DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Greetings and Thank you

CrisG9

Hello all

I am new here... been playing my beloved install of Oblivion for a number of years now, and have come to learn if i can about the CS. I have not done any modding for OB, and my own goals are modest, to try to enhance some of the wonderful work others have given us, and to learn and share a bit.

I really appreciate a chance to do that in a safe place, i have bene scared of the CS for years, back in MOrriwind too, where i was for three years before OB. and before that Red guard, and before that.... : welll for a long time.

OK, i will go look for the tutorials now, or soon. this is a big step for me, but i hope i can use what is shared here well..and maybe even give back a bit after so many have given us all so much.

My first projects will be to inhabit the wonderful Monastary of Eru with NPCs on a schedule and ditto the lovely player home i have enjoyed from Mr Silka, Griffon Fortress. But now, baby steps. Find the tutorials :)

and thank you to all, many thanks

:)

This is me and my cat Max in Oblivion.

meandmax.jpg

Edited by CrisG9

thank you Darkrider, i found it and installed the CS and am checking on patches.

I only plan to mod work on Oblvion itself, not SI or Knights of the Nine. So i wil lnstall the first version.

It will be wonderful to have some guidance, that was part of why i was so afraid. I am grateful the CS exists but for me it has been an arcane and forbidden land....and i am creeping in .... well, walking, but as i said, baby steps.

thanks for the welcome, and the guidance. I welcome both very much.

Edited by CrisG9

We're happy to help. Even if you only want to mod Oblivion, you'll want to patch your game to version 1.2 and use CS v1.2 as well. The reason is that anything you release that was made in v1.0 of the CS won't show up in game for downloaders as most people use the patched version of the game. :)

OK, patching up and replacing 1.0 with 1.2 as suggested. I am very good at following directions. thanks so much ....

on with the baby steps :)

one, two, one.....two and a half :)

/me peeks into the CS and runs away a short distance :)

Under File, there is an new option to Combine Loaded Plugins. When this is selected, the user is asked for a filename. Once a valid file is selected, all loaded data that came from a plugin is resaved as a part of the new file. In order to do this, any new objects are given new IDs on entry into the new file. This means that if you have plugin A.esp and B.esp and C.esp loaded and save your game, and then merge those plugins into ABC.esp, you may have problems trying to load your save with ABC.esp.

um.... do i need to know about this?

I feel like this... ;)

lookslikemoria.jpg

Edited by CrisG9

WhoGuru...you made that lovely Christmas in Bruma mod? if so..i LOVE that one, my companion and I spent hours in there looking at all the lights, ..which she wanted to bring back to the castle but i had no clue how to do that, so i had to use photoshop to paste those into that pic up above..which she is sulking about to this day. :pints: Viconia is like that.....sometimes.

thanks for the encouragement.

/me sneaks up on the CS from behind.

Aww thanks Cris! I'm glad you loved it! :pints: You know, InsanitySorrow and I also made a Xmas in Bruma mod and the player home in Bruma got a Xmassy lights make over! XD

http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=215

Try that out! We had a blast putting that one together!

Edit: Wait, I think we're talking about the same mod. :rofl: Or were you talking about Saturalia Cabin?

http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=232

that was the one..the christmassy, we walked all over Bruma looking at ALL the lights...... they were so beuatiful, ..... we really wanted them for the castle.... but the present part would not work on my old computer so that will have to wait for NEXT christmas..... so lovely.

christmastreeinbruma.jpg

but i just snagged Snowline Lodge! wooo hoo, that looks fantastic. I know she will love that too. I am part Nord...on my mothers side ...

jaggedbubbles thank you.... my first release ...

/me gets scared again :pints:

well maybe with you all helping me... ....

theboyshelpinglookformy.jpg

Edited by CrisG9

:rofl: That's the spirit Cris and around here that screen is very fitting! LOL

I hope you'll be able to enjoy the whole of the Xmas mod next time around! :pints: I have a serious love of Xmas lights. XD Which is why I went to town placing them in Bruma. :) Couldn't help myself.

I keep my christmas lights up over the mantle All year round..and my cat Max loves em. I am a helpless lover of coloured lights.... and the idea of being able to make lights in special places is another reason i have looked longingly at the CS....

another of my favorite lights in the world of OB:

guidinglight.jpg

i love what we can do with light...maybe even me too ....

Oh lighting is, to me, one of the most important things in any mod. :rofl: I fuss for hours over the lights in all my homes to get them just right. I spent an entire day adjusting the light in the Hedge Maze I made for the Oubliette mod here. :pints: I admit that I sometimes wander through that maze and pat myself on the back for the lighting. LOL You'll find yourself doing the same one of these days!

Edit: Oh I hope you love Snowline! It's my winterwonderland home. LOL

well i am starting over ....new install and whole new world of OB for me with a 8800 GT card and 3 GB RAM, and 600 GB HDdualcore...happy as can be but i have to collect my world again... and my companion is back in the prison in Bruma waiting...waiting...... but i love mountains, and lodges, and wintery things when there is warmth and cozyness and a fire..i see a fire by the lodge :pints: I love to go camping with my horse all over OB and we always have a fire:

maxandmecamping.jpg

i work with light in my work and just love it...always have... it is the magic really. this is going to be a lot of fun, i am so glad you invited me over here. like christmas :rofl:

Hi...and thank you for the welcome in..... and thank you btw for that lovely christmastime mod, I/we love it.

I am a babe in arms here, just fledged....on a new path...

obnewpath1.jpg

and very appreciative for the fellowship and hope of learning :pints: