DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

(REQ) Converting Birds To Oblivon

RedDragonDreamer

Firstly, this isn't just for me to use, I am asking on behalf of the awesome folk at ORE

A while back, back in the era when Korana was making awesome houses for Morrowind Cait made her special birds with animations and also a cage for them also with the door animated.

Korana has very kindly given permission for the birds, their animations and the cage which is located here:

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=27167 Pearl Palace has the files we ask for.

Hoping that someone who knows how to convert these could please take the time to do them.

Thank you for your time

• 2 weeks later...

Well I'll be the first to reply... kinda shocking really given that it has been 9 days.

anyways; '>Here'sthe birdcage - in a few textures - 8 variants in total. All new textures since at it looked like those textures were vanilla morrowind textures (at least most of them) - so couldn't be used. Also the animation is new... existing didn't import/export properly... got to use a PyFFI script I wrote a while ago for the first time in a productive way - just made an open animation and ran the script to make the close animation.

So to use the animations on the cages would need a script along the lines of

scn whateveryouwant

short animstate

begin onActivate

if animstate == 0

playgroup forward 1

set animstate to 1

else

playgroup backward 1

set animstate to 0

endif

end

I'm also going to start in on the birds but they'll take bit longer; I can in less than 5 minutes have a static bird of each kind (assuming the textures are reusable (ie not using vanilla MW textures)). Hwever Making them nice IMO will require that they are setup as creatures... which takes a (significant) bit longer - have to a ) make a skeleton for them (or use an existing but the closest would be imp and I don't think that would look good) b ) rig them (hard part for me) c ) create animations (only if doing a )... got pretty much zero experience so far with that... but I've been meaning to... and my modeling I haven't been happy with faces of creatures so this will give me a chance to practice the next step, and go back and practice more 'organic' modeling later.

Pacific Morrowind

Thank you for converting the cage!

In my opinion, the birds would actually be better as activators. Even the best "glued in spot" AI defaults under certain conditions, and will occasionally cause the animals to move out of their designated area despite collision. If the cage has collision, they'll never be able to get back in and all chaos will ensue.

Granted, proper AI will keep this from occurring most of the time, but on occasion it can still happen...quite often when the player rests in the same cell as creatures you'll see this happen.

If you can animate the birds (all Cait's textures, no worries there) as activators it would make it easier on the modder, and avoid what I call the "AI reset" issue that occurs.

Thank you for converting the cage!

In my opinion, the birds would actually be better as activators. Even the best "glued in spot" AI defaults under certain conditions, and will occasionally cause the animals to move out of their designated area despite collision. If the cage has collision, they'll never be able to get back in and all chaos will ensue.

Granted, proper AI will keep this from occurring most of the time, but on occasion it can still happen...quite often when the player rests in the same cell as creatures you'll see this happen.

If you can animate the birds (all Cait's textures, no worries there) as activators it would make it easier on the modder, and avoid what I call the "AI reset" issue that occurs.

sure activators can be done... still take a bit of time; less than creature more than static (since static is soo quick). I'll try and get this done quite soon.

Pacific Morrowind