DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[IDEA] Official Clutterer's Guild?

the-manta

11 members have voted

1. 1. Would you make use of a Clutterer's Guild?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Would you consider joining a Clutterer's Guild

• Yes
    • No
    • Only to make new items
    • Only to clutter interiors

Whilst doing some blender work for the Unofficial Clutterer's Guild, I got to thinking about the possibility of an official version.

The aim of the guild would be, as well as continuing the work of the unofficial clutterers in making new clutter items, to allow modders who find cluttering dull/difficult to submit their mods for cluttering. Of course this would not be so much for house mods or mods where the interior is the most important thing (and thus requiring the modders personal cluttering touch), but more for mods where there are a large number of unimportant interiors to be cluttered, or where a few interiors are required for functionality but are not part of the mods main aim(for instance, a quest mod might require the odd little cottage for a quest-related character to live). The purpose of this thread is just to probe for interest or opinions on this idea. Would you use the service? Would you be interested in joining?

I would defenitely make use of a Clutterer's guild for my current project that needs quite a few interiors done. Different people will make the interiors less generic. And I would contribute by making new clutter.

I must admit, I've so far been genuinely surprised by the totally positive response, I would have thought that there would be at least SOME objections to the idea! I'm getting more and more confident that this could work, but let's not get ahead of ourselves, we'll see just how many clutterers we can round up. And by the way, Greenie, so distracted was I by your mentioning of delicious chocolaty treats that I forgot to say that I don't think that pathgrids would really be a job for the Clutterer's Guild either; it's more technical than creative design, and the aim of a clutterer's guild would certainly be the creative side. I think, on that note, that a Clutterer's Guild would actually bring about genuine improvements to the overall clutter quality in large mods- if the workload can be distributed, each part of the it gets more attention!

EDIT: Unless there is an anti-thread advertising rule that I'm unaware of, I think I will link this in my sig, to aid circulaltoin of this idea.

Edited by the-manta

I think this is a great idea..... Though maybe some help could be offered to small interiors as well if the workload isn't too big. And those who use the Guild in a release mod acknowledge its use and existance of the Guild.

Whoop! As I've said in every post I've made on this thread so far (broken record syndrome), I'm thrilled by the positive response. It looks like it would be worthhile taking this idea to Rider, once we have enough potential clutterers. To be honest, I'm not really sure what constitutes 'enough', though...

I think for the time being we will keep the Clutterers Guild unofficial and let it grow as is for awhile yet. An official guild is a lot of work for staff here, it requires a reliable individual to run it, someone who can be trusted with that power and responsibility. It also means expanding the forums again and takes time to get things built up to where the guild is stable. With the BTA Guild still stabilizing and getting going it's too soon to start another official guild on TESA, so I'm gonna table the idea for now. I'm not saying no forever, I'm just saying, let's see what happens with the guild in an unofficial sense before making it official. :poke:

I will keep an eye on the unofficial group as I have been and consider making it official in the future if it keeps going as it is. :)

Well, I wonder do you really need a separate forum for that idea?

Wouldn't a single thread (or two - three if necessary) be enough? Post the rules, members and all info in first post, go to Oblivion mods forum make an announcement thread there and let the cluttering begin.

If it grows big and starts requiring a separate forum, I'm sure that DarkRider would make one. But for now I think that it's just not necessary.

Hm, okay. I think that I need help of someone who's experienced in decorating the locations. :)

I've got an idea to add a possibility of turning Vitharn keep into player's house. But I don't feel good in decorating locations - I have pretty good imagination when we're talking about weapons, armors, creatures, but rather low when it comes to details like decorations of the locations. So I've thought about Clutterer's Guild. Is there someone who can assist me with my idea? :) If yes, then I'll send files of my WIP mod, so you'll be able to work directly on it.

I wanted to affect interior of Vitharn keep (XPVitharn03), field that's inside walls of Vitharn (SEVitharnWorldCleared worldspace), and exterior part of Vitharn (SEVitharnExterior01 in SEWorld worldspace). From general informations: First, I don't want to affect original interior and worldspace. Instead, create a copies of them and work within those copies. You still need to work with original exterior, since there are no possibility of creating a copy of it. Second, remember that this location should fit the mood of Shivering Isles and absolutely shouldn't look like the hideout of the god (even if

we can become a Sheogorath

), so keep the mood not too overpowered. And third, the locations must keep the same shape, so don't add new rooms and don't replace the existing ones. Same walls, same labyrinths, new clutter objects and furniture. And about the exterior, remember that the objects you add there must be disabled from default and possess unique reference, so you need to check "Initially Disabled" and to type a unique reference for every single item you add there, unfortunately.

Here are the details:

Interior: This place should look a bit renewed. No dust and dirt, some order and various decorations. I wish to add player's own armourer, magician and fence in the part with anvil and the old beds, so you should put there some fitting stuff and counters. Or without counters, if there's not enough place. In the part with stone benches and lectern should be player's room. About other things, do whatever you want with them. But remember about those rules listed above. ;)

Field: This part should be garden-like, with well-groomed graveyard and a pavement as a road. I think you'll get the idea better than I. ;)

Exterior: Since the whole exterior around Vitharn is partially sunken in the water, I've got an idea to put climatic wooden bridges everywhere in this place, so player would be able to get in there without getting wet. On those bridges should be some climatic lanterns, some plants and so on... you'll probably get better imagination than I. ;)

That's probably all what I need to specify about this request. I hope you can help me. :)

Edited by ZuTheSkunk
Moved this post here - the first client for the Guild!

• 3 months later...

I am fairly new here - taking CS Basic classes now. Was self-taught (bad idea) but have redone every player home In game before (with container errors) which I no longer make. Enjoy creative cluttering - would help here if wanted. Landscaper 30 years in RL, know what plants look good together. Some pics in gallery - have permission to renovate Wine Overhaul - almost ready for release.