DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

My First Draft

JulianSull

First thing that jumps out for me is your conversation structure is a bit off. You're starting all your convos with PC lines such as:

[Player Sits Next to Raine]

PC: Hello.

[surprised Look]

Raine: …Hi.

PC: You’re going to help them fight?

Raine: I already *snipped*

The game, doesn't work like that. When you start a convo it begins with the NPCs GREETING, so your convo (to use the same example) should probably look more like this:

[Player Activates Raine]

Raine: What do you want? (surprise 50)

PC: You’re going to help them fight?

Raine: I already *snipped*

This is just the way the mechanics of questbuilding work. The player initiates conversation silently, player greetings are implied in activation of the actor but are not spoken lines. It also works better to have the player speak as little as possible because every time the player speaks you have to make new topics to continue the convo and it adds.

Also, you can't script a quest the way you script say, a movie. You can't predict that the player will sit before activating Raine to begin convo odds are they will click her as soon as they get close so that sort of stage direction is unecessary when writing dialogue for a quest. You can try to force the player to sit using scripts or conditions, but to do that on every convo would likely get really frustrating for you and the player. It's better to not stress over those fluffy details. :dizzy:

Good so far, but I'm only a few pages in, I'll post back later. :fun:

[EDIT] About halfway through is as far as I'll get tonight. Are you just looking for general comments? Or do you want notes on specific aspects?

The biggest parts are when The Player and Raine are at her house, the assassin at Raine's house and at the very end when Beatrix is talking to the player specifically, but I want general comments as well.

Also keep in mind for some of these parts I wasn't planning on the conversation being one on one, which is why multiple people are speaking at once, including the player.

EDIT: Thanks for reading through it =D. Also it'd be nice to hear what you think about Raine, Valerius, Galen and Beatrix as characters =).

Edited by JulianSull