DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Oblivion ground texture bug

Matth

Hey folk!

Okay, so this is a bug that I've been having the last month. I really only noticed it a couple of days ago when I was planning to release my Ice Sword. I disabled all my mods and tried again, on a clean save: same thing.

Before I go on, here is how all the ground texture looks:

whatisthisn.jpg

Fun, isn't it?

Okay, what I did from here on:

1)First I copied my textures and meshes, then I uinstalled the CS, then oblivion, and deleted everything related to it.

2) Installed Oblivion, patched it, and installed the CS.

3) Dumped my meshes and textures folder into the Data folder.

4) I started the CS and everything was fine.

5) I added my Ipod 4GB with Koss PortaPro headset into the game. That's 3 objects with 3 different texture files.

6) I made new folders: meshes/Ice Sword/Ice Sword.Nif and textures/Ice Sword/IceSword.dds and IceSword_n.dds

7) I loaded up the Oblivion.ESM in the CS and made a IceSword.esp ( or whatever it is)

8) I made sure everything was right and positioned the sword in Imperial City Market District.

9) I made a new save with only oblivion.ESM and my new IceSword plugin.

10) And there I noticed the texture on the floor again ..

I tried to fix this by deleting all the plugin files I had and empty the textures and meshes folder. Nothing changed.

Why is this happening and what is wrong?

Cheers,

Matth