DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

The Lurker's Lair #32

InsanitySorrow

The no monthly fee thing is no rumour. The first game was always free to play, the developer itself (ArenaNet) has specifically stated GW 2 is free to play like its predecessor.

I am curious as to how they maintain the servers, and being free, that means I would definatly go for it over ANY other MMO.

Yes... Yevic, you see, Greenie is full of so much Green-goodness that she was no longer able to contain herself and became 2!

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am curious as to how they maintain the servers, and being free, that means I would definatly go for it over ANY other MMO.

The first game is maintained by micro-transactions, and bizarre, sequel-like-expansions (when compared to the original release, they're an expansion, but they don't need the initial release game to install & work as expected, much like a game sequel. The developers like to call them "Campaigns." Everyone else uses that name as well.) Campaigns are done & over with for the original game though, micro-transactions rule the roost at the moment.

I imagine the second game would maintain itself in a similar fashion.

Micro-transactions?

Buying things like extra character slots, 'unlocking' things that normally you'd have to go and earn in-game, name change, character appearance change, etc, for about 9 + USD. Things that aren't totally essential to playing the game, but could make things easier to do/provide functions not normally associated with normal play.

For those who like anatomy, I dug up 3D scans of the skulls of various lizards popular as pets (including the one I have!)

Each scan I found has a living animal below the scan for comparison. Khalil is in the last image. :lmao:

Got the 3D scans off of this place. http://digimorph.org/

specimenlarge.jpg

Spiny Tailed Monitor Skull. Nice teeth, Mr. Varanid.31354_398513251657_582986657_4465607_3196090_n.jpg

specimenlarge.jpg

Bearded Dragon Skull. Looks very different from the living animal. Looks lower quality than the other 2 scans though.

Bearded%20Dragon.jpg

specimenlarge.jpg

Leopard Gecko Skull. Many teeth on this one.khalil14.png (Look, it's Khalil!)

Edited by Jheuloh