DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

The Clutterers Guild

grond

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaand I`m trying to get down to business on the donlute. Kinda not happy with a few things and am working with my archived base. Basically,everything`s made except those confounded strings.Maybe the tuningkey posts too.Since most of the parts are saved as their own .nif,I can import them to my new constructs and don`t have to remake them each time.

I`m also not totally sold on the wood textures I`ve been able to make. Ah,well,that`s where it`s at up to now. I`ve saved a bare mesh for the collision object too so that`s covered.

Hey guys, I've been thinking. I know it would be a fairly big thing, but what if "the Clutterer's Guild" was made into an actual TESA guild wherem, as well as acquiring new clutter items like the ones being made in this thread, users could submit their mods for the interiors to be cluttered with vanilla and new items, as a lot of people find cluttering to be difficult and/or boring, particularly when working on large mods or mods in which the interiors are not central but still required. As I said, I know this would be kind of a big thing, and I'm not really sure about whether or not it would work, I just thought I'd throw the idea out there. Also, sorry if this post is off-topic, wrong place etc.

Oh, and also a suggestion to add to the list would be dog baskets in lower, middle and upper class varieties (the poor pooches of Oblivion have to live on the floor or in wooden kennels!).

It's a great idea, Manta. Maybe Red, Greenie, Khett, et al would agree. They're the ones to speak to about this idea.

The problem as I see it would be that those who clutter are probably very busy with their own modding/cluttering projects. I suspect that even those who like to clutter need to spend an enormous amount of time doing it. Also, cluttering is what gives an ordinary place a modder's personality, or signature, so to speak. I wouldn't send my home to another modder for cluttering, despite the fact that I dread doing it. XD

But if you're interested in it, by all means get some clutterers behind the idea, then take it to Rider. :P

Hmm, I might just get round to asking around at some point, as I say, I'm not sure about if it would work, so I think it would be worth getting plenty of opinions. Of course I wouldn't expect people to ask for cluttering in a house or building mod, where the interior is such a key element, I was thinking of it more for mods which include a great number of generic, unimportant interiors, or quest mods and the like, where the odd wilderness home or what hae you might be required. Thanks for the feedback!

EDIT:

Maybe I should start an opinions/interest thread? If I do, which forum should it go in?

Edited by the-manta

Here are few new meshes I made today:

th_Clipboard01-5.jpg th_Clipboard02-5.jpg th_Clipboard03.jpg th_Clipboard01-2.jpg

Normal axe and two pieces of wood. Wood is set as clutter, while axe is in two versions - static and clutter.

I'll probably do one or two pieces of wood and then I'll leave it to texture wizards to create more variety.

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=8ffef38b92d5505ba7d7d7484a8ed52da1c8d5bc425f51da82e3a934329c7a5e

About cluttering interiors, you could make a survey on Bethesda's Oblivion mods forum, but make sure you have the 'personnel' that would clutter first. I can't say you can count on me, sometimes I like cluttering and maybe I would do interior or two if I feel like to, but for now I have discovered Blender and it's my main toy for playing with. I reckon that if I'd worked on some mod, I would use the service - but that depends on mod and other things.

Edit:

BTW, I have found vanilla textures for fancy picture frames:

textures\clutter\gold01.dds and textures\clutter\metalbrass01.dds

Edited by washington

*sniff*

*teardrop*

You guys make meh so proud.

sweet-spicy-chili-311-web.jpg

You've so earned it!

Can we get the links to all the misc uploads amalgamated into the OP, grondy? Will be easier to see what's done and grab it all. And I can set to work on textures/icons as needed. :)

I took some time to make this list. It was rather annoying. Also , as you can see I unsuccessfully tried to format it so that the links align vertically.

1. Coloured Eggs --------------------- PIC --- Download

2. Spool of thread ------------------- PIC --- Download

3. Dustpan and brush ----------------- PIC --- Download

4. Tabletop picture frame ------------ PIC --- Download

5. Fancy scroll ---------------------- PIC --- NO DOWNLOAD LINK?

6. Lute ------------------------------ PIC --- [No Download link?

7. Folded blanket -------------------- PIC --- Download

8. Magnifier glass ------------------- PIC --- Download*

9. Butter churn ---------------------- PIC --- included in *

10. Crystal balls -------------------- PIC --- included in *

12. Crystal ball 2 ------------------- PIC --- included in *

13. Knitting needle ------------------ PIC --- included in *

14. Cutting plank -------------------- PIC --- included in *

15. Tobacco pipe --------------------- PIC --- NO DOWNLOAD LINK?

16. Candlestick (non functional yet) - PIC --- Download

17. Static unfolded scroll ----------- PIC --- Download

18. Fancy picture frame -------------- PIC --- Download

19. A brain in a jar ----------------- PIC --- Download in "The Lost Spires" mod

20. Firewood ------------------------- PIC --- Not available yet

21. Tools ---------------------------- PIC --- Not available yet

And also, I have opened a thread on Bethesda's forum: LINK

Edit: changed link for the Donnato's lute image.

Edited by washington

Hrmph, UV mapping is breaking my brain. I have a decent-looking canister model, which physically is fine, but the UV map is only partially done (and probably not too well) if someone else can map it, I can post a DL here- it's going to take me forever ;)

I have also prepared credit list. Please check if I missed someone and add to the list. Grond, maybe you could add last two lists to the first post?

The Cluttering Guild Team (in order of appearance :D):

Grond

WillieSea

InsanitySorrow

Donnato

washington

Khettienna

Starx

DaMage

Galvon

the-manta

Some of this stuff has already been done by the craftybits team too :D We're an engine of useful clutter - Lutes, Saws, drawing knives, chisels, rasps, drills, sewing Needles, kitchenware(ladles, whisps, pans etc.), figurines, working scripted hourglasses and much more. And a functional tobacco pipe has already been available for quite some time. Or is this just for variety? I know what I would like to see in Oblivion - a Hoo-kah(censorship? wth!?) or three! Would go well with Deserts of Anequina.

Edited by Dominic

Some of this stuff has already been done by the craftybits team too :D We're an engine of useful clutter - Lutes, Saws, drawing knives, chisels, rasps, drills, sewing Needles, kitchenware(ladles, whisps, pans etc.), figurines, working scripted hourglasses and much more. And a functional tobacco pipe has already been available for quite some time. Or is this just for variety? I know what I would like to see in Oblivion - a Hoo-kah(censorship? wth!?) or three! Would go well with Deserts of Anequina.

Variety is always nice, just becuase someone else has made something, it does not mean you should not make it yourself, may turn out differently :cookie4u: