DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

The Clutterers Guild

grond

Okay then, here's where we stand!

-Grondy's blanket needs a UV map

-We need new gem textures for the crystal balls

-We need to figure out what we mean to do with those candlesticks

-I'll fix the credits for StarX's silver

-We need to find a centralized location we can all access for uploads & downloads

Does anyone have a personal FTP they wouldn't mind sharing?

Or should we set up something on Nexus with shared rights?

Maybe we could have a shared mediafire account or something?

Ideas/opinions, let's have them! :)

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh, I'm not sure from which mod those gem textures are, maybe COBL, maybe some other. I just used what was suitable in my Data folder.

I would include them (only move them). Or if anyone wants, create new ones. I won't because it's really not my forte. Or if you don't want nothing of that, assign vanilla gem textures.

Note: no need to start 'modding ethics' discussion here because I'm tired, and besides that generally doesne't interest me and I don't participate in these kinds of discussions but skip and ignore them instead. Love me or hate me, but that's the way I am.

What else? Oh, the candlesticks... Well, the original plan was to make them "clutter light sources". But that seems to be impossible to create (or very hard, anyway I don't know how).

There could be two alternatives:

i) static light source - like the ones in the game

ii) 'torch' - a candle stick that could be equipped like a torch

Other than that, it can be flameless clutter object like it is now. (but I think that it needs the texture of unlit candle instead)

One more solution, that is my favourite I think and it works only if we go on .esm, is that we have unlit clutter candle that when dropped and activated offers options "Pick" "Lit" "Cancel" and replaces it with static lit model. If we distribute .esm, we can have scripts on items too since users would just drag&drop items. That way maybe it could be even all three, a torch, a clutter and a static light.

That script would need obse I reckon.

Uh, lots of writing for today... Once again, great work Khett!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks guys, I was pretty happy with it. XD

And the location for the shoot, it has to be said, was a marvelous choice. :wub: I recognize that view. XD

I figured you might. :rofl: Still my favourite player home. One of these eons I'm going to start another character and try one of your other homes.

WT

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a screenshot of a (very) simple trinket box I made, with various textures, let me know what you think works or if you have any other ideas:

gallery_443_98_19867.jpg

I think the UV mapping might need tweaking in places (especially the round bit on top)

Edited by the-manta

• 2 weeks later...

Clutterers Rally!

Over the next couple of days I will be doing updates. I will include WT's scrumptious little tea set, and I'd like to also include manta's trinket boxes if he will PM me the files. If nobody else will make new gem textures for the crystal balls, I will try my hand at it, or at least fall back on recolors of WillieSea's gem texture from his Tripwires mod since we have permissions for that and I have it handy. I'll set up the candle as a static light source until/unless someone figures that out some other way.

WT - I have used your tea set stuff and love it, is it okay if I try to adapt the textures for some other pieces as well? Planters, pitchers, etc.

I also have some clutter I've stock-mashed in Nifskope that I will add to the package, though none of it is particularly interesting (I think).

If anyone else has any odds and ends sitting about they want to contribute, now's a good time! :blink: