DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Oblivion does not start up

w2drs21

Oblivion does not start up

I reinstalled it and it still doesn't work

When I go to the graphics options for oblivion it says I don't have an adapter. And when I start up oblivion this comes up : Failed to initialize render. NiXAdapterDesc::GetDeviceCaps()Failed.

thanks -w2drs21

Let's start with the standard questions... what are your system specs? Specifically what's your video card and have you updated the drivers recently?

Did Ob run before? If so, what has changed since then? Done any Windows updates recently?

Yes oblivion has run before. My video card is NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE. I dont think I have made any updated on windows. By the way I have Vista.

You may also want to delete your current .ini file and see if the game loads up. Perhaps something (a mod?) messed with your current video settings.

I deleted everything when I reinstalled oblivion. And I updated my card and it still didn't fix the problem.

You deleted the MyGames\Oblivion folder? (Which is not the same as the default Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion folder).

I don't know what to tell you then short of Windows has probably automatically updated something that you aren't aware of.

When was the last time it worked correctly? Have you added any new mods since then? New hardware to your PC? Are you launching the game through OBSE or BASH?

You deleted the MyGames\Oblivion folder? (Which is not the same as the default Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion folder).

I don't know what to tell you then short of Windows has probably automatically updated something that you aren't aware of.

When was the last time it worked correctly? Have you added any new mods since then? New hardware to your PC? Are you launching the game through OBSE or BASH?

Actually I didn't delete the my games oblivion folder. Ill do that after this post. Anyway I launched it through OBSE a few times before I reinstalled oblivion and now I'm just trying to launch it without any mods or OBSE. I just made a few updated to windows and it still doesn't fix the problem. And no I haven't added any new hardware. I just tried launching oblivion yesterday and that error came up.

EDIT I just looked at my computers update history and it said it made an NVIDIA update a few days ago that failed. That may be the problem. EDIT again I looked at the update and it was the same thing I did today. And that one failed also.

Edited by w2drs21

• 2 weeks later...