DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

CS Basics: Final Exam

DarkRider

Overall, everything looks great.

The bridge between the two houses is a great idea and the garden is beautiful. I really like the secret underground tunnel and leaving it blocked off at the end going nowhere adds intriguing mystery!

Again, your pathing is very clean. The blue nodes are not necessary, red nodes would suffice. It won't hurt anything but if you were to watch an NPC wandering in the area he would take a very wide swing to go to the garden by following the blue preferred nodes.

Regarding the landscape seams...

Having borders turned on in the CS while working should prevent you, or at least warn you, from entering or affecting other cells. I'm not exactly sure I see why there was any landscaping done in the middle of the lake? Perhaps you could explain this further.

I'm ready to say Congratulations! You graduated! as soon as we clean up this seam issue. ;)

• Upvote 1

I already have some ideas on how to fix those seams, but I'm currently in the middle of the Scripting Class (I skipped the Worldbuilding one for now). As soon as I'm done with that one I'll be back here to work those things out. Strong foundations are always most important! :good:

Edited by ASnakeNeverDies
Corrections.

• 11 months later...

@Hannaisse Here we go!

The place is an inn.

Interior:

MI_interior01.jpg

MI_interior02.jpg

MI_interior03.jpg

MI_interior04.jpg

MI_interior05.jpg

MI_interior06.jpg

MI_interior07.jpg

MI_interior08.jpg

MI_interior09.jpg

MI_interior10.jpg

MI_interior11.jpg

MI_interior11b.jpg

Interior path grid (the blue nodes are necessary, tested ;) ):

MI_interior_pathgrid01.jpg

MI_interior_pathgrid02.jpg

MI_interior_pathgrid03.jpg

MI_interior_pathgrid04.jpg

MI_interior_pathgrid05.jpg

MI_interior_pathgrid06.jpg

MI_interior_pathgrid07.jpg

MI_interior_pathgrid08.jpg

The cellar (part of it, I don't want to show it entirely to avoid spoiling the mod ;) ), underground structure and the path grid:

MI_cellar01.jpg

MI_cellar02.jpg

MI_cellar03.jpg

MI_cellarpathgrid01.jpg

MI_cellarpathgrid02.jpg

MI_cellarpathgrid03.jpg

The exterior, with garden, horse shed, landscaping and something more:

MI_exterior01.jpg

MI_exterior02.jpg

The garden:

MI_exterior03_garden.jpg

MI_exterior04.jpg

The yellow arrow below is a horse marker, probably for the player's horse (not tested):

MI_exterior05.jpg

MI_exterior06.jpg

MI_exterior07.jpg

The entrance to the cellar:

MI_exterior08.jpg

The exterior path grid:

MI_exterior_pathgrid_below01.jpg

MI_exterior_pathgrid_below02.jpg

MI_exterior_pathgrid01.jpg

MI_exterior_pathgrid02.jpg

MI_exterior_pathgrid03.jpg

MI_exterior_pathgrid04.jpg

MI_exterior_pathgrid05.jpg

MI_exterior_pathgrid06.jpg

MI_exterior_pathgrid07.jpg

Waiting for your verdict! :D

Release link:

Edited by ladyonthemoon

• 4 months later...

Realized yesterday I had never completed this or posted my work for the final exam.  I posted all the pictures in one place, here.

I had to redo the tutorial work as I had deleted my original lesson work.  Since I had already posted and received credit for the tutorials I had taken some liberties with the use of modder resource in the farmhouse but none were used in the exam house, per the instructions.  I may also do a release mod, just because, but posting as is for now.  My updated version details are in on the same page below the final exam work.  Feel free to ignore my rambling.  I will not be offended. :) 

Let me know if you have any additional questions or need me to fix anything. :salute:

• 3 weeks later...
On 17/12/2016 at 7:02 PM, ladyonthemoon said:

@Hannaisse Here we go!

The place is an inn.

Reveal hidden contents

Interior:

MI_interior01.jpg

MI_interior02.jpg

MI_interior03.jpg

MI_interior04.jpg

MI_interior05.jpg

MI_interior06.jpg

MI_interior07.jpg

MI_interior08.jpg

MI_interior09.jpg

MI_interior10.jpg

MI_interior11.jpg

MI_interior11b.jpg

Interior path grid (the blue nodes are necessary, tested ;) ):

Reveal hidden contents

MI_interior_pathgrid01.jpg

MI_interior_pathgrid02.jpg

MI_interior_pathgrid03.jpg

MI_interior_pathgrid04.jpg

MI_interior_pathgrid05.jpg

MI_interior_pathgrid06.jpg

MI_interior_pathgrid07.jpg

MI_interior_pathgrid08.jpg

The cellar (part of it, I don't want to show it entirely to avoid spoiling the mod ;) ), underground structure and the path grid:

