DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

New to Oblivion... old in Morrowind

emma

Hi everyone! :bagged:

Some of you might know me since earlier on, as I've been active in the Morrowind modding community since... well since june 2002 I think.

However, it was only in august this year, after playing through Oblivion a second time, that I loaded up the construction set and started to get familiar with it. And it's fun! :clap:

I'm working on a companion and having a great time with it, but in between I have also made some small houses, and those I have uploaded here today. So I thought it was about time to say hi! :)

My name is Emma, I'm from Sweden, and as said before, I've been modding since Morrowind was released. However, I had to take a long break for serious family reasons at approx the time when Oblivion was released, so I guess that's why I never got around to mod it - until now.

Emma! Hail!

I do remember you indeed. I did the Wood Elf Teenager voices for Children of Morrowind back then, if you remember. :bagged:

(I always chuckle when I pass by the Wood Elf outside Vivec's Foreign Quarter and hear me talking.)

I use almost all mods hosted on your website. They brought and are still bringing tons of fun to my Morrowindesque experience.

Welcome to the Alliance!

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome :P

Cliffworms! :) I just *knew* it was you! You know, I think of you each time I start my Morrowind game. You see, I have a save that I always start out from when I'm testing something new, and in that save I'm standing in Vivec, and just a few steps away from me, there's a woodelf boy who tends to say something more or less insulting to me each time he gets close :thumbup: I'm still so happy for the excellent voice-recording you made for Children of Morrowind!

It *is* a shame that there aren't any Cyrodiil children yet... but isn't there a project called Children of Cyrodiil in the works?? Or has that stalled indefinitely? I wouldn't want to interfere with anyone elses project, but I must admit that the idea has occurred to me.. I do have a child companion in my own game, but it's just my daughter voice-acting, and her english isn't that good...

Anyway, I'm working on a grownup companion right now, and I'm having great fun with it :). Although I *still* think Morrowind has the better main quest, Oblivion is a really lovely game, and one discover more and more things as one play (I just try to stay miles away from that mainquest - Oblivion gates just isn't my cup of tea biggrin.gif )

Thank you Emma for the kind comments!

You know, my Morrowind game is very "Emmafied" as well! My good-aligned characters always take good care of the poor homeless kids in Ald Ruhn.

Hehe, I remember when I first installed COM, I didn't know that I was assigned to the Wood Elves. The first time I passed by the teenager outside Vivec, he said "I don't like you!". I literally jumped of my seat and stared at him, surprised that I just heard my own voice telling me that. :thumbup::P

Those screenshots are beautiful! Nicely done! I think the problem with creating children for Oblivion is that they cannot have their own body mesh, making the boys as muscular as grownups and the same for girls.

I'll be curious at this companion you are currently designing. I really love the Wood Elf thief you designed for Morrowind. Mischievous, but a favourite of mine! :)

Hi again, and thank you for the welcome XD

Yugi, I have seen your name around before, but never knew you were scandinavian, too! Heh, for some reason I imagined you were from Japan :salute:

I'm amazed that so many of you were also playing Morrowind - and using mods obviously :). To be honest, I felt a bit shy entering a 'new community', and it's good to see so many familiar faces.

I have been reading up on the Voice Actor project - it sounds like quite THE resource for quest-modders! How does it work? Is it often that people are 'hired' (sorry... I can't find the right word for this :yes: ) for quest-mods etc? Amazing that you also learn to lipsync - I've recently been lipsyncinig +1500 entries, I feel exhausted even by thinking of it!!

Cliffworms:

Those screenshots are beautiful! Nicely done! I think the problem with creating children for Oblivion is that they cannot have their own body mesh, making the boys as muscular as grownups and the same for girls.

I'll be curious at this companion you are currently designing. I really love the Wood Elf thief you designed for Morrowind. Mischievous, but a favourite of mine!

I agree... the thing that you cannot replace a body for just one race IS a problem. However, there exists clothing meshes for flat-chested girls - the girls in that screenies look more like my daughter, who is 11, than like grown up women. But, if you think back on ver 1 of Children of Morrowind, the problem was similar, as I replaced body-parts with male clothes! What happened was that Motoki resized a head with hairs for me, which made the proportions look better.

