DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Conditions in dialogue

I've got some question about conditions in dialogue. Let's say that I have two types of conditions: first one that checks the race of target, and second one that do something else. I wish to use them both in one utterance, and I'm confused about AND/OR thing. Let's say that I have something like that:

GetIsRace Race1 == 1 OR

GetIsRace Race2 == 1 OR/AND

UnimportantCondition == 1 AND

UnimportantCondition == 1 AND

I wish to make the utterance being used by NPC, if player is representative of one of those two races. And my question is, if I wish to do so, then what I need to set at the last race condition? OR? AND?

• 2 months later...
Well, the target can't be Race 1 AND Race 2, so both of the Race conditions need to be OR.

Okay, I've just learned that it's wrong, or at least looks wrong. I had something like that:

getstage SE07A >= XX OR

getstage SE07B >= XX OR

getisrace GoldenSaint == 1 AND

(Some other conditions with AND)

Effect? The NPCs from other races were also able to talk this line.

My guess is that "OR" and "AND" works not for this particular line to which they're assigned, but instead, they modify the next line. Maybe someone can check it further, please?

It's quite confusing, I must say...

Does your quest have conditions on the Quest Data tab?

If your race conditions are on lines of dialogue and set to Run on Target with the target being the player, those conditions will check if the PLAYER is one of those races. This does not limit other races from saying the line.

If you want the Golden saint race to be the only race able to speak that dialogue, then you need to add the:

Condition to the Quest Data conditions not the conditions for each line of dialogue.

It's difficult to advise you without knowing where you are adding conditions, what conditions you are actually using, etc. This is my best guess without more info. :doh:

Does your quest have conditions on the Quest Data tab?

No, doesn't have any.

If your race conditions are on lines of dialogue and set to Run on Target with the target being the player, those conditions will check if the PLAYER is one of those races. This does not limit other races from saying the line.

I'm sure that it check the talking NPC's race, rather than target.

If you want the Golden saint race to be the only race able to speak that dialogue, then you need to add the:

Condition to the Quest Data conditions not the conditions for each line of dialogue.

Interesting suggestion, I never tried that before. :lmao: But does it will not break the quest for player in any way?

This particular line was intended to be a line from HELLO topic, said only to player (one of latter AND conditions, obviously checking target), only by Golden Saint, and only if quest SE07A or SE07B is finished. All conditions were placed in this line. I've bypassed the problem by using AND condition for early stage of next quest (SE08) instead.

The OR thing looks too uncertain for me, so probably I will keep using only AND. Thank you for trying to help, anyway. :doh: