File Submitter: Reneer
File Submitted: 16 Jul 2010
File Updated: 05 Aug 2010
File Category: Co-Op Beta Testing
Reneer's Guard Overhaul 2.5 Testing
E-mail: unusedacct at comcast dot net
This is version 2.5 of my Guard Overhaul mod. I would hope that it doesn't need much of an introduction.
Some of you might be wondering why there's a jump in version numbers from 2.08 to 2.5 - this is because 2.5 has been coded from scratch (well, in most places) and a lot of RGO's earlier "fluff" has been cut out, leaving behind the bare essentials. But with new code comes new issues and I'm looking for some testers to help me out, especially because I don't have as much time to devote to modding as I once did.
In order to get this running, I would request that you:
1. Disable any previous versions of RGO you have running (via the Data Files menu). This one is more of a requirement.
2. Run OBSE v18 and Pluggy (any version). This will help me debug any issues with the mod, along with your own feedback.
1. Unzip both RenGuardOverhaul25.esp and RenGuardOverhaul25.bsa to your \Oblivion\Data directory.
2. Tick on RenGuardOverhaul25.esp in your Data Files menu.
1. Untick RenGuardOverhaul25.esp from your Data Files menu.
Me, basically. RGO 2.5's ReadMe will include credits to the Guild as well as the OBSE Team.
Specific things I would like tested:
1. Guard interaction - fighting Guards, pickpocketing from Guards, assaulting Civilians, stealing in shops, etc.
2. Jail - getting into (and out of) jail. Particularly what Guards will do when you break out illegally.
3. Sending NPCs to jail - RGO includes a feature (which has been recoded) that sends NPCs to jail instead of having the Guards kill that NPC. This can be easily tested by opening up the console and using SetCrimeGold on any NPC (except Guards). The NPC should then be accosted by a Guard and then walk to the nearest jail, and then walk into a cell, which should lock behind them.
I will be updating this mod with some new features as time goes by, but I want to make sure that the core essentials are in place before I make any major additions. I greatly appreciate any help you can give me in this endeavor.
Click here to download this file