DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

NPCs & AI: Class #4

InsanitySorrow

NPCs & AI: Class #4

Class01.png

Step 1: Before we start

For this class we will be working from a pre-made ESP, download the ESP here as it is required :)

NPC & AI - Class 04

This is an additional training area in the Arena Distric of the Imperial City, it's situated on the grass out of the way of the other NPCs. Here there is a small sleeping area (Tent, Bed roll) and some Training Bails for our soon to be NPC.

TrainingArea.png

Step 2: Let's Begin

Okay so we have our NPC training area, to get to it in the CS, Select the ICArenaDistrict in the WorldSpace drop down box, the double click the ICArena01 cell. From there just zoom in, you should see our little area.

Now if you look closer you can see a training Mat, I have place this down so we know where we want our NPC to stand, it's not something you need to do, just easier for the class. Anyway we need to set a Marker here to tell where our NPC to stand when using their bow, So let's do this now:

In the Object Window navigate down to Statics, in the EditorID section hit X, this will take you down to the XMarker, but we are going to use the one underneath, the XMarkerHeading.

Screenshot49.jpg

Just like the normal XMarker, let's drag and drop this into our Render window and get it placed nicely on our training Mat. We need to make sure the Arrow on the front of the Marker is facing out Training Targets, this tells the NPC which direction to face.

Again just like before let's double click the Marker and give it a reference, I have given it:

aaNPCAIClass04

So now we need to set the X Target Data, but before we do that we need to give our Hay Bail target a reference, I gave mine:

aaNPCAITarget01

Screenshot50.jpg

Make sure to check the Persistant Reference Box too. Now back with our XMarkerHeading click the X Target Data Tab, click the Select Reference in Render Window and then double click our Hay Target.

The X Target Data tab should now be filled with new info, this will tell the NPC what target to shoot at.

Screenshot51.jpg

Step 3: AI Package

Onto the AI package now, So open up the AI Package menu and create a new Package. For this one I gave it the ID of:

aaNPCClass04TrainArchery

Give it a time and duration, for this class we're going to set a time of 11am for 10 hours. Now this is where things differ slightly to our last packages, for the Package time choose Use Item At.

Screenshot52.jpg

Click over to the location tab, click Near Reference, then use the Reference Select button to choose our XMarkerHeading.

Screenshot53.jpg

After that click the Target Tab, click the Any Object Radio button, in the Object Type combo box choose Weapons: Ranged.

Screenshot54.jpg

That's our package done, now onto our NPC.

Step 4: Our NPC

There is nothing special that needs to be done to our NPC, so you can go ahead and create any you want :), Though the NPC does require a bow and Arrows, otherwise they cannot train :P. Here is the basic information for the Class NPC.

• ID: aaNPCClass04AnBitter
  • Name: An-Bitter
  • Race: Argonian
  • Level: 10
  • Class: Assassin

Inventory:

• Iron Arrow (count set to -1 for infinite supply)
  • Fine Iron Bow
  • Middle Class Pants
  • Middle Class Shirt
  • Middle Class Shoes

Once the NPC has been created, add our newly created AI package to the NPCs list and place them in the Render Window.

Screenshot55.jpg

Step 5: In-Game

With that all done, save your changes and head in-game to see your new NPC Training XD

Note: Please post a screenshot of the NPC, the AI Package and the XMarkerHeading.

Homework

Time for the Homework :), Won't be so bad XD

For this homework I'd like you to set up a new training option for our NPC, but this time I want it to be a Melee training option.

The Training Static you need is TargetHeavy01 and It should be placed in the same little area created for our NPC, situate it where you think it would fit best.

Other than that the time for this should be:

• Time: 9 O'clock (PM)
  • Duration: 2 Hours

You may use the same NPC or create a new one for this.

Note: Please show screenshots of the NPC, Training Area, XMarkerHeader and AI Package.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...