DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Help with Grammar Class

WhoGuru

It's once again me, this time with sentences added to original book text. My fragments are highlighted.

Further research has shown that the Gnarl is able to contract you with some diseases, so it is recommended to avoid closed combat when fighting with those mysterious creatures.

The Hunger is not to be trifled with; it boasts superior speed and lightning reflexes along with its primary ability of paralyzing his enemy, if engaged into closed combat, and then starting to absorb all possible energies from its victim while it's not even able to move.

Don't mistake its speed for its weakness, as the Scalon has an incredible leaping attack that allows it to strike at its victims from a surprising distance. Furthermore, it is able to paralyze its victim if engaged into closed combat, what can turn fighting with those dreadful creatures into constantly falling on the ground, while it is mercilessly attacking its prey with its claws.

• 2 weeks later...

I have some new things, with those above still being actual.

Message boxes:

Uninstall option will turn back all stock objects moved or disabled by this mod to their original state, preventing odd errors from occuring after deactivation of the mod. There are no return after uninstalling. Make sure to take all your objects from Vitharn, Brellach and Pinnacle Rock before continuing. Are you sure you wish to continue?

Are you sure you want to use the Font of Madness? After doing so, there may be no return.

With the usage of Font of Madness, you are able to recharge your Staff, create an illusion of bed to get some sleep, enchant some item or create a new spell. What do you want to do?

Messages that shows up when player tries to use teleport spell in the wrong moment.

You should take care of Vitharn's curse first.

You should take care of Mankar Camoran first.

You must get the Great Sigil Stone first!

You should finish your work with Dagon's Shrine first.

You should finish your work with Kurdan's game first.

You must leave the Painted World by other means.

You should get rid of the goblins first.

You should bring back the Bloated Float to the Imperial City's docks first.

You should close the Oblivion gate first.

You should get rid of Mazoga's business first.

You should finish this contract first.

You should finish your work here first.

You should finish your work in Peryite's realm first.

You should finish the Tournament of the Ten Bloods first.

You should retrieve the Colossal Black Soul Gem first.

You should finish your infiltration of the Blackwood Company first.

You must flee from Castle Skingrad by normal means.

Get the Elder Scroll first!

You should get the Sigil Stone, or leave the wastes of Oblivion first.

Another message:

The button doesn't move.

Quest updates:

The deed is done. Jyggalag has been defeated and therefore freed from his immemorial curse. The Greymarch is ended and the forces of Order have retreated. And last but not least, I am now the rightful owner and ruler of the Shivering Isles. Haskill will likely know how I should proceed.

Haskill has told me everything what I needed. Now I am officially the Lady Sheogorath, the Princess of Madness.

Further research has shown that the Gnarl is able to contract you with some diseases, so it is recommended to avoid closed combat when fighting with those mysterious creatures.

How I would say it: Further research has shown that the Gnarl is a carrier of many infectious diseases, so it is recommended that you avoid close combat when fighting these mysterious creatures.

Message boxes

Uninstall option will turn back all stock objects moved or disabled by this mod to their original state, preventing odd errors from occuring after deactivation of the mod. There are no return after uninstalling. Make sure to take all your objects from Vitharn, Brellach and Pinnacle Rock before continuing. Are you sure you wish to continue?

How I would say it: The uninstall option will return all stock (note: you could also say Vanilla, as it is a familiar and clearly understood term to most mod users) objects moved or disabled by this mod to their original state, preventing errors from occurring after deactivation of this mod. Items you have placed or stored in locations altered by this mod will be lost upon uninstalling, so be sure to claim anything you want to keep before proceeding. Do you wish to proceed?

(However, I think it is smart to list the locations this mod affects by name, so my version of this message doesn't fully satisfy me.)

Are you sure you want to use the Font of Madness? After doing so, there may be no return.

How I would say it: Are you sure you wish to use the Font of Madness? This action is irrevocable once chosen. OR After doing so, there is no return.

With the usage of Font of Madness, you are able to recharge your Staff, create an illusion of bed to get some sleep, enchant some item or create a new spell. What do you want to do?

How I would say it: With the power of the Font of Madness, you many recharge your staff, create an illusory bed that you can actually rest in, enchant an item, or create a spell. What do you wish to do?

Oh, thank you very much green, I've missed your post. :cookie4u: Just to be sure, you've replied only to those texts which required fixing, yes? Others are fine?

(note: you could also say Vanilla, as it is a familiar and clearly understood term to most mod users)

Yes, you're right, I have a tendency to forgot about this word. :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

Just a little question that bothers me. How it should be written: paralyze or paralyse?

It depends on whether or not you're using U.S. spellings. Outside of the U.S. it would normally be spelt "paralyse", but for commonality with in-game spellings in Oblivion or FO3 for example, "paralyze" would probably be preferred.

Edit: just for clarification, by "outside of the U.S." I mean other native English speakers, which largely boils down to the Commonwealth; for non-native speakers it's a bit random: the EU officially prefers UK spellings though in practice it often depends on whatever dictionary any given user has installed and activated on their computer at the time; areas where the U.S. has had more influence such as South America and the Far East seem to prefer U.S. spellings, though I suspect that the same randomness prevails.

Regarding English spellings used in games, few of them are localised for other English regions in spite of the size of the market, so again it's a bit random which version you get: obviously U.S. and UK publishers will use their respective spellings, but if you look at the likes of the Gothic series and Divine Divinity which were translated into English, they use different versions depending on the publisher's preference. A few give-aways as to which is in use are words like paralyse/paralyze and armour/armor.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a few new texts that are unsure for me (from FAQ):

Earil from Earil’s Mysteries offers some crystals that allows to summon permanent Atronachs; why they have such EXTREME price? Permanent Flame/Frost Atronach don’t seem to be worthy of that...

It may look so, but they’re different than those usual, not very strong ones found in the dungeons and similar places. They possess all spells related to their element (including Master spells), their strike deals nice damage, they’re almost unstoppable (due to high Health and being marked as essentials), and for most of the time, all sorts of enemies concentrate on them rather than you, allowing you to stand aside and watch calmly as they eliminate your foes. Get both Frost and Flame Atronach, and the game will turn out rather easy.

----------------

(...)

- If you have tons of gold, you should consider going to Earil’s Mysteries and buying Crystals of Frost and Flame. With them, you’ll have additional allies, who can at least distract Knights/Jyggalag during the battle. Ushnar’s Old Dog, a reward from quest “Ushnar’s Terrorâ€, can be helpful here as well.