DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

The Lurker's Lair #30

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh insects and reptiles.. I love 'em!

Spiders, bees, tarantulas, lizards, snakes. When I was a kid, I was always in the garden playing with insects. (Well, for me it was "playing". For them, it was chaos and anarchy each time I lifted the rocks under which they hid)

I used insects for many personal experiments. Such as putting ants found in the same spot of dirt in a small aquarium, then taking ants from another spot of dirt. I thought they'd be friend... Nope. It turns out they didn't like each other and a small battle took place. :)

Around 3 years ago, I went to Berlin and visited the Zoo there. It's one of the most renown zoos in the world. Well I had more fun in the reptiles/insects section than in the mammals. Looking at jaguars sleeping is not as fascinating as observing a colony of ants. :)

Insects in general: I don't really have a problem with. Except for bees..... and fruit flies.

Bees: If it flies, and stings, it is NOT my friend. I tend to resort to chemical warfare, and reduce their homes to toxic waste dumps. At one time, I had a nest of some flavor of ground bee, by a bush I yanked out. (yes, that was exciting.... in more ways than one.) These guys were HUGE. At least 4 inches long, with a larger wingspan...... No WAY was I going to co-exist with them..... So, their home got a nice gasoline bath. (only a few ounces, it REALLY does not take much) Let that soak in, and..... no more bees. :blink: After a couple days, I removed the contaminated soil. (along with a scary number of bee corpses........)

Spiders: Spiders are my friend. They eat mosquitoes. Another flying/stinging thing, that I absolutely despise.

Reptiles: I live in michigan, so, we don't have a whole lot of these fellers about. Michigan winters are not conducive to the longevity of cold-blooded critters. I don't have an issue with them. (but, Rattlesnake tastes REALLY good.)

Spiders: Spiders are my friend. They eat mosquitoes. Another flying/stinging thing, that I absolutely despise.

Spiders are my friends too.. Especially because they eat mosquitoes. Mosquitoes are vile insects. There isn't a viable argument to their right to life that I will ever hold a banner to! LOL!

There is one insect that I will forever run from though. The almighty centipede. The ones with 5 hundred legs that grow to be like 2 inches long. Why... why on our green earth does a creature need so many legs.

I squish, smash, burn and nuke ALL Spiders, I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE spiders. They are evil, demon, demonic eight legged freaks from Hell, and thats where they belong.

I've been bite by 2 too many spiders, sleeping in my bed. both brown recluses. no bad side effects from the bite, I noticed them the day of the bite and got to the hospital and got the bites treated.

When I was 10 I was inches from being bitten by a Black Widow, it was inches away from my finger.

Snakes are okay, I'm not fond of the poisonous ones, but they are okay. I see Rat Snakes all the time.... I'll have to see if I can find the Rat Snake I had to kill. (My grandparents made me. I didn't want to, but they don't like snakes so, yeah) It was huge, over 4 feet long and was wider than a golf ball in size.

Bees: If it flies, and stings, it is NOT my friend. I tend to resort to chemical warfare, and reduce their homes to toxic waste dumps. At one time, I had a nest of some flavor of ground bee, by a bush I yanked out. (yes, that was exciting.... in more ways than one.) These guys were HUGE. At least 4 inches long, with a larger wingspan...... No WAY was I going to co-exist with them..... So, their home got a nice gasoline bath. (only a few ounces, it REALLY does not take much) Let that soak in, and..... no more bees. :blink: After a couple days, I removed the contaminated soil. (along with a scary number of bee corpses........)

Bees are cute though! I like them, sometimes I let them wander on my arm. The only times I'll shoo them away is when I'm eating on my deck and they come buzzing around my food. And, if they do make a nest too close to my house, or inside some corner hole, I shut down their business. Sadly. One summer, there was a wasp hive being constructed under the swimming pool's border. Thankfully it was just starting. My dad was cleaning this area and got a nice surprise when he felt the hive in his hands.

Spiders, I let some live inside my house. As long as they don't take too much space, I'm fine with it. When you have a spider, there are many other insects that you don't have. They're very useful! If they become a bother, I'll gently put them in my hand and put them outside.

I squish, smash, burn and nuke ALL Spiders, I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE spiders. They are evil, demon, demonic eight legged freaks from Hell, and thats where they belong.

I've been bite by 2 too many spiders, sleeping in my bed. both brown recluses. no bad side effects from the bite, I noticed them the day of the bite and got to the hospital and got the bites treated.

When I was 10 I was inches from being bitten by a Black Widow, it was inches away from my finger.

Ouch, those seem like bad spiders. I only have the traditionnal household spiders you find in most houses in North America. They rarely bite, and if they do, you don't feel anything. And they're cowards. I understand them though, when you are being chased by a giant pink finger, you have to run for your life! :lol:

I understand them though, when you are being chased by a giant pink finger, you have to run for your life! :D

:rofl:

I nearly died laughing at that. Tried to read it to my cousin, and couldn't she had to read it and she :shrug: too XD Thats good, I love it.

I've only been "attacked" by these little spiders that pretty much infested my old apartment and followed me to my newer one. I don't know the species or even how to describe them as they don't have distinctive markings, but they are vicious little buggers. I remember trying to scoot one out the door with a text book, and it would rear up on its back legs and attack and bite the book. They're about the size of a nickel.

Now I take a vaccuum to them, or I grab my can of Raid.

I have decided to add these small black beetle bugs to my list of unwanted insects. They are terrorizing my rose bushes!!!

Aphids? Get a spray bottle with water and put some liquid dishwashing soap in it and spray them. It will kill most insects. It will even kill yellow jackets (which I really hate).

I'm siding with Clifford the Big Red Worm here. :D

I'll for the most part exist with the whole animal kingdom in my room. :rofl:

Actually, I'm already not far off from that with Khalil, the Chilean Rose Tarantula, and all the other creatures that I'm sure exist somewhere within 4 feet of me. :shrug:

Edited by Jheuloh

Aphids? Get a spray bottle with water and put some liquid dishwashing soap in it and spray them. It will kill most insects. It will even kill yellow jackets (which I really hate).

Wont that harm my rose bushes? Or discolor the roses? I remember I got some bug stuff to put on them last year and it didn't get rid of the bugs, but it did make my flowers have spots on them :shrug: