DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

CS Basics: Final Exam

DarkRider

I'm done, I'm done! :lmao: Bluestone House is complete and released. The problem was because I had checked "ignore" on a cell I shouldn't have, oh well, fixed now. Anyways link-athon:

Pathing:

Exterior Front:

Exterior Back:

Bedroom:

Library/Study:

Kitchen:

Dining Room:

Living Room:

And the Download:

I hope this is sufficient. Thanks so much for making this fantastic class, it really is hugely helpful,, and the best CS tutorial I have seen. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

This is my release project, Riverbend House

Exterior

gallery_1143_93_411055.jpg

Exterior 2

gallery_1143_93_345295.jpg

Your new best friend

gallery_1143_93_141665.jpg

Chickens asleep for the night

gallery_1143_93_50482.jpg

Night time overview of exterior

gallery_1143_93_33968.jpg

Entry area

gallery_1143_93_91104.jpg

Main area, day time

gallery_1143_93_148411.jpg

Main area, night time

gallery_1143_93_56674.jpg

View into the lower area

gallery_1143_93_36060.jpg

Under the stairs, some storage, and a cozy spot for the dogs.

gallery_1143_93_188275.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

It's finally ready, the neighbour to my original tutorial house - Hana's Heaven. It's called the Hunting Shack. A quaint 2 bedroom farmhouse plus guestroom for any of the local hunters to crash at, with a secret hidden in the basement.

This is not a mod for release. Grab a coffee, here we go:

Exterior:

The new house and landscaping

Dock

Veggie garden

A forge, and clutter

The garden and house

Exterior pathing

New dock on the existing house

Path and bridge between the neighbours

Interior:

Pathing

Dining room

Bedroom #1 + basement trap door - one, two, three

Bedroom #2 - one, two, three

Living room

Extra Credit Basement:

Pathing

Entrance

Training area, Display area

Guest bedroom and cluttered corner

Office and Secret Door

The secret room - a contraband Elixir of Exploration lab - one and two

Hope you like it. Thank you again for this wonderful tutorial.

I was dropped?! :cookie4u: Didn't realize that could happen. :fun:

Well, as soon as I get my computer working again, I'll finish this up. I'm planning on a small nordic cabin in the mountains - it'll be a part of my Children of the Sky mod. But don't reinstate me yet. It'll be a few days before my computer is functional.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok, I think I am ready to start to do the exterior, but my problem is, where? I mean, I tried referring back to here, but yet, I can't figure out how to pinpoint. I have downloaded & printed the gridmap & everything! I don't "get" how to pinpoint coords where I could go! How did you figure "Wilderness cell 36, -25"? I can't see it, I just can't! I don't even know where I want to go, or if I did, as mentioned, I don't know how to pinpoint coordinates! Any advice please?

The best way is to go in game, ride your horse about until you find a good spot you want to build. Then, look at what landmarks are around that will help you pinpoint that place on the map. You can even look at your in game map to see roughly where your marker is then find that place on the grid map. The grid will give you coordinates so you can find that cell in the cell view window by coordinates. :yes:

I tried running around in the game, could not quite find anything. I can't tell by the grid the coordinates. When I looked on the gridmap, I could not even find the 36, -25 cell--I saw the area, but I could not find the numbers on that area to match. The numbers are tiny, but they did not match. I thought of maybe doing it inside one of the cities, but I could not find the room.

UPDATE: I did manage to find a spot here:

spot.jpg

However, I still am not sure how to go about detecting exactly which numbers for the coordinates.

Edited by freewaydog

Not planning on release, at least not now. If someone wants it by all means I'll add some more goodies and release. Now.. the screenies. Basically an old cottage surrounded by the plants of the forest, giving it to me kind of a 'dream' like look.

Garden shot

Livingroom- not shown is the upperclass red cover bed. minimal clutter due it possibly being abandoned but also for others to put their own stuff there. It does have a nice book.

Exterior Pathgrids Path grid with red leading down to one body of water (has a nice waterfall, i did not make that.)

Interior Pathgrid

Basement pathgridded no door uses trapdoors and a ladder from the basement up.

Garden since it's overgrown ingame

Diningsection+alchemyjourneyman apparatus nothing special

Shot of basement ingamesimple but nice

Entrance to garden debating on adding gate here

Cottage view from coming up hill

Top view showing flax and lavender amongst the rest cobblestone pathway hidden from overgrowth flowers on each side

Other basement shot.

I'll upload if you would like me too. Setting is west weald near the priory of the nine and the old house, it's higher up and has two ponds with waterfalls. It's between them, very little landscaping was needed, just flattened land and pushed the ground down some for the "worn" pathway up from the small pond.

The non-release exam was to be a neighboring house to the house you built in class. The choice of a new location was for the release option only. But, since you did great work, and you kept to every other guideline of the exam, I'll pass you. Congratulations on you achievement! :D

Many thanks, I'll tweak the mod up some more, and for the non release I can do that too if you'd like me to.

Edit: I uploaded it, it just feels strange that I don't release a small little gem. So uploaded.

Edited by Vouivre