DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Replacing PS3 Harddrive

Beana

So I had to get a new PS3 because my mini decided to use my old one as a dvd player.... er.... attempted to play 3 dvd's at once. It now sounds like a lawnmower whenever you put a disk in and try to eject it. I took the thing apart to see if there was one still stuck in there and there was not. Sooooo now we have the new one and I put my hd from old PS3 in it since I do not want to lose my saved games.. and it does not work. It says that I need to reinstall software. Now theoretically shouldn't it work? Is there something that I am doing wrong? I guess its not that huge of a deal if I lose my saved games but... on the other hand we all here have hours and hours worth of playing different games...

Is it a lost cause???

:lmao:

:P

• Upvote 1

I dont have a PS3 so I may be wrong here,but from having a quick read around the net it seems that you cannot take a hard drive from one PS3 and put it in another and keep your saved games.Most people say the best way to achieve this is by backing up your saves from your original drive(by what method I dont know..usb,memory stick..whatever PS3 can utilise),put the drive in your new PS3 and then transfer the saves back.

I also read that some types of save cannot be backed up.Like I said not 100% sure of the reliability of this as I dont have a PS3 myself.