DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Smashing to items together

DsoS

Need a little info please. Should be simple for you Masters of Modders.

What I have is 11 KillBox01 and 60 FXCloudThick01

My problem, there are to many that it will cause lag on slower machines.

my second problem:

FXCloudThick01 = Static

KillBox = Activator

What I need:

To merge the KillBox and FXCloudThick01 together. So that the Clouds or "Deadly Fog" will kill just like the KillBox does.

I hope this makes since.

anyone have a idea how to do this?

If i can do this, I can get rid of a good 10-20 items in this area.

IIRC The killbox does not impact FPS so if those are the items you're hoping to cut back I wouldn't worry about it. 60 clouds in one area will though, I'm sure my rig couldn't handle more than 20 in one area and my rig is probably midgrade. :D

[EDIT] To make killer clouds, you would just need to create a new activator using the cloud nif and add the killbox script. I'm not sure if the cloud nif will detect the player passing through it or not though.

IIRC The killbox does not impact FPS so if those are the items you're hoping to cut back I wouldn't worry about it. 60 clouds in one area will though, I'm sure my rig couldn't handle more than 20 in one area and my rig is probably midgrade. :D

[EDIT] To make killer clouds, you would just need to create a new activator using the cloud nif and add the killbox script. I'm not sure if the cloud nif will detect the player passing through it or not though.

as many as I have in the area, I haven't gotten hit with a loss, yet, well maybe 1 or 2, but that was due to the amount of lights and welkynd stones I was using.

anyway, i will try what you suggested and see what I come up with.

Thank you very much DR :rofl:

EDIT:

if it doesn't kill, I'm sure I can figure out what makes it tick in Nifskope and play around with it.

Edited by DsoS

as you said the cloud didnt detect me walking through it so it didnt kill me.

I played around with the 2 nifs and couldnt get them to work together in NS and in game it wouldnt do anything after merging the 2 together.

Think anyone could make the FxCloudThick01 act like a KIllBox01 with clouds still bein produced please?

What you could try if you want to avoid putting too many fog nifs because, yep, it impacts FPS and if you have lights around it'll make the HDR or Bloom go crazy. So if the killer cloud is inside a particular area, instead of putting many smaller ones, simply resize them. You'll most likely need less clouds that way. To make them killer clouds, you can use one of the kill boxes, and resize it as well and place it inside the cloud.

Can your character travel above the cloud? If not, putting a killbox in a vertical position, covering the entrance to the area will do the trick.

What you could try if you want to avoid putting too many fog nifs because, yep, it impacts FPS and if you have lights around it'll make the HDR or Bloom go crazy. So if the killer cloud is inside a particular area, instead of putting many smaller ones, simply resize them. You'll most likely need less clouds that way. To make them killer clouds, you can use one of the kill boxes, and resize it as well and place it inside the cloud.

Can your character travel above the cloud? If not, putting a killbox in a vertical position, covering the entrance to the area will do the trick.

Already resized, and it doesn't look like I want it too. No if the player touches the Fog they die, but its easy to avoid.... for the most part XD

I don't want to give too much info about it, or it will spoil the mod ;)

Even resizing only cuts out about 1/3 of them, due to the way the area is designed, and I don't feel like redesigning it since its already cluttered, pathed and enemies in place.

As for lights, there are quite a few, but they shouldn't impact the performance that much. Can't give much info about the lights, it could spoil the area XD

Hehe so it must be a very, very large room!

Don't forget that you can resize objects up to 10 times their size (And even more I think)

And do not mind about getting your fog to expand outside the walls. If you expand them to the maximum size, I'm sure you'd need at least two or three. You see, if the fog is expanded too much, it's thinner. But duplicating one or two, and slightly altering their position bring more thickness. And less FSP impact. XD

I have a few enlarged to 3.0 or something like that...

1 resized = 3 normal sized.

I even tried duplicating them to have it more thick, but its still too thin for the effect I want.

the effect to make it look like Ancient Gas has been trapped around Pit bridges.

The area is 90% Pit bridges and only a few rooms.

I'll figure something out.

In NifSkope I tried copying the KillBox01 data into the ThickCloud01 and I get a error "Link point invalid" or something like that. When I view it in game, the clouds are gone and nothing happens.