DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

The Clutterers Guild

grond

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice icons! I haven't had time to create them. And I like the colour variants.

I'd appreciate if you tell me what have you fixed in my mesh and texture because I want to improve and do next one better, naturally.

I see that collision is simple box now. I made it cylinder on purpose because you can roll them downhill like that! :wub: And it was a tiny bit shorter that mesh because I prefer that mesh sinks a bit in the base instead of floating above.

This kind of team work is what I looked for and found only in Cobl so far. I'm a 'cathedralist' - everyone can (and is encouraged to) use and improve my stuff.

I thought that I would try desktop picture frame too. It won't be as fast as spool because I have some work for today too. Just to let you know so that others can do other things from the list. Or not, we can always have two versions. :D

So Grond, you will be the 'administrator' of this project? Sorting, updating, etc? I think that would be good so that we can just upload new meshes/textures instead of working with everything.

Edit: few things I have noticed with new spool mesh and textures:

th_Clipboard02-1.jpg

- There's an ugly seem noticeable on the cylinder with new textures so I think that it would be better to just recolour my original texture.

- I saw on some Phitt's pictures that it is best to have pivot point on the bottom. New mesh has it somewhere else. Is it better not to have it on the bottom?

Edited by washington

I see that collision is simple box now. I made it cylinder on purpose because you can roll them downhill like that! :wub: And it was a tiny bit shorter that mesh because I prefer that mesh sinks a bit in the base instead of floating above.

It will still roll down the hill ect like it's supposed to do, though the rolling may not be quite as smooth, this can be adjusted if needed. The mesh sunk a bit too much into the surfaces, nothing is supposed to sink in, rather its supposed to sit on the surface as it does now :D

Edit: I see in the pics the collision has been altered again, I hope you fix it before submitting it.

Edit: I see in the pics the collision has been altered again, I hope you fix it before submitting it.

No, I haven't done anything. On the pic is comparison of my first version and new version.

I think that texture should be fixed though, because there shouldn't be seam on the cylinder in the middle.

The seam was on the original as well. But not noticable with the 'dark' blue color. It was actually worse until I fiddled with the darkness on the new texture. I think the UV map is a bit hosed because when I 'export' the UV map grid, its 'odd' and the texture does not seem to follow the exported grid. I think that 'seam' is where the UV map is duplicating another section of thread instead of making a full wrap around the object. :wub:

I am not any good with UV mapping, so perhaps its just me, I don't know. I was just trying to follow the UV grid that Nifskope exported for me.

Nice icons! I haven't had time to create them. And I like the colour variants.

I'd appreciate if you tell me what have you fixed in my mesh and texture because I want to improve and do next one better, naturally.

I see that collision is simple box now. I made it cylinder on purpose because you can roll them downhill like that! :D And it was a tiny bit shorter that mesh because I prefer that mesh sinks a bit in the base instead of floating above.

This kind of team work is what I looked for and found only in Cobl so far. I'm a 'cathedralist' - everyone can (and is encouraged to) use and improve my stuff.

I thought that I would try desktop picture frame too. It won't be as fast as spool because I have some work for today too. Just to let you know so that others can do other things from the list. Or not, we can always have two versions. :D

So Grond, you will be the 'administrator' of this project? Sorting, updating, etc? I think that would be good so that we can just upload new meshes/textures instead of working with everything.

I guess I can do that. I like 'cathedralist' - for the most part that's the way I think it should be. Of course there will be times and projects where secrecy helps the WOW factor ( I have one - don't we all? ) but I'm happy to have discovered another artisan or three who's not stuffy and secretive.

Washington good point! Here then, in this thread, might be where we could point out flaws in meshes and textures. This open criticism is perfect for TESA. We're here to learn and teach.

But...We all must remember to be civil as critics and thick-skinned when criticized. Nothings happened yet. Just reminding y'all. :)

Picture frames! We all could make a set. :)

Hmm im going to have a go at making a tobacco pipe for you. Not sure about texturing yet but i'll give it a try :)

Good luck Galv. Can't wait for it. :wub:

th_Clipboard01.jpg

Here's that picture frame. I have used custom wood textures because I have bsa extracted to hard disk that's not here right now.

Frame can easily be scaled to get different formats and replace textures for different variants. (for which I call someone else to do).

I reckon that icons should be made for each different picture, so user will have to make them. Or there can be one universal icon?

Here's the link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?utgzmt5g4wj

I have a proposal...

For now, can the meshes be placed in the folder path:

\data\meshes\TESA\Clutter

And the textures in the folder path:

\data\textures\TESA\Clutter

Let's do this for anything we upload here, mmmkay? TESA --> Clutter for both Mesh and Texture. :wub:

Heh, I couldn't resist although I would really have to do something else. :wub:

How do you people attach pictures and files here? I see that Khettiena, Da Mage and Willie Sea have attached something... Where's 'attach' button? Or maybe only staff can do that?

I can do the icon :D

So you think that one icon for all pictures would do? I think that it would be better if each picture would have it's icon. But maybe you can do a single one that would be great for all of them.

Let's do this for anything we upload here, mmmkay? TESA --> Clutter for both Mesh and Texture. :wub:

I'd prefer if I'd upload stuff however I want and then you sort it once you get final textures, more versions etc. Textures in my files are just placeholders.

So you think that one icon for all pictures would do? I think that it would be better if each picture would have it's icon. But maybe you can do a single one that would be great for all of them.

I'd prefer if I'd upload stuff however I want and then you sort it once you get final textures, more versions etc. Textures in my files are just placeholders.

I'd prefer to make some models too. I'd love it if you could download this revision of your Frame folders, and then your structure's the same. OK? :wub:

EDIT - and new things you can export to these folders...

I'd prefer to make some models too. I'd love it if you could download this revision of your Frame folders, and then your structure's the same. OK? :D

EDIT - and new things you can export to these folders...

Spamming to say - there's an issue with the subfolders in textures, isn't there. :wub:

Try this one, sorry!

Those frames look spiffy, Willie! :D

Oh and in case Washington's question about images in posts was not answered (I read the thread, but I am still waking up, so...). instead of using the standard "Post" window, opt to use the "Full editor". That's where all the bells and whistles are hiding. :)

Even going to Full Editor, the attach button wasn't there for me - grondy had to go back an' fix meh post. :D

Those icons look great! Maybe we can pull some more screenies from the TESA Galleries to make more (with permissions, of course)! Since tabletop paintings are generally more personal, there is no point in using any of the vanilla images. I do insist, however, that there be at least one of Sheogorath. XD I'll get a texture up for that, and toss in a few more. I suppose since these are reasonably small, 256x256 is probably fine?

IS's icon is perfect. We should include some generic ones so modders can choose to make their own or not if they use their own painting - for new modders, they may be relieved/grateful to not have to venture outside the CS. IS, you wanna? :)