DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

My quest

DsoS

I'd like to start my first quest for my WIPz Ruins of Malamath (RoM for short)

=======

I'm sure you know what these stand for but I'll list them anyway:

PC = Player Character

=======

Start Quest:

Malamath Information:

If PC is in IC Market District then PC gets Quest Note saying, "I have just heard of a rumor about a new Ayleid Ruin that was uncovered. This sounds interesting, maybe I should ask some people about the rumors."

PC talks to a few citizens who tell him to speak with Guards anywhere in the IC.

PC talks to any guard, who tell him that if he wants information go see Captain (No Name)

PC finds the Captain at IC Prison Yard, where there are 4 other guards. If PC speaks to any of the 4 other guards, they tell PC to speak to the Captain.

PC speaks to Captain. Captain says, "Yes, the rumors are right, there was a recently found Ayleid Ruin, high in the mountains. We are going to be leaving soon the head there."

PC Talk Options:

I would like to join your expedition.

Captain replies, "It will cost you 10,000 septims to travel with us."

PC options:

1) Pay 10,000 septims

2) Are you out of your mind, that is stupid to make someone pay

.....If PC chooses option 1, 10,000 is removed from inventory, Captain speaks again (below)

.....If PC chooses option 2, Captain replies, "Then Don't waste my time, leave now or be arrested"

If PC chose option 1, Captain says, "We leave in 24 hours, please come back within that time." If you missed us, you will have to find the ruins on your own.

Message Box: I have paid to go on this expedition, the Captain says that we will leave in 24 hours, and if I miss it, I will have to find the ruins on my own.

======

24 hours later:

If PC misses the Captain leaving... a Message Box saying, "I have missed the leaving time, I should try to find the ruins on my own. I have a feeling it will not be a easy thing to find." (NO MAP MARKER)

IF PC speaks to captain within 24 hours, Captain says "We are ready to leave"

PC Options:

1) I am ready to leave

2) I am not ready to leave

If PC chooses Option 1 then,

.....Captain says, it will take us 24 hours to arrive to the ruins.

........... PC is then moved to the Ruins location (Not sure about this or how to do it)

When PC arrives, he had fallen asleep in the caravan, He awakes to the Captain pushing him.

Message Box " Looks like we have arrived, I should speak to the Captain.

PC speaks to captain.

Captain says, "We have just unsealed the door. It is dark inside and probably dangerous. You may help us explore the ruins but be careful." Since it is dark you may need these... Guard Hands PC 2 torches.

Message Box, "I have been given permission to venture inside the Ruins. I should be careful if I do."

PC enters ruins

=======================================

NEW QUEST

Darkness of Malamath:

PC enters ruins, upon entering...

Message Box, "It is dark in here, I should use the torch that the Captain gave me. I should also see if there is any way of lighting up this place."

After PC lights the place up...

Quest Update and disables 10 guards that will no longer be needed.

Message Box "I have found a way to light up the ruins. I can now safely venture further into the ruins. But first I should speak to the Captain.

PC leaves ruin, and speaks to captain...

PC Options:

I have found lights the place has been brought back to life it seems.

Captain Replies, "Great Job. Now only if my men were as brave as You and I were!" (Gives a good laugh)

PC Options:

I would like to explore the ruins deeper.

Captain replies, "By all means be careful"

================

Notes for "Darkness of Malamath"

When PC finds and actives my activator, Quest is finished. I have a normal script for the lights, but would like to somehow integrate it with this quest.

If PC finds a gate/door before lighting the place up, he/she can NOT enter. (Once again I have a script. As far as I'm concerned as long as it does what its suppose to do, I don't care to integrate this, only if I really need to, or if it would be easier to do so)

=================

New Quest

Cleansing of Malamath:

After the lights have been actived, I will have several special weapons, that I want enabled after the PC gets the new quest update. These weapons will be one of each, dagger, bow, longsword, shortsword, mace, etc. I would like it, when the player picks up ONE weapon the others dissappear. I would also like to have a message box saying...

Message Box: "I think I should choose one weapon wisely, as I don't know what power they hold."

After PC chooses the rest disappear, and....

Message Box: "After I picked up a weapon, all the others turned to dust. They must have had a special link to allow a person use of only one. I best not lose this weapon."

The weapons will be Quest Items until after the Quest has been finished.

PC must "cleanse" the ruins of all evil. He will have to make 200 kills for the place to be considered "cleasned"

How can I do that?

Since I am unsure about how to do this, I have no other information about this quest.

==============

NEW QUEST

Purchasing Malamath:

After all other quests has finished, the player has the option to buy malamath.

Options for purchase:

(Each one is a different purchase)

Malamath itself

Guards, 10 for the first area, and 5 for each other area (with the expection of a few areas)

The different room options and the clutter and funiture

Throne Room

Kitchen/Dining Room

Guards Quarters

Servant Quarters

Alchemy Room

Armory Room

King/Queen Bedroom (PC bedroom)

Greenery

Crypts

Possibly more areas.

===========

For now that is all I can think of.

As of right now, there are NO NPC's or enemies (except for a few that does not count with any quests, only to guard a few things.)

How would I go along and make all this a quest?

If any more information is needed, just ask it and I will answer it to my best of knowledge.

Your question is a lot like outlining a mod idea and saying "Now how do I make this a mod?" You're going to have to do a bit more work yourself before we can help.

You should start with this tutorial:

Scholar Lingwei outlines how the quest builder works and how to turn your quest idea into a functioning quest. If you need additional guidance, these two wiki tutorials are excellent:

http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/index.php/Dialogue_Tutorial

http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/index.php/Quest_Tutorial

It's useful to know that in Oblivion Questbuilding and Dialogue often go hand and hand.

Start with those tutorials if you encounter SPECIFIC questions, post back and we can try to help you. :clap:

Your question is a lot like outlining a mod idea and saying "Now how do I make this a mod?" You're going to have to do a bit more work yourself before we can help.

You should start with this tutorial:

Scholar Lingwei outlines how the quest builder works and how to turn your quest idea into a functioning quest. If you need additional guidance, these two wiki tutorials are excellent:

http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/index.php/Dialogue_Tutorial

http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/index.php/Quest_Tutorial

It's useful to know that in Oblivion Questbuilding and Dialogue often go hand and hand.

Start with those tutorials if you encounter SPECIFIC questions, post back and we can try to help you. :thumbup:

well, one of the reasons why I placed it here is so I would have sometime ot work with, and to get it off my mind, in case I forgot it.

I will look at those tutorials, though I think I already tried those from the CS Wiki, and didn't understand it, ill check again

Thank you