DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Dialogue Script with Delayed Results?

<I just moved this from the scripting thread as WillieSea pointed out to me this is more dialogue than script I I totally forgot there was a separate Dialogue Thread :whistle:>

Okay, so I'm trying to change three things in how paying off your bounty via thieves' guild works; the first two easy enough and I've got them done, but I want to add a delay between the time you pay your bounty and the time it is officially removed from you. It sounded like it would be easy to just add a check to gamedays passed, but I'm realizing that I don't know how to implement this via dialogue scripts, and don't know enough about quests to know how to properly link this through one. These are the two relevant scripts;

Armand Christophe's Dialogue "TGPayFines"

Player.RemoveItem Gold001 TGInfo.TGPayFines

Player.SetCrimeGold 0

and the Quest script "TGInfoScript"

ScriptName TGInfoScript

Short NocturnalFlag

Short GuildJobsFlag

Short InformationFlag

Short DoyenFlag

Short FencesFlag

Float TGPayFines

Anyway, my plan was to make add a variable to the TGInfoScript (a short called DayFinesPayed), and then expand the TGPayFines script like so;

Player.RemoveItem Gold001 TGInfo.TGPayFines

set DayFinesPayed to GetGameDay + 2

if GetGameDay <= DayFinesPayed

Player.SetCrimeGold 0

endif

Now, I don't plan to leave the modifier at "GetGameDay + 2", but I don't understand how dialogue quests work enough to go further without asking a few questions. Specifically; will this script keep running until the conditions are met, or will it just check once and see the conditions aren't met, and just move on? If this is the case, would I have to create a new begin OnGameMode quest to keep checking until the time is met?

Also, I would like to make it remove the initial dialogue choice to pay fines (called "TGPayFineGold") once you've paid the gold. I figured the easiest way to do this would be by adding another short variable functioning as a switch to TGInfoScript and setting the dialogue to disappear when it == 1... that said, I have no idea how to make a dialogue disappear based on a variable (like I see the condition box at the bottom of the dialogue window, but I don't know how to link those conditions to a a variable in a quest script).

Sorry to pester ya'll with stupid questions like this, any help would be greatly appreciated though, and thanks for your time!

CC