DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Oblivion Graphics Extender Support

jaggedbubbles

Basically, I decided to give OBGE a shot since I'm all about making Oblivion pretty. I activated the support file which should have put an item in my inventory to allow me to play with the shaders. It didn't, so I thought, 'Hey, maybe I need to add them to this shaderlist.txt they keep going on about.'

I went to my shaders folder and lo and behold, I have no such text file.

I'm assuming I went wrong somewhere with the installation and/or downloading the files. I have the most recent, stable version of OBSE (0018).

What I downloaded and installed:

OBGEv2 Version 3

OBGEv2 Version 3 Support Plug-in

Shader Pack for Version 3

Color Effect

Depth of Field

God Rays

I just need some tips for troubleshooting.

On another note, I think I'm the most problematic user in TESA! :jellytime:

I played around with OBGE a little while ago and had a few problems also.If the item is`nt showing up in your inventory it could be an installation/download error like you said.

Did you download and install the DirectX files linked in the forum thread ?

Have you got the latest OBSE installed ?

You have to create the Shaderlist file yourself :pints:

That explains a lot. But from what I've read, the item should still be showing up in my inventory regardless of the existence of shaderlist.txt. That is not happening.

DirextX update didn't help. I suppose this will be one of those backburner mods I'll just have inactive on my list until I can figure it out. :ninja:

• 2 months later...

Along with shaders and dll's there is an esp that goes along with it did you turn it on? Looks like you did after re-reading your post...

The OBGE Dll's go in C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Data\obse\plugins

Shaders go in C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Data\Shaders

OBGEv2_Support_Plugin_v03-30054.zip the version I use and it already has cobl in it.

Double check to see these are in the right folders, if it still doesn't work I try using Screen Effects along with it.

Screen Effects

http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=16323

Edited by Antipathy