DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Large Address Aware Flag - Failed

Arthmoor

Pretty much what it says there.

AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.2Ghz

8GB Corsair DDR3 RAM

Asus M4A79T Deluxe Motherboard

Sapphire Vapor-X Radeon HD 4870 2GB

Sound Blaster X-Fi

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Given all the talk of folks who use the LAA flag, also know as the 4GB patch, I figured I'd have no trouble skating through this and being able to enjoy more than 15-20 minutes of the game before it ate its memory reserves and crashed. Unfortunately, this was not meant to be. Even though I can confirm that the flag was applied, the game still CTDs once it reaches 1.85GB worth of RAM, and I verified it really is 1.85 and not some strange offshoot with a lot of hidden RAM.

I've also been able to confirm that applying the flag to other stuff DOES work, and I observed a newly flagged copy of tes4edit.exe attempt to load my entire load order along with the Mesogea ESM. It died with an out of memory error when the allocated process space hit 3.99GB, pretty much as expected.

So. I'm at a loss as to where to go from here. Anyone have any ideas?

Did you apply the patch to the oblivion executable? Do you use OBSE? I seem to recall one other person also having to apply it to the OBSE Loader.

Might want to post in the Oblivion and Memory Usage thread at beths as well.

Ooops, was going to link you to the thread.... but, I see you have already been there. :wub: The folks there are rather knowledgeable..... Hope ya get it sorted.

Did you apply the patch to the oblivion executable? Do you use OBSE? I seem to recall one other person also having to apply it to the OBSE Loader.

Might want to post in the Oblivion and Memory Usage thread at beths as well.

Ooops, was going to link you to the thread.... but, I see you have already been there. :D The folks there are rather knowledgeable..... Hope ya get it sorted.

Wow, I'm assuming you are talking about this http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=23254? I just did it and it seems to have cured my IC crashes! And I'm using OBSE.