The companion isn't a woodelf thief this time - it's a rather sweet-tempered non-romance nord alchemist girl with a mission on her own. I first wanted to make her a forceful warrior, but then I had to voiceact her myself (didn't know about any Voice Projects at that time), and I swear my voice isn't warrior-like enough to even scare a kitten! :yes:

I'm amazed that so many of you were also playing Morrowind - and using mods obviously :). To be honest, I felt a bit shy entering a 'new community', and it's good to see so many familiar faces.

I have been reading up on the Voice Actor project - it sounds like quite THE resource for quest-modders! How does it work? Is it often that people are 'hired' (sorry... I can't find the right word for this :blush: ) for quest-mods etc? Amazing that you also learn to lipsync - I've recently been lipsyncinig +1500 entries, I feel exhausted even by thinking of it!!

Many of us are still playing Morrowind. XD Me included, and adding mods to it. LOL I recently broke down and braved MGE finally after all these years. Not that I've ever been tired of MW but wow it's even more impressive now. :wub: but I digress!

When you want voice actors for a project, you just make a thread in our Voice Actors Project Forum with the roles you need, an estimate on lines, deadline if you have it, etc... :D We have some sterling VA's here on TESA. Have a look and a listen through the Actor's threads in the Archives Forum. :pints:

I have yet to dare approaching MGE!! XD

And as for Oblivion, I haven't even figured out all of the letter-combinations for the big mods...

I'm still playing and modding Morrowind as well, but haven't done anything 'big' since Children of Morrowind 2 last year - just little face packs and such.

It's good to know that there is an active Voice Actors project in the community. I've dreaded even thinking of doing anything bigger in Oblivion, as mute npcs in a world of talking npcs doesn't seem right.

I was working on a Children of Cyrodiil when I saw your mod a few years back. I think I even asked you for some resources or something of the sort. Unfortunately, we disbanded. I do believe there is a new team on it somewhere around here, though. I think they moved on to FO3 though... Hopefully not. Again, welcome. :pints:

I was working on a Children of Cyrodiil when I saw your mod a few years back. I think I even asked you for some resources or something of the sort. Unfortunately, we disbanded. I do believe there is a new team on it somewhere around here, though. I think they moved on to FO3 though... Hopefully not. Again, welcome. :unsure:

Aww... so maybe no Cyrodiil Children on their way then? XD

Hmm... is there an interest for Cyrodiil Children in the community?

When I worked on CoM there was a genuine interest that made things very simple, everyone who could wanted to participate with something - voices, toys, suggestions. Thanks to that, it wasn't so hard to accomplish the mod in itself. And with all the support and encouragement I got, I truly enjoyed working on this project, to figure out how to set up things and see the children ingame.

I don't think it would be *that* hard to make a small scale children mod for Oblivion, provided that one could get permission to use the flatchested female outfits by Koutetsu.. Currently, only one of his outfits is released as a resource (although I use more of them on the children in my Oblivion game, of course XD)

I think you probably asked me for voices for the project - I remember I had a request for that once. However, I couldn't offer you much, as the agreement between me and the parents were only for Children of Morrowind. I.e. not even I could re-use other voices than those of my own kids for for instance a Children of Oblivion mod, as I would first have to track down the teenage voiceactors and, worse, the parents of the younger voice-actors.

holy crap it's Emma! unworthy.gif

i love ur Morrowind stuff :dizzy:

anyway, on the children note, i don't know why having muscular boys is such a bas thing since it's not like they're gonna be running around naked...at least not in my game :blink:

anyway, glad to see ya here Emma :blink:, maybe u'll be the one to make CoO (i know i'd love it)

Edited by InsanitySorrow
Do not use symbols to bypass the Word Censor

:wave: Hi both of you!

Hehe Pushkatu, guess what... I saw that you had arrived and started a new introduction thread, and I thought to myself "This time, I'll will finally be the one who posts a welcominggreeting.... I'll just load the dishwasher first and then i write a reply in his thread."

:D

And here I am, replying to you in my thread instead - you are a lot faster than I!! :):D

BadCompany, I think the thing with 'muscular boys' is that their shoulders, size of hands and arms, will look different than what it does on young boys, and this you can spot also when they are dressed. However, some outfits look acceptable whereare others wouldn't work at all. It's for sure not possible to make smaller kids this way, as the size of their head is bigger in comparision to the rest of the bodies. So different from Morrowind, Cyrodiil children couldn't possible be younger than around 10-13. At that time they will go into pre-puberty and their bodies will start to look more like adults.