DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

CS Basics: Final Exam

DarkRider

• 1 month later...

Ok, here it is. It's been a while but working on three other mods as of late tends to slow things down: Ghorak's House. All the relevant screenshots are on that link, with the exception of the pathgrids, which are below.

I must explain something first: the decoration in these shots isn't the final one. They were taken before I was finished with the decoration. Not much has changed though and the pathgrids therefore stayed the same.

Outside:1 2

1st floor: 1 2

Stairs

2nd floor

Basement

I must say I completely forgot about taking a screen of the mod cleaning. Can't do it now since the dirty one is no longer here but I can say I only had to reset the original location of the house (near the place where you find Fin Gleam) to vanilla. Sorry about this :/

There's a bit of cleaning to do yet unless these things should be changed intentionally, seems unlikely unless there's a quest here somewhere. :read:

Under Cells:

CELL record: AnvilPinarusInventiusHouse (000308C6)
[Group: Cell (000308C6) children]

CELL record: AnvilLighthouseBasement (000308BE)
[Group: Cell (000308BE) children]

CELL record: DrakeloweFarmBasement (0003E92A)
[Group: Cell (0003E92A) children]

CELL record: AbandonedMine (00015C3D)
[Group: Cell (00015C3D) children]
[/code] [color=#FFA500]Under Containers:[/color] This one is likely that you changed contents and renamed it but when it asked you to create a new form, you may have tapped no, so this is now actually a renamed vanilla container you changed, under the old form ID which is dirty editing. There are now 53 versions of your container across Cyrodiil :shock:
[code]
CONT record: ePChestJewelryMiddle01 (0018B72C)
And under Worldspaces: It looks like you tried to nuke dirty edits to Tamriel but left its children to keep your landscaping. Because Tamriel is parented to AnvilWorld, any changes made will always reflect in both, so you SHOULD have Tamriel under worldspaces too (you always will unless the mod contains nothing connected to Tamriel). But by deleting the Tamriel parent from your mod you actually create a place for instability with those orphaned child records. If you don't have a pre-clean version of the mod, it's cleaner to delete those leftover children and redo the landscaping in AnvilWorld, leaving both in tact then. :yes:

Group: Worldspace (0000003C) children
[/code]

[color=#FFA500]Overall impressions:[/color] basement is nice, very clean build, nothing floating or clipping and a nice sense of character for the person who lived there. Same is reflected in the upstairs, I liked your use of lighting, it felt very fitting for the rooms, pathing was good. I did notice your cells have no ownership, they should both be set to PlayerFaction if they are to be functional as a player home. The landscaping outside is a little rough in back, but overall is very functional and nice., great choices in statics, a solid cohesive theme. :)

To pass the exam, you need to clean out the dirty edits that are left, adjust your landscape in AnvilWorld (as it will revert after cleaning), assign cell ownership to the PlayerFaction. Total time, should take you about a half hour so don't be daunted, you're nearly there, just tighten these things up and you're good to pass! :thumbup:

Oh, yes, those first four... Nothing changed there since I just went for a look to check a few things, mainly the basement tiles that never seemed to merge seamlessly for me (and I turned out to be right).

I'll clean up those things tomorrow and redo the landscaping. I still have to get around to do a proper cleaning... I'll use this to clutter the back of the house a bit more. It sure could use some more rocks in there... Thanks for the feedback. By the way, was it very hard to find the key?

Ok, so I updated the file. I actually still had a "dirty" version of the esp standing on my Recycle Bin. I restored it, edited a few things: the house ownership and a teeny tiny bit of landscaping on the backyard - it's still a bit empty in the part right behind the house but it's supposed to be since it's the archery range and cluttering it too much wouldn't make much sense given the fact you need and unobstructed path when shooting :P. I cleaned the mod and I think everything is alright now. I didn't try to nuke the dirty edits in Tamriel alone but instead went for the other ones. I also took care of the container and interior cells issues. Of course, as usual, I'd like you to take a look to see if I messed anything up again and also, as usual, thanks in advance.

I plan on improving a thing or two but first I need to get my head around scripting because all I can do so far is print "Hello world!" when you press a button :P.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so I updated the file. I actually still had a "dirty" version of the esp standing on my Recycle Bin. I restored it, edited a few things: the house ownership and a teeny tiny bit of landscaping on the backyard - it's still a bit empty in the part right behind the house but it's supposed to be since it's the archery range and cluttering it too much wouldn't make much sense given the fact you need and unobstructed path when shooting :P. I cleaned the mod and I think everything is alright now. I didn't try to nuke the dirty edits in Tamriel alone but instead went for the other ones. I also took care of the container and interior cells issues. Of course, as usual, I'd like you to take a look to see if I messed anything up again and also, as usual, thanks in advance.

I plan on improving a thing or two but first I need to get my head around scripting because all I can do so far is print "Hello world!" when you press a button :P.

I know that quoting myself might not look too good but it has a reason: I forgot about the cleaning screens (again, dammit, and yes, it took me over a week :P) so here they are: 1 2 3. These are the "before", as usual. There are four cells in "AnvilWorld" That had to remain signalled since that's where the house is.

It's all for now. Just waiting on the verdict. Let's see if it's "third time's the charm" or if I got it right at the second swing. Stay tuned.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey El, sorry for the delay getting you feedback on round 2.

