DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

CS Basics: Final Exam

DarkRider

• 1 month later...

Looks great Val, nice location and layout, the basement is really good, pathing is great. I would have liked to see a bit more clutter personality, but it's a sturdy house with lots of room to grow in so we'll call this a win and pass you. Your points are awarded as are your medals so you have graduated! :rofl: Thanks for participating, it was a pleasure being your instructor. Hope to see you in the Worldbuilding class in the spring. XD

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just popping in to say I'm not dead! My motherboard went and due to warranty issues I had to go to Future Shop to get it fixed. They took their sweet time getting my computer back to me, that's for sure! I also had to re-do some of my work, but I will finish it (hopefully some time this month!) Thanks for your patience DarkRider!

Alrighty, all done! I went with a separate house and location from the earlier lessons, but it's an NPC house (and I don't know much about NPCs) so I won't be releasing it. At least, not in its current form. I hope that's OK :unsure:

This is the holiday estate of Diego Volleri, a rich banker who (I decided after hitting ctrl+D on an ale bottle six times) loves the booze. It's located just next to Aleswell, so all provisional needs are met, but it still has a secluded atmosphere and a sweet view. I've got quest ideas in mind, but for now here's my final:

Land before the mod

After the mod

Backyard:

Stable/sheep pen and garden

Bench overlooking the IC

Servants' entrance and well

Interior:

Servants' room

Food storage and servant dining

Guest space (pretty bare on purpose)

Dinner for one :(

Alchemy and draaanks

Bedroom and banking stuff

Cozy by the fire

Basement:

ALE!

Simple storage

Sorry if that was too many... I'm just super proud of it :D

Looks fantastic Game, but there is a slight issue with not releasing it. You need to release to do the release option, otherwise it doesn't count. Can you maybe add a small player friendly "guest house" out back and release it as a BETA since you plan on adding to it? I love what you've done and you deserve the credit but if you don't release I cant pass you, as it wouldn't be fair to the other students. :(

Looks like a good start T4YLOR but just in your screenshots I see floating strawberries, floating pathing outside and over lit rooms. Have a go at tweaking those things to get full credit. :yes:

[EDIT] Took a look in person, you need to pack resources you use with the mod. Resource bookcases, and the alchemy chart, that all needs to be credited in a readme file as well when you release. You also have exterior pathnodes under your house and stable. :yes:

To be frank this seems really REALLY rushed, take your time and do it right so you have a release you can be proud of. :D

It's not T4Y, it's really not, sadly. Something's gone wrong. :no:

Not sure what you did here. but your .esp contains no interiors or exteriors. It's one container (which starts with a 1 :uhuh:) and a few uncredited resources you didn't pack up....that's it. There's no house here. :shrug:

I see the screens, but that's not what you've uploaded here. Is this a cleaning job gone wrong? Or did you make a new .esp when you forgot to set this one as the active file? :unsure:

Your screens still show some issues, static objects clipping through others strangely, misaligned fires, etc. The point of this exam is to show what you learned in the class, but you are skipping vital steps you were taught. I think a re-read of the material is needed before you have another go. And again, you need to CREDIT the authors of resources you use or its stealing, and package them up with the .esp or they will appear as missing meshes in the downloader's game. :yes:

Well looking at your cleaning screen you IGNORED the top level worldspace Tamriel which would have nuked your exterior. And not sure what happened to your interior but it doesn't exist either so maybe you nuked that in the cleaning as well. Did you backup your mod before cleaning as instructed in class?

Alrighty, I've added a livable workshop that the player can occupy for the time being, and locked the doors to the estate. I made a couple of exterior improvements as well.

However, I am having a major issue with Gecko cleanup. I am ignoring only the cells which are not my claimed ones (on a second try I even left a couple extra buffer cells un-ignored just in case), but either the landscaping reverts to the original in my claimed cells (leaving a subterranean house), or the entire cell just disappears. When I load it in the cs I get an all pink or grey screen, and can't find/center on any object with 'c'. I also get innumerable warnings about invalid pathgrids and duplicate land and other such ominous-sounding things. So there's some fatal error I'm making with Gecko... :shrug:

Aside from the Gecko issue, it's all set to release as a beta :D

Pathgrids (forgot last time):

Exterior front

Exterior 2

Exterior 3

Main Interior

Basement

Workshop

Revised Exterior:

Cellar door to workshop

Garden Statue

Workshop 1

Workshop 2

Taking in the view (landscape improvements)