DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

The Lurker's Lair #30

The Lurker's Lair

Welcome to the Lurker's Lair! This thread was inspired by the one of the same name on Bethesda Game Studios' Forums.

The Lurker's Lair is place where you come share with us your latest experiences and your everyday life. It's a cosy place to sit back and enjoy good conversation, consolation and encouragement but spammers beware - that's not a ticket to free reign, the rules still apply here.You've got to stay on-topic, even if the topic is as simple as "How's life, pal?"

TES Alliance's Lurker's Lair plays with the same set of rules as Bethesda's, found here.

Here's a quick reminder of them :

1. No spam. Any post that is not informative or adding to the discussion is considered spam.

2. If you come into the lair to be disruptive it is trolling. No trolling.

3. All rules of the forum apply here in the Lurker’s Lair and are to be followed.

4. Ignorance of the rules is not an excuse for breaking them.

5. If you observe someone breaking the rules, please report the post and contact a Moderator. Do not attempt to police them yourselves.

And so, without further ado... Welcome to the Lurker's Lair!

In the last thread, we learned that:

• Some crazy stuff with the Olympics had happened!
  • That the Doomsday end of the world scares most people.
  • JaggedBubbles like Aqua and Lollipop!
  • Jello had been planning a drawing of a famaily of feasting Vultures, due to this he now has followers and could possibly get Tax-Exemption.
  • We still, all, have cool desktops with or without hundreds of icons.
  • We all, seem, to like the band, Within Temptation
  • The "Slap Chop" guy makes us all laugh, in one way or antoher.
  • learned about the different types of "odd" phobias
  • We are all waiting to see the new Tron movie
  • InsanitySorrow doesn't like speaking of the Official Beth forums.
  • That I am desperately looking for a female friend, and are not alone.
  • Some people want more snow, and others can't stand it anymore.
  • And that the weather is crazy, and really should get itself correct, and Old Man Winter needs to hibernate in the US.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Appologies, I just got online now, Tis a great movie but keep in mind you will need about 5 hours to watch the entire thing but its SO worth it. The story line is just supurb, the battles, both big and small are excellent.

I got it on blu-ray (well worth it if you have it) comes with 2 discs, parts 1 and 2 of the movie. The story is about a Prime Minister for the Han Emperor leading a war effort to crush all warlords and submit the land to one rule. It follows the story of the 3 groups involved and frankly the characters are some of the best I have seen. Well developed and funny!

Its worth it, you really cant watch this movie and not like it, unless your against sub titles, as they only have the chinese audio. For me thats great because I prefer that, and the emotions fit the sounds, where as I find many voice actors fail to get the emotions right.

In Canada you can get it at places like Futureshop (Best Buy in US), but I could not tell you where you might find it in the UK.

Thanks for the link, Bubbles :) I'm guessing that, due to the subject matter, it's probably pretty violent, and understandably so. XD I don't do well with that kind of stuff, but I'll still watch- with my glasses off.

:) i love that kind of stuff in games, like fallout and such, but can only take it to a point. =\

Same, Glaedr! I played Fallout 3, and I enjoyed it immensely, flying gibs and all! :) But in movies, where there's more drama and stronger narration, I have a harder time with violence. Always been like this, but what can you do?

Glad I'm not the only one!

I hate gory movies. I know it isn't real, and, having been in a room with a live dissection of a human corpse, I know it isn't realistic either, but I still shut my eyes and/or look away. Oh, and cover my ears since the sound is just as bad.

I totally hated Hostel and the Saw movies.

I totally agree with you JB I can not even stand to hear those types of movies playing in the other room. That kind of suffering even if its fake.... I just can't handle it. I am a believer of "to each their own" but I just don't understand how watching that type of human suffering can be entertaining. On the other hand though with movies like Braveheart where there defiantly is a gore aspect to some of the scenes its more realistic and has a purpose of telling a story, a jaded history remake, played out in theatrics with some fluff story wise but none the less.... It's gore parts make sense and in that.. I can watch.

(even though I cant bear to watch the end) hehe

I tend to find overly gory movies actually making me loose interest in the movie.

With Red Cliff, I honestly dont think you will have to worry about gore, its got battles, but nothing you likely havnt seen in an avg war movie, they dont go over the top, you feel that yes, thats about right, how it should look. Also, they go to just the right lengths to avoid the parts that might make ppl queezy. IE decapitations, there are a few, all happen off screen or with the body angled in a way that you dont see anything so no worries about gore. By no means to I mean to imply this is a movie for kids, but I dont know many that let young kids watch much more then PG-13.

Same, Glaedr! I played Fallout 3, and I enjoyed it immensely, flying gibs and all! :cookie4u: But in movies, where there's more drama and stronger narration, I have a harder time with violence. Always been like this, but what can you do?

Glad I'm not the only one!

yea, i could de-head a raider with a teddybear all day and not think twice in a game, but in movies its quite different.

Even the old fallout games had over the top kills, of course with more limits graphically then now.

However in a way, the way FO handles it was funny to a point, seeing things do something that it should not be able to, etc.

Id love to see some of that (with more limits) in TES, but only a bit.

Movies... I dunno, when movies do that it seems campy or just horrible, they tend to go too far with gore and focus on it more then they should.

For all you older people who like the old games, there are many that are now abandoned by their creators, or made freeware. All are playable on the DOSbox emulator.

You can find a lot of them here, with review and pictures of the game.

http://www.abandonia.com/en/game/all

You can find DOSbox here:

http://www.dosbox.com/download.php?main=1

On another note, TES Arena and TES Daggerfall run on DOSbox, and are both free from Bethesda.

http://www.elderscrolls.com/downloads/downloads_games.htm

3 things to say;

1. I FINALLY GOT MY INTERNET BACK! XD

2. You can't spell "slaughter" without "laughter."

3. I got a new pet! Surprise! :)

This time, I got a pet "Chilean Rose Tarantula." This creature was a free pet I got at the same pet-shop which I got Khalil the gecko from. The interesting thing was; new pets weren't on my mind at all! I was actually visiting that pet-shop for the sake of inquiring about why Khalil was going inactive (but still eating). Fortunately, while in the pet-shop, we got an answer in regards to what I should do in order to raise Khalil's activity level, so there's no issues there.

It'll be interesting to read & learn about this little tarantula, especially in regards to the fact that it's my first invertebrate pet which I intend to seriously invest in.

Edited by Jheuloh