DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

NPCs & AI: Class #4

InsanitySorrow

• 5 weeks later...

Here is my submission for the 4th class.

CS Cellview

NPC Info

NPC AI Package

AI - Eat/Sleep/Wander

AI - Train Bow

AI - Train Melee

Xmarker Data

InGame - Sweet Dreams

InGame - Training with Bow

InGame - Training with Dagger

One of the filler NPCs just couldn't stay out of harm's way... :lol:

InGame - Ouch!

Thank you very much for the your time and efforts in this class. It has helped me immeasurably.

• 6 months later...

Congrats mALX you've passed the NPC & AI classes :clap:

Thank you so much! This class was a ton of fun, and I finally learned how to make an NPC from scratch! The biggest thing I learned though was the work with the AI packages. I always hunted up what was already there and renamed it, being able to create my own has opened up some huge possibilities! Thank you so much for everything, IS !!!

Yay! Finished with Lesson 4! Here are the pictures:

target Practice

Melee Practice

More Melee practice

An-Bitter sleeping

(Poor guy needs his rest :yes: )

Stats

Inventory

x-marker data

x-marker melee data

AI Packages

Training schedule

Training Location

Training target

Melee Schedule

Melee Location

MeleeTarget

That was fun! I decided to add in eating, sleeping and a bit of wandering to give the poor guy a break from training.

I watched him grab food from the sack, then walk around the circle and take a bench near the fist fighters so he could sit and eat :lol:

Thank you for a wonderful class - I learned a lot!

Edited by koriredbow

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

I've tested my resulting ESP and found everything to be working as expected.

I believe this is all that's required:

Training Area

Argonian NPC Object Stats

Argonian NPC Object Inventory

Argonian NPC AI Packages (List)

Training AI Packages (Detail)

XMarkerHeadings

Thank you for your efforts, this was fun and I learned a lot!

Edited by ASnakeNeverDies
I forgot to add a picture of the NPC's Inventory.

• 7 months later...

And lesson 4.  As mentioned previously; please let me know if there are any errors I need to fix.  Seems one of my Wander packages was still set to the default Find type; I caught it when checking my work for this lesson, and fixed the problem.  I seem to have an overabundance of free time on my hands, and I have modded for Skyrim.  NPC creation seems simpler than it does for Skyrim, for the most part.

The .esp download link didn't work for me, so I went ahead and created my own training area, but I used ICArena2.  I hope this works okay.  I can redo if needed.

Classwork NPC: An-Bitter

Marker locations, and updated pathgrids for my training area: here

An-Bitter's NPC info is here

An-Bitter's Package order listing: here

An-Bitter's Inventory: here.  His inventory was adjusted to include NPC gold and Leveled Item food, to avoid the problem I had with Calien, the high elf character in the previous lesson, that he would steal something and then be attacked by the guards.  I have also added him to the ICFaction.

An-Bitter is shooting at the targets at the appropriate time, as seen: here and here.

And if you'd like to take a look at my complete training area, with landscaping updates as required, find it here.

Homework: Melee Training

He is attacking the target with a silver sword at the appropriate time, as seen here and here

It wasn't required, but I gave him the classwork eat package: here

I created a sleep package from him, from midnight to 7am, to accommodate the two hours of training at 9pm: here

And the classwork wander package to run when no other package is running, as seen: here and here

• 7 years later...