First off everything looks pretty clean in Gecko, don't see anything standing out, so it appears you have done that part of the job well. :thumbup:

There are just a couple notes for you on other things. First in your basement cell, there is a lot of...what appears to just junk floating around the cell outside your basement kits, I count 3 doors (one of which is clipping through the ceiling by your ladder entry) and a couple big rocks. This stuff gets rendered even out of sight, when dropping things into the render window, if you opt out of using something make sure you delete it. In the Cell View window, it give you an ordered list of everything in that cell, you can use that list to spot things that don't belong. In particular the large rocks in the basement are giving a duplicate ID error on load, so you'll want to nix them. :)

Next in the upper floor of your interior, second story bedroom, your dresser and the small dresser atop it are floating a bit, they need lowering. Everything else in the interior appears spot on, didn't see any other cluttering issues, which is good for a house mod.

Exteriors looks great, pathing inside and out are well done, I don't see any major fallout from the cleaning process, it all looks quite good. :yes:

Aside from a bit of tidying in the CS needed, the rest is on point so you pass the class, well done, and I look forward to seeing what you roll out next. :smarty:

Had a play through Brina Cross TK, all looks good, definitely beyond the scope of this class, but well executed. Would have been nice to have the screens submitted (:poke:) but I've had a look for myself and all changed records appear intentional. You have passed the class, well done, and I'm sure we'll see bigger and better things from you. XD

Hey El, sorry for the delay getting you feedback on round 2.

First off everything looks pretty clean in Gecko, don't see anything standing out, so it appears you have done that part of the job well. :thumbup:

There are just a couple notes for you on other things. First in your basement cell, there is a lot of...what appears to just junk floating around the cell outside your basement kits, I count 3 doors (one of which is clipping through the ceiling by your ladder entry) and a couple big rocks. This stuff gets rendered even out of sight, when dropping things into the render window, if you opt out of using something make sure you delete it. In the Cell View window, it give you an ordered list of everything in that cell, you can use that list to spot things that don't belong. In particular the large rocks in the basement are giving a duplicate ID error on load, so you'll want to nix them. :)

Next in the upper floor of your interior, second story bedroom, your dresser and the small dresser atop it are floating a bit, they need lowering. Everything else in the interior appears spot on, didn't see any other cluttering issues, which is good for a house mod.

Exteriors looks great, pathing inside and out are well done, I don't see any major fallout from the cleaning process, it all looks quite good. :yes:

Aside from a bit of tidying in the CS needed, the rest is on point so you pass the class, well done, and I look forward to seeing what you roll out next. :smarty:

Glad I got my cleaning sorted out. It was my biggest problem. I do remember seeing a floating door in the basement since I got back to it (I'm working on some improvements and some of them are already working) but I wondered what the heck was it doing in there. I must have forgot about it, apparently. It's taken care of now, as well as the dresser and the small dresser. I did notice the first one but missed the second one. They will be all corrected once the next version comes out, which shouldn't be too long from now.

Had a play through Brina Cross TK, all looks good, definitely beyond the scope of this class, but well executed. Would have been nice to have the screens submitted (:poke:) but I've had a look for myself and all changed records appear intentional. You have passed the class, well done, and I'm sure we'll see bigger and better things from you. XD

Sorry. :blush:

And I'm sure you will. Even now I'm working on a brand new, even better version of the mod you've already seen, with new quests and dungeons and treasure, and perhaps a neat-o unique weapon. :D

thank you for your assistance in educating me with the CS. :)

• 1 month later...

Hey. I decided to go for the release route but wait until i do the other classes so i can add my old Morrowind character to the house.

What i've done is try too recreate my Morrowind characters old house in oblivion. So after i've learnt abit more about creating Npc's i'll release this with alittle quest attached.

So here goes nothing. :)

Outside the House

Here's the outside of the house with some flowers and tree's on the left. Also you can't see it in this picture but there's a note attatched to the wall.

You can see what it says below.

Note on wall

Horse Stable

Here's a floating horse stable just because it looks funky and i wanted abit more practise with creating things on water.

Gardening Area

Here's a small gardening area with two saplings starting too grow.

Wall Shelf in house

Here's a wall shelf inside Alcatres' house with alchelmy equiptment and a few books.

Bedroom Overview

Here's the overview of the bedroom.

WorkDesk in bedroom

Here's a workdesk in the bedroom with some custom crumpled up notes from magic projects he was working on.

Fire with cooking pot

Here's a fire with a cooking pot ontop situated in the dining room.

Dining Room dinner for three

Here's the dining room table with three meals and desert for afters.

Reading Area

Here's a bookshelf and a nice little reading corner.

Basement

Here's the basement. I know the chandelier is very low and close to the barrels. I designed it like this though as part of the small quest im going to add it later.

Now finally here's the path grid pictures.

House interior Pathing

Exterior Pathing

Basement Pathing

Thanks ~ Deran9ed.

Good job, sounds like you have a good plan in place. One note there's a typo in your note should read "of Morrowind" not "off Morrowind". Lighting seems a bit harsh in some places, the reading area for example. but that vastly personal choice. Other than that, looks good, well done. You have passed the class, but I can't give you release credit unless you actually release. I recommend releasing a Beta version like this student did CLICKY so you can get the credit you deserve, and you can always add to it as you planned later. :thumbup:

Looks good cleaning wise Max, except for one point, you renamed a named cell. Remember from Lesson #3

Smarty Says: If the cell you have altered is already named something other than Wilderness like the neighboring cell FortTelemanExterior, STOP, do not rename it. Renaming a named cell can cause conflicts if another mod references that cell by its original name. Just make note of that cell's name so you know not to clean it out later on accident, but leave it in tact.

Be careful not to name named cells, I can help fix this after you release. :thumbup: