DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

CS Basics: Final Exam

DarkRider

Looks great max and great job sticking with it and doing the job well, that's something to be proud of, I hope you gave yourself a pat on the back. With that you have passed the CS Basics Course and the rest of your points and medals have been awarded. Been a pleasure having you in class. :wave:

• 4 weeks later...

Haha, I finished! I've got lots of screenshots because it's a large chapter. Hopefully, I've got everything you need to see:

First of all, the pathgrids. I found out that pushing W shows you the wire model view. I found it a lot easier to work with in seeing the pathnodes. If you'd like me to upload more conventional views, just let me know:

Outside the house proper, a more zoomed-out version, The garden, Inside the farmhouse, and finally, the basement.

As you might have noticed from the pathgrids, I've got the garden and the docks:

My docks

flower garden

Hmm, I seem to have forgotten the screenshot for the inside of the house. I'll have that up in just a second. For now, here are the rest:

the basement

The approach to the house and

and my cleaned-up mod using tes4edit again.

Edit: Here are my two pics of the interior. You might see one or two things lying on the floor; those are intentional, though they were supposed to be more hidden.

One, two.

Edited by UmTheMuse

I chose the release option and here's what I built:

Pathing for exterior: http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/8849/aapathgrid.jpg

Pathing for upstairs: http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/3599/abpathgrid.jpg

Pathing for basement: http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/3227/acpathgrid.jpg (it was rather difficult to get a good image, if you want more I can upload more.)

Pathing for subbasement: http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/2418/adpathgrid.jpg

Clean proof:

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/9772/aaclean.jpg

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/7955/abclean.jpg

EDIT: Oh and I duplicated Frost Fire Glade world and built in the copy. I did NOT just rename that world and break a quest.

Edited by KingCoin

Very nicely done King :clap: Creative use of statics, though you have a tapestry clipping into the floor on the upper floor; raise it up or scale it down to get a better fit. You need to actually release the mod to get the release credit, so upload and link me when it's up and I'll close out your roster. :thumbup:

---------------

UmTheMuse, very nice as well, though I had hoped with your creativity you would have chosen the release option and really made something fantastic. The wireframe pathing is difficult to judge, it looks like you have nodes under statics, but could just be the wire effect, double check to make sure you didn't miss any. The house is pretty bare bones, but the requirements are all met so you have passed the class. Congrats on your accomplishment, I'm sure we'll see great things from you in the future. :)

Here is a vid of my Final Exam task:

I was hoping to try for the "Release" version if possible.

The house is set up for the Player right now, and I changed the Tutorial House to an NPC home for the future lessons. (I really wanted to keep this Final Exam house for my own character's use if that is possible, otherwise it won't take but 30 minutes to make it back for NPC's) You said to put something unusual in the basement - the "Doom World" is it.

The only modders resource I used was "Texian's Water Static" for the horse & sheep troughs, didn't want to have an empty bucket for them to "drink" from. If it passes for a "Release Mod" - Texian gets all the credit for his great static.

*** Known issues:

** When cleaning the mod, the script got added back to the painting, probably what the issue was. I re-renamed the painting and removed the script again - have not re-checked it yet, but will)

Edited by mALX

Time to quit trying for perfection and post my final :dance:

Path to the neighbor's house

View from Dock

View from Stables

New Farmhouse

Veggie Garden

sittingroom

Diningroom

Small room w/trapdoor

Winery

Practice Range

Basement Garden Spot

Basement 2 grid

House2 grid

Exterior path entire

There! I did it! :pints:

I'm off to start another house that I might eventually release, somewhat West of Bog Water. I 'm already thinking along the lines of a village or small city :thumbup:

Edited by koriredbow

Very nice Kori, and certainly a job well done to complete this course. I do have a couple notes for you for your future works. Some of your tapestries are touching the floor in your house, this is a type of clipping and generally yields bug reports or complaints from users. All tapestries and paintings tend to be a bit large in small houses, use the S key to scale them down for a better fit. :ok: Also, your pathing is quite bare minimum, you should strive for more connections and pathways. Without pathing alternatives, NPCs will struggle to navigate a bare path. :good:

Congrats on finishing your final exam, look forward to seeing what you do next :wave:

Here is a vid of my Final Exam task:

I was hoping to try for the "Release" version if possible.

