regardless you will still pass the class after your final exam is graded. :)