DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

How Does This Fit Into The Lore?

RedDragonDreamer

Very cool, RedD!

But I had to see if the Investigative Museum existed, and I don't think it did. Google led me here.

I wanted it to be mysterious and real, but oh well...I don't think so. :thumbup:

I still think it is real, probly wound up being placed in area 54 after all, 'it's a threat to national security'.

I think it is real mostly because how on earth can horns be fitted onto human skulls. I doubt it beens photoshoped, finding these and also taking into account folklore of yesteryear, such as Black Annis and Yaga Baba. It's something worth pondering about none the less.

Edited by RedDragonDreamer

I like wondering about these things too. Who does the skull resemble in the game? It's been a while since I faced down any of Oblivion's creatures.

The Dremora race, the horns look identical to the hair/ horn hairstyle with the ponytail that Beth made. Place look at the bone structure, just like how Beth made them with the anglar faces.

" The bones were sent to the American Investigating Museum in Philadelphia, where like so many finds that question anthropology, they were stolen and never seen again."

I am sure this is a hoax. Hoaxes in anthropology and paleontology, just like the "piltdown man" were common in the 19th and early 20th century.

Anyway, this would be a nice addon for the game. We have orc skulls, argonian skulls, ogre skulls... a dremora skull would be nice.

It would be a nice addon. As for it being a hoax I am still unsure, as there are other facts to consider such as the folklore of Black Annis and Yaga Baba and the legends of Joe Magerac and others whose descriptions in the folklore seem to match that of atronachs and xivilai which leads to question, who built the pyramids? I just don't think that with even hundreds of slaves building them it would take decades to make and considering lifetimes the work would be going on decades after the king etc passed on... I think they had help, besides the pyramids show a level of skill in artitecture that we just don't have today. Why did the egyptians make helms that did not fit the human head comfortably? With armour if it not fitted perfectably to the persons shape in battle and use the armour would graze and make abrasions to the wearers skin which would be rather painful. Just my 2 cents...

" The bones were sent to the American Investigating Museum in Philadelphia, where like so many finds that question anthropology, they were stolen and never seen again."

I am sure this is a hoax. Hoaxes in anthropology and paleontology, just like the "piltdown man" were common in the 19th and early 20th century.

Anyway, this would be a nice addon for the game. We have orc skulls, argonian skulls, ogre skulls... a dremora skull would be nice.

The difference in this case is that people took pictures of the skull.

Adding onto that that old people can sometimes grow horns... It's quite possible that that skull is human. Or maybe something more/less human.

In any case, I've seen a image of a kid with a tail, and it's in a published book, so maybe it's not as crazy as it seems.

There were picturesof the Piltdown man skull as well, and that was a forgery. The authors attached the jawbone of an ape to a human skull with some modifications and bathed it with acid in order to corrode its surface and make it look like thousands years old. It fooled scholars for many years, until the fraud was shown (please read the article). Yes, there may be horns in old humans, but the ones in the skull were just too symetrical, looks like a fraud, just like the Piltdown man skull. Anyway, I will not discuss this anymore, as I am rather skeptic to most of the so-called "mystic misteries". I accept that there are mysteries, but we should think twice when we are shown stuff like these.