The house is set up for the Player right now, and I changed the Tutorial House to an NPC home for the future lessons. (I really wanted to keep this Final Exam house for my own character's use if that is possible, otherwise it won't take but 30 minutes to make it back for NPC's) You said to put something unusual in the basement - the "Doom World" is it.

The only modders resource I used was "Texian's Water Static" for the horse & sheep troughs, didn't want to have an empty bucket for them to "drink" from. If it passes for a "Release Mod" - Texian gets all the credit for his great static.

Re-submitting this from the 18th because I am hoping it was just missed in an oversight.

I did miss it sorry Mal, quite a few of you going through the course during teacher's busy month, sorry about that. :smug:

The house is beautiful, and really doesn't qualify for the non release, so you need to release it to get credit. You may release, but you need to include a readme crediting your resource author and noting that it's incompatible with the Bogwater Downs mod on which this class was based. Once you have it packed up and released, link me here so I can close your roster. :good:

I did miss it sorry Mal, quite a few of you going through the course during teacher's busy month, sorry about that. :smug:

The house is beautiful, and really doesn't qualify for the non release, so you need to release it to get credit. You may release, but you need to include a readme crediting your resource author and noting that it's incompatible with the Bogwater Downs mod on which this class was based. Once you have it packed up and released, link me here so I can close your roster. :good:

Is there instructions on how to do that anywhere? (pack it up for release) Do I need to put the Water Static Meshes in a folder with the ESP or just link to Texian's site? How do I zip it up? (I have 7-Zip, but only used it to open mods before).

I just realized what you were saying about it conflicting with Bogwater Downs, they are both in the same cells! I retract wanting to release mine, would never have even thought of releasing it had I realized that - I just fell in love with the place I was making and got over-excited, I apologize for that.

Somehow I thought you were having us make these places near Bogwater Downs so we would end up with a small village out in the Black Marsh - my brain was not functioning on all cells I guess. I am sorry I misunderstood the aspect of what you were having us do.

As far as my Final Exam not qualifying for the non-release version - other than the use of Texian's water statics it absolutely does, I followed the instructions to the letter. I'd like to resubmit this for the non-release version, and apologize for not understanding what you meant above. This is my first actual working within the cells and making houses, I really did not understand that it would conflict with Bogwater Downs.

I'm really sorry, DarkRider. Will you reconsider this house for my final exam non-release version?

If you remove the resource you can qualify for non release, the non release is "no resources" so that is the only thing disqualifying it. :good:

I'll go do it right now, will you need a vid to prove it? Also, here is the vid showing I did make the bridge between the Tutorial House and the Final Exam House:

*** EDIT:

Here is proof I removed Texian's Water Statics:

Horse Trough 1

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq67/Maxical1/TESAlliance%20Homework/HorseWaterTroughTexiansWaterStaticRemoved.jpg

Horse Trough 2:

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq67/Maxical1/TESAlliance%20Homework/HorseTrough2TexiansWaterStaticRemoved.jpg

Sheep Trough:

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq67/Maxical1/TESAlliance%20Homework/SheepWaterTroughTexiansWaterStaticRemoved.jpg

Edited by mALX

• 3 weeks later...

first time i ever did a video sorry if its shabby, i started a new game so i didnt have any alchemy items on me but it works, if i need to ill add some to me and make a new video. i hope you enjoy this.

resources from cobl used tes4gecko to clean

needed to add this, its outside in daylight and clear skys

Edited by comrad1980

• 1 year later...

