DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

The Clutterers Guild

grond

Wood working set continued... Just need to do some vertex colours for the horse and few more tree trunks and firewood pieces.

th_Clipboard02-8.jpg

I wonder, is there a bad side of having meshes double-sided (stencil property)?

I had used mirror on that horse and it's a pain to set all those normals to face like they should, so I left it double-sided.

Edit: New stuff :D

th_Clipboard01-7.jpg th_Clipboard03-2.jpg

Edited by washington

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*three posts in a row* feels like a spammer*

But I can't resist and since nobody else posts anything... Here's another one for 'scholar' set:

th_Clipboard02-5-1-1.jpg

Just need to find proper texture for glass. This one isn't good because it's too transparent and the mesh isn't double-sided. I could just make it to be, but there's no really point in looking through this so I think that it would be better to have different texture.

The spyglass is ready! :blink:

It uses vanilla textures. I have finally decided to use pearl texture! it isn't transparent, although I have left alpha property. All glass textures that I found were completely transparent or windows with other parts than glass therefore weren't suitable.

Download it here: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=8ffef38b92d5505ba7d7d7484a8ed52d43acf8ed6e5034b77c57aede14d89928

Edit: has icon also

SpyglassIcon.jpg

Edited by washington

Here is a model of a tablelamp that I never had time to finish when I first started playing around with Blender with ArchDesktop.

http://www.4shared.com/file/FaTFraCa/LampTest.html

materials, collision, uvmapping needs corrected or refined.

Model could be optimised better also.

No textures included. just a nif.

If it suits your project, I would be curious how it turns out.

Anyway enjoy. Cluttering or whatever.

I have tried playing with it for a few minutes:

th_Clipboard01-8.jpg

Bit of vertex paint and it would look better.

Just added textures and some UV altering. UV is not good unfortunately and there are many faces that aren't necessary. I think that it would be better to create one from scratch. Sorry.

pot.blend

blech, this is the best I can do for the kitchen canister, I've had it too long so it's become a total chore, hence the UV map is incomplete and there is definitely no texture. Sorry :cookie4u:, I'll get round to doing something else once I'm done with some other stuff, then I'll be able to see it through.

I have made something with it. It's not the best but at least it's usable. the worst part is the handle - to get it ok it would require separating it with seams which I didn't have patience right now.

I suggest that you try recreating it from scratch if you want to. And do it like this: add new mesh > circle and then select all edges and extrude it along z and scale as you like to. Keep in mind number of faces.

If you want to use more textures, and that means materials in blender, make a duplicate of the mesh, move it to layer 2 and edit it to delete all the parts that you want to be other material. On the original delete opposite and combine later.

If you extrude, it's easy to mark seams: alt + right click

Here's what I have done with your canister:

th_Clipboard0a.jpg

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?k3qgyenezlk

I have tried playing with it for a few minutes:

Bit of vertex paint and it would look better.

Just added textures and some UV altering. UV is not good unfortunately and there are many faces that aren't necessary. I think that it would be better to create one from scratch. Sorry.

Yeah, yeah I know. Maybe I'll get back around to fixing it up nice elven texture one day.... *Dreams where to find time for everything*

But you're in luck today. Here is a goblet I just made.

5 min model ArchDesktop

30 sec gradient sandstone Tex in photoshop.

Too much time in blender UVmapping & sutch. LOL As backwards as the program is compared to others I do find it to be an excellent 3D modeling program... It just takes time to learn thoroughly.

Ready to go with Nif & Tex.

Pic:

http://i861.photobucket.com/albums/ab180/metallicow/Oblivion%20Screenies/Goblet.jpg

Download:

http://www.4shared.com/file/B07udO48/Goblet_Nif__Tex.html

If you Bla Bla about the faces/verts or if you think they are too many, feel free to modify it to suit your fancy.

Fancy was the aim of the model. Modders Resource.

Metallicow

I like it, it reminds me on some special chalices in Gothic 3.

Please understand that I'm not trying to preach, but to help. I think that the handle effect could have been done nicely with texture, but it's up to you. And there's also this:

th_Clipboard01-9.jpg

I suggest creating some horizontal seams and one vertical seam, selecting only those faces and unwrapping it 'Cylinder from view' while in front or side view.

Actually, it's not angular at all! Looks quite high poly (in oblivion scale) to me, especially the handle.

But it looks very nice! Try to apply texture to it like textures\clutter\metalbrass.dds or textures\clutter\upperclass\silver01.dds which has some strips that can be applied to handle like I did for the magnifier.

I wonder how will you solve the actual mirror? Which texture will you choose? It can't be a real mirror unfortunately. If you don't find suitable texture, try some of the gem textures like pearl or diamond.

And when you finish and export it, go to nifskope and do mesh > smooth normals and mesh > remove duplicate vertices and repeat until it doesn't return 0. It will look very smooth then. And set texturing property to highlight and material EnvMap2.

I can't wait to see it finished! Good work! XD

Hey Grond! Since we already have a number of items, do you plan releasing first version or something?

I'll see about it ASAP.

Since my orbit around TESA is rather wobbly ( I'm like a rogue moon ;) ) I make a kind of rotten administrator. But I'll see if I can stop Blending long enough to upload a lil something.

• 2 weeks later...

As I told you, the handle seems to have large number of faces. For clutter items it's important to keep it reasonable because these are mostly for decoration and ambience and we should expect that in some game scene there will be number of various items.

But we'll see what you've done. Maybe there are some doubles - w > remove doubles in edit mode. And later scrubbing in Nifskope (mesh > smooth normals; mesh > remove duplicate vertices; and again until you get 0) and than optimise with Pyffi.

Wanted to create some high value clutter for my Senchal mod, so I figured I might as well add it for the clutterers guild:

Royal Urn

More to follow soonish! :yes:

EDIT: I wonder why I can't directly post a picture anymore, have I missed something? XD