DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

The Clutterers Guild

grond

This is the idea thread for

~~~The Unofficial Guild of Clutterers~~~

Modders who excel at filling Oblivion homes with realism and beauty.

They need your ideas! I need your help!! And a pint of Guinness!!

Here I am, writing to you from my tiny cell. Nothing but a Mountain Dew and my Pall Malls ( both set to -1 in my inventory - never run empty! ), a ridiculously small window, and the programs. Blender, Nifskope and the GIMP. The window is barred of course.

And I'm hungry. Desperately hungry. But they won't let me eat until I show some progress.

They've given me a list of items - well one of them has. Khettienna was the first of the Cluttering Ruffians to find me. She tricked me into this cell with the promise of Guinness and chili.

Um, those things weren't here.

But she laughed as she closed the heavy banded steel portal. "You'll have your stout," she cried, "when we have our clutter!"

I guess the Dew is to keep me awake.

You see, the Clutter Ruffians need new items. Lots of 'em. And they're mean, really mean. They want STUFF. I don't know how I can do all of these things myself. My stomach's already growling.

Here's the list:

1. folded towel/blankets of varying shapes (fatter than folded cloth, to account for thicker fabrics) (havoked)
  2. Varla/Welkynd/glass fragments (havoked) pics
  3. figurines of varying kinds (porcelain, rough clay, whatever) (havoked)
  4. coiled rope, thin and thick (havoked) pics
  5. spooled thread (havoked)
  6. sewing/knitting needles (havoked) pics
  7. proper kitchen canisters pics
  8. cluster of dried flower petals (havoked) pix
  9. stuff that hangs from ceilings - windchimes, hanging baskets, etc. chimes pix, basket pix
  10. table-top picture frames (havoked) pix
  11. more baskets, with & without tops (so some can be containers) pix
  12. open scroll (like partially unrolled on a table) (static) pix
  13. large-topped jars for things like lard, butter, etc... pix
  14. boot flask (havoked) pix
  15. table-top candle holders for skinny candles pix
  16. tea light candles pix
  17. beat up old guitar or mandolin guitar pix mandolin pix
  18. watering can!!! pix
  19. new jewelry/trinket boxes pix
  20. stock style-matched teapots - Red's teapot collection pix, pans, kitchen utensils (havoked)
  21. tailoring mannequin - like an armor dummy, but for sewing not smashing, and in male & female forms pix
  22. curtains (some variety from the anvil curtains) pix
  23. stock style-matched ceiling cabinets (so we don't have to turn stock cupboards upside-down and stick them on the ceiling)
  24. fireplace poker (havoked) pix
  25. simple flute (havoked) pix
  26. tobacco pipe (havoked)
  27. shells(abalone, clam, conch, etc)(havoked)
  28. fishing rod
  29. hand mirror (havoked)
  30. spyglass(havoked)
  31. hand broom (havoked)
  32. dust pan (havoked)
  33. astrolabe
  34. abacus
  35. a brain in a jar
  36. butter churn
  37. BUBO figurine! :cry:

MODDERS - add to my horrible workload with any suggestions for clutter items.

:salute:

MODELERS & TEXTURERS - Help me!!! I'm very hungry!

:crybaby::wallbash:

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:salute::wallbash::crybaby:

Oh Grondy, how you delight me.

As a player of wizardly nerds, I am always looking for arcane clutter, or anything that is suggestive of "olde" ways of doing things- I'd love to see an astrolabe, an abacus, and that time-worn classic, a brain in a jar.

A huge bowl of my special black bean and andouille sausage chili with roasted red peppers is in it for you. And brownies with coffee ice cream.

Oh, Grond! If you did only a portion of that list, I'd be a happy Hedge! :wallbash:

I can also do textures if you need some help. I've had three years of experience retexturing things, so I think I'm qualified to help if you need it! :crybaby:

I'm also willing to beta test. I can see a few of these things I'd be willing to have in my portion of the Tavern Tales mod. :salute:

:wub: :wub: :wub:

Oh Grondy, how you delight me.

As a player of wizardly nerds, I am always looking for arcane clutter, or anything that is suggestive of "olde" ways of doing things- I'd love to see an astrolabe, an abacus, and that time-worn classic, a brain in a jar.

A huge bowl of my special black bean and andouille sausage chili with roasted red peppers is in it for you. And brownies with coffee ice cream.

I will keep this note and hug it during the cold nights of fitful sleep in this cell, despite the fact that you've added to my workload, ma'am. :wub: The astrolabe will be my favorite task - what a modeling adventure that will be!

I could work on textures for any items you might churn out of your workshop. Just give me a good UV map and I am good to go.

Personally, I always wondered where the 'butter churns' were hidden.

O churns!!! That should be easy, except you'll want to make them workable, I suspect. unworthy.gif

I will try not to swig the endless Dew when marking seams in Blender, so I won't have the shakes, and I might make a sensible UV map. That might be the fever talking, however.

Oh, Grond! If you did only a portion of that list, I'd be a happy Hedge! :wub:

I can also do textures if you need some help. I've had three years of experience retexturing things, so I think I'm qualified to help if you need it! :P

I'm also willing to beta test. I can see a few of these things I'd be willing to have in my portion of the Tavern Tales mod. :)

I'll send the maps and meshes to you somehow, Jack - maybe that moth friend I've made can get them out of the cell to you. if I don't eat him first.

I can aid with the textures too if needed :)

Sweet, IS. Don't forget about me. Tell them my story.....!

O churns!!! That should be easy, except you'll want to make them workable, I suspect. unworthy.gif

I will try not to swig the endless Dew when marking seams in Blender, so I won't have the shakes, and I might make a sensible UV map. That might be the fever talking, however.

A static butter churn would be good, no animation necessary.

I enjoy retexturing, so send those tough ones my way! :)

I will try to send in a rat once in a while for a meal.

Here are also bunch of eggs that were supposed to be Easter egg hunt mod, but I haven't managed to finish it. I thought of surprise which would include 'Easter bunny' who would approach player and demanded his eggs back once player finds them all, but I have had problems with that. So, it got old! :)

It's havoked egg mesh with bunch of textures with normal maps and icons. Could be used as normal egg I guess or as something else. UV is not perfect. (far from perfect)

http://www.mediafire.com/?2zzx34mnztm

tn_gallery_188_116_19360.jpg

Edited by washington

I made the collision area smaller, but it still has issues.

It sinks too far into objects once havoc is activated. The original mesh does this too.

Any ideas?

[EDIT] - Strike that. It seems to work okay now. I think it was just some 'save corruption' or something going on. I will test it some more. :)

[EDIT2] - Strike that on striking that. It does sink into objects when in game, but in the CS, its havoc functions fine... I may try using the hour-glass or something for the havoc.

thread_blue.7z

I have a proposal...

For now, can the meshes be placed in the folder path:

\data\meshes\TESA\Clutter

And the textures in the folder path:

\data\textures\TESA\Clutter

I like that. I'll do it, Will. :wub:

Donn - looks great so far - Washington too! And IS that collision box is as snug as my clothes used to be, before this imprisonment began.

I am not sure where this resource is but I have seen one before. darkstone used it in his Kariba... heres a picture of it... My link

Sugar - thanks! I'll take a look at it, after a little rest. I'm lightheaded from all the Mountain Dew.

:wub: I'm gonna put my feet up in my cell...:) Nah - just till a little later - more blankets tonight and tomorrow. Towels too.

I'm not the boss you know, just a drone. But hey, these things will definitely get made!

Thanks Stoney. :)

I'm grabbing image search pages for each of the items, to help everybody find reference pics. I don't think we need to claim anything here, as everyone's models will be somewhat different and variety is why we're doing this.

But if you feel like calling 'dibs' on one of them, go right ahead and do it here. :salute: