DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

The Lurker's Lair #30

This is spinning off a convo on crop circles in the shoutbox. I agree with IS, I think crop circles are made by farmers with too much time on their hands. Here is an example of just what farmers can do with their free time.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This time, I got a pet "Chilean Rose Tarantula." This creature was a free pet I got at the same pet-shop which I got Khalil the gecko from. The interesting thing was; new pets weren't on my mind at all! I was actually visiting that pet-shop for the sake of inquiring about why Khalil was going inactive (but still eating). Fortunately, while in the pet-shop, we got an answer in regards to what I should do in order to raise Khalil's activity level, so there's no issues there.

It'll be interesting to read & learn about this little tarantula, especially in regards to the fact that it's my first invertebrate pet which I intend to seriously invest in.

You want to be on the lookout for signs of infection and parasites with that particular genus. My first college had an entire lab dedicated to identifying and treating tarantula infections (particularly Chilean Roses with hemolymph). Apparently there is a lot we don't know about some of the problems.

O.O K... I just learned something about JB that I did not know and oddly enough seems really surprising :)

@Jheuloh, guess you wont have to worry about WhoGuru visiting ;)

On the farmers... why does everyone seem surprised? :) Do you think farmers just wake up, feed the live stock, do the work and go to bed? They have fun too :)

Ive actually seen that vid, but on the crop circles, I think some of them ARE farmers, but I think others are made by groups of city folk that either want to stir up the UFO nuts OR are made by the nuts in some twisted attempt to validate their beliefs to others.

I'm not saying I believe there are no aliens, I just think they have better things to do then flatten our crops with boards and such. :)

Gore on TV I cant stand, but in real life im fine. In the town centre where I live someones arm got chopped off in a freak accident right next to me and seeing his arm and blood didnt make me feel sick at all.... it's kinda creepy

JB; One of the negative aspects of caring for an animal which is primarily WC (wild-caught, for those who don't know). This baby might actually be CB (captive-bred) however. Still, I'll keep a special eye out for parasites and/or bacterial/fungal infections.

Galvon; :lmao: How did that freak accident happen?

Si-Shen; Indeed, my cookie jar will be safe for as long as I have my beloved tarantula with me. :)

You want to be on the lookout for signs of infection and parasites with that particular genus. My first college had an entire lab dedicated to identifying and treating tarantula infections (particularly Chilean Roses with hemolymph). Apparently there is a lot we don't know about some of the problems.

same thing with reptiles. not a lot is known about their different diseases, or how best to treat them. there needs to be more vets around that specialize or are at least familiar w/ them. >.=.<

Hey guys, I got a nasty fever recently.

It's called...

REPTILE FEVER! :question: I've been looking at some beautiful reptiles, I'm sure this is oh so surprising. :wave: (Mostly been looking at geckos, with some other lizards thrown in the mix.)

Edited by Jheuloh

JB; One of the negative aspects of caring for an animal which is primarily WC (wild-caught, for those who don't know). This baby might actually be CB (captive-bred) however. Still, I'll keep a special eye out for parasites and/or bacterial/fungal infections.

Galvon; :question: How did that freak accident happen?

Si-Shen; Indeed, my cookie jar will be safe for as long as I have my beloved tarantula with me. :wave:

Well J there was a fight in a second story room just above where me and this man where walking and somebody smashed the window and a big blade of glass fell into the street and caught the guys arm. It was quite gross to say the least

I've got leather possessions (Shoes), but no scaled possessions. Unless you count a fuzzy, bean-filled chameleon and/or a ceramic green-iguana "scaled." :wave:

Then again, I've got a small collection of dragons. So I do have an inanimate object that possesses scales of some sort. :question: (Plastic scales, that is.)

Edited by Jheuloh

LOL JB, that comes accross as both cute and funny :P

When I worked at Wendy's, we used to get spiders rather badly at the rear door, it was also RIGHT beside the managers office. One of the supers. was afraid of spiders and I was the one they sent to kill them all the time because they were to afraid to go to the office with that many around :D. Well this one time, I killed them all and the supervisor nearly bolted away from me and ran into someone else AND slammed them into a wall, shutting off some fans in the kitchen. Needless to say I was confused as I will get out, turns out that it was because ONE spider was not dead, it was on my hat :evil:

Of course she got a bit upset a couple times at me, I walked up behind her, lightly touched her opposite shoulder from me and said "Spider!" :whip:

OR how about when she was bring up supplies and I said "Oh getting over your fear of spiders I see." Pointing as an arbitrary spot on the cart and she jumped away. LOL