I ran across a few questions as I was building my Final Exam "Chateau Eklectic" [WIPz] for this class.

My question was: Do I need to keep track of where and what resources I use other than the vanilla game. The question came up as I was integrating this resource by Meo into my basement.

The answer was provided by Hanaisse and darkstone:

Hanaisse: TES4Files by MentalElf Barney Blankenship

(which packs up a mod) will find them if you haven't put all the files under your name

What you do need to keep track of is who these resources belong to for a credit list

You are keeping your file structure neat, right? All added resource under one name?

darkstone: creating a good folder structure at the beginning of the mod creation is a good habit to get into, it keeps things nice and

orderly http://tesalliance.o...-advice-please/

I would also like to thank Khettianna for this tutorial,

and also WillieSea for this one,

and InsanitySorrow for his readme generator here,

and Darkrider's Mod Design Document here.

Hope this helpful,

Ek

• 3 years later...

I just finished the Final Exam! Here's the link to the album:

I'll include here a link to some of the more pertinent pictures to pinpoint some of the specifics. It can be a little bit disorienting, that's why I included a more general view of every layout in the pathing pictures.

Garden

I decided not to go with the aquatic garden this time, mainly to take advantage of the above-water space already available in the newly claimed cell.

NPC House (Front)

The new house as requested. FarmHouse01. I chose to make it an NPC House. There are more pictures in the album.

NPC House (Connecting Bridge)

I chose to do it like this because I didn't want to adjust everything just for the platforms to be nicely connected by a single bridge prefab object.

Pathing Exterior (General Layout)

Here I used the blue nodes for the road because I had to fill in some spots along the coast with red nodes since I seem to have erased too many of the original orange ones and there appears to be no way to create more.

NPC House Interior

I chose to include this picture alone, but there are more in the album.

Pathing Int NPC House

This is simple enough (I think, I hope).

NPC House Basement

The basement in this house is connected to some ruins through a secret door behind a giant wine barrel in the center.

NPC House Basement 02 (Secret Door)

Yes, that's the HugeBarrelSecret object from the Skingrad Wine Cellar. I remembered it from a quest from the Thieves Guild and thought it should qualify as having something "unique" in the basement. There are two activators so the player is able to open it from the basement and then close it from the other side.

NPC House Basement to Ruins

Here's a picture from the other side looking back to the house's wine cellar.

NPC House Basement Ruins (Blocked Path)

Since it appears to me it wouldn't be plausible for this simple structure (the NPC House) to have sole access to some ancient ruins I added this blocked path to imply some kind of connection to the neighboring Fort Teleman. I thought of connecting both basements, but I got lazy in the end.

Pathing Int NPC House Basement (General Layout)

This should give you a pretty good idea of where everything is in the in-game basement pictures. I studied how the pathing was done in the Thieves Guild quest that involves the HugeSecretBarrel object and linked the red node to the secret door activator. It appears to work. Here's a picture of that.

New Cell (Cave Below Garden)

I created this new cell to connect the basement of the NPC House to the exterior garden. I used a new cell to make it darker with dungeon music and dungeon water. I created a new form ID from the Cheydinhal Well Door object and, along with a feature from CSE, I managed to change its associated NIF file to that of the Castle Well. Just to see if it could be done.

Pathing Int CaveBelowGarden (General Layout)

Just a formality.

I think that's all I wanted to pinpoint about the cells, objects and pathing. Now it's time to move onto the issues that appeared during this last stretch: seams! Landscape seams!

Landscape Seam

I suspected this might happen if I got too close but I kept going anyway...

TES4Edit Screenshot

The seams are really easy to fix with the landscape tool, but now I'm unable to remove those cells from the ESP unless I want the seams to return. I don't know if there's a solution for that. For now, I purged the ESP of everything but this two cells (000041DD and 000041DE) I had to modify to fix the seams. I suppose this makes the mod "dirty", but oh well.

Edited by ASnakeNeverDies
Corrections.