DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

The Lurker's Lair #32

InsanitySorrow

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I had to drop a LOT of the settings to low and if you play on a large map or bigger, the lag is horrible, infact thats about where the game would crash once more of the map is showing. It still looks nice, but its odd, also there are problems with the texturs loading on the fly.

:uhuh: I need advice, my mouse is very old and I need a new one so I'm asking for recommendations please. And by the way I'm left handed so that rules out a lot of them as they are only for right handed people - thats why I'm asking for help. I think five buttons should do it any more and I'll probably be pressing them by mistake but I'm willing to look at any if its a really good mouse, and I don't want to spend more than £60 really but I am flexable.

I've had this mouse for about 8 years and its really done me well - its the one that came with my computer and I really like it but its just not working very well now. And it really should be wireless, you have no idea how hard it is to use a mouse when the computer is on the right side, try putting your computer on the left and see how well you do, then again all desks come with the tower slot on the right.

All suggestions will be looked at. :salute:

I had a MS two button wheel mouse for many years, and loved it. Right up until it died..... Currently using a micro innovations 4 button wheel mouse, but, I don't really care for it. Button placement ensures that you will hit the two additional buttons by accident, and it has a HEFTY appetite for batteries....... Gonna replace it with another MS mouse, as I don't need the extra buttons....

I use my mouse right handed, and my tower is on the left..... it is at almost the same level as my desk surface though. You can also get extension cables for them. (USB, or PS2 port, doesn't matter. Both are readily available.)

Really>, Huh I thought the PC could handle texture loading better than consoles because of the increased memory and better GPU :rofl:, Sounds like a few patches maybe needed to make the game run better, bad optimization I think.

I am still getting crashes, last night my bro and I tried a LAN game, I crashed (right at the moment the new turn started each crash) about 20 times, about 4 of those were blue screens. This PC is MORE then capable, the game really may be the problem, however my bro has been playing on my laptop and its ok.

Im giving up on it for a bit, dropping back to OB.

Cheeka, if you go to any PC store, they should have them, I have an extention cable for my keyboard, was surprised they made them at first.

Edit: Just looked on the 2K forums, there are a LOT of problems with the game crashing, memory leaks, etc. One guy noted that when he started the game, his GPU temp shot up to about 75C so he had to manually increase the fan speed.

"I'll have something hot", I said nonchalantly when ordering a curry this evening. "Maybe a balti, but a bit more spicy." So my other half orders me a balti and asks for it to be as hot as a phaal.

"That's gonna hurt in the morning", as the saying goes. They're not kidding.

Edit: Just looked on the 2K forums, there are a LOT of problems with the game crashing, memory leaks, etc. One guy noted that when he started the game, his GPU temp shot up to about 75C so he had to manually increase the fan speed.

See I knew it had to be the game :construction:, Sad to see they have not fixed any of these issues before releasing, they would have been present during testing.

@IS: Very, during the single player games, I can tell (after many crashes) when its about to fail, you start seeing a lot of red and white checker board patters, and for some reason the crashing is worse when I play a LAN game, which sucks because my bro and I wanted to have a game together.

I think they were rushing a bit near the end, one of the sad parts is the lack of victory videos but they made up for it with the Giant Death Robot :D

Yes thats a real unit :D

@vometia: I would feel sorry but you asked for it... just like I do when I eat :D It tastes too good to not pay for it IMHO :)

@vometia: I would feel sorry but you asked for it... just like I do when I eat :D It tastes too good to not pay for it IMHO :)

Huh, there's sympathy for you! I only asked for something a bit hotter, not death by chilli overdose. :D (Hmm, it's all very well for me to use the "lol" emote, but my stomach was feeling anything but "lol" last night! :D)

Not a gecko this time, it's a monitor. :)

Edit: One of these things;

Stekelstaartvaraan_Varanus_acanthurus_Diergaarde_Blijdorp_Rotterdam_december_2007.JPG

16-28 inches of hunting prowess and genius among lizards. Also the genetic next door neighbor of the Komodo Dragon. :lmao:

Just an idea I'm entertaining though. May not necessarily happen.

Edited by Jheuloh

Pets. XD Ya never know (I don't even know!) What I may end up with next. :lmao: Don't have anything right now though, all I got is my gecko at the moment.

Edit: Speaking of 'getting bigger.'

My mother once had a bizarre dream about my leopard gecko, Khalil, growing to be 800 pounds and getting vicious enough to eat up whole chicken. :)

Edited by Jheuloh

Let's errrrr change subject :), Sooooo what games you all looking forward too?, I'm sure Fallout: NV will be on a few people's lists.

I'm one of those looking forward to Fallout New Vegas, albeit with some trepidation: I'm sure it'll be a lot of fun, but it may have Bethesda's famous QA, which is always a worry. :lmao: Other than that, Gothic 4 I've mentioned, which seems pretty stable if the demo is anything to go by and I did have quite the "... but I want more!" feeling once it was done, which is always encouraging.

If I'm in the mood for being pwned, the revamped Ego Draconis that's due out in November should be good: I was going to start from my old save once the expansion was out, but due to having developed no area-of-effect skills I was struggling with Zandalor The Slow and gave up at that point, but with the new engine, replaying from the start won't be such a chore. Broken Valley was always my favourite area anyway.

Moving on, Fable III is out for the PC in December, so I'll be taking a look at that. I'm aware that Fable II got very mixed reviews, but I loved the original, so hopefully it's more along those lines.

Looking into the distant (or at least indefinite) future, The Witcher II and Risen II are on my to buy list, and I'm sure I heard something about Two Worlds II (four worlds, anyone?) which I'm happy about because I rather enjoyed the first outing, however silly the voice acting!

And right now, Machinarium, thanks to a suggestion from Freddo of TESF. It's a Flash-based adventure of the more old-school style, a bit like the Discworld games of the early '90s (well, Discworld II