Reveal hidden contents

MI_cellar01.jpg

MI_cellar02.jpg

MI_cellar03.jpg

MI_cellarpathgrid01.jpg

MI_cellarpathgrid02.jpg

MI_cellarpathgrid03.jpg

The exterior, with garden, horse shed, landscaping and something more:

Reveal hidden contents

MI_exterior01.jpg

MI_exterior02.jpg

The garden:

MI_exterior03_garden.jpg

MI_exterior04.jpg

The yellow arrow below is a horse marker, probably for the player's horse (not tested):

MI_exterior05.jpg

MI_exterior06.jpg

MI_exterior07.jpg

The entrance to the cellar:

MI_exterior08.jpg

The exterior path grid:

Reveal hidden contents

MI_exterior_pathgrid_below01.jpg

MI_exterior_pathgrid_below02.jpg

MI_exterior_pathgrid01.jpg

MI_exterior_pathgrid02.jpg

MI_exterior_pathgrid03.jpg

MI_exterior_pathgrid04.jpg

MI_exterior_pathgrid05.jpg

MI_exterior_pathgrid06.jpg

MI_exterior_pathgrid07.jpg

Waiting for your verdict! :D

Release link:

Here is the link to the released final exam:

I don't think I was ever awarded with the promised medals :huh:. Quote from the first post:

Not only will you be able to release, but you will earn a special Forum medal in addition to your CS Basics Medal!

Thank you for completing the course. :)  Dolphin, Lady, I've had a quick look at your pictures and they look amazing. I'll have a closer look at them soon and advise if I see any issues/concerns.

Sorry, but with the forum upgrade there are no more medals. The reward is knowledge!

• 5 months later...
  • 6 years later...

Note: I'm looking for a boat. I'm getting to the perspective that I've looked everywhere for the boat objects.

Is there a better place to ask those sorts of questions within this forum, or elsewhere?

My Final Exam entry: Still working on it. In fact, I've been working on it for 2 days now, & I've spent the larger part of hours working on it. As well though, I've taken 4 Cells total; made a Cave; made a Portside Merchant area; etc. I would like to use the boat as a ferry, like within the Quest at Bravil with the guy stuck on the island in the Gauntlet that the Orc traps the PlayerCharacter to coping with.

This tutorial series has been really great thus far!!

I need to figure out how to either install Gecko4, or what other tools I could use to clean my mod with.

I made my own NPC, named "Tabak-Kai". I've named my Community "Dark Marsh". I want my Community an Argonian Settlement. I made an ArgonianSpeciesFaction, & decided that PCs should be included in their PlayerSpeciesFactionArgonian if they choose an Argonian Character. I've figured out that the PC faction could work like the PlayerVampireFaction. I really would like to disable the main Quest. I think it's ridiculous for an Argonian or Khajiit or Elf to side with the Imperials or Nords. I think a Redguard would be silly to side with the Nords, because Redguards are next, obliviously. I think that the total platform COULD be used like an open Campaign Setting. I would like to turn off all the voice acting, & make dialog move at the pace of the players' speed of reading, & pushing the action button. I would prefer to read all the dialog, & I think that would give modders & developers a lot of freedom to create Mods & Quests.

Note as well: I think it's highly plausible to easily create a Druid Class. It especially makes sense to me for the Wood Elves.

As well, creating more World Space, like accomplished with Morroblivion, seems really plausible, even if I had to start with flat terrain & hand modify all of it, which would not necessarily be the case, not actually, then it's still plausible to create Black Marsh, Elsweyr, Valenwood, & "Morrowind" proper, all for the Oblivion Platform, which I prefer over the Skyrim Platform. 

So, I'm thinking to release Dark Marsh as a formal Mod, & it'll introduce PlayerSpeciesFactions for Argonians, & give Argonian PCs a quaint starter home & group of friends.

I'll as well release a mod for Khajiit characters, & a mod for Wood Elf characters which does similarly, with a small community for each mod release.

Thanks for all your helps!!

P.S.

I have my own Extra Credit question for all of the Readers:

COULD a person innovate the Factions system to implement a D&D style "Alignment" for NPCs & Players? i.e. Lawful & Chaotic, & Good, Neutral, & Evil.

& bonus edit note for Readers: I finally found the Static > RowBoat01, though it doesn't have the expected Teleport feature, not actually, so I think I'm supposed to place a door object & replace the .NIF file for the object if I want the boat to teleport me somewhere.

Thanks again.

Edited by Jareth77
Interesting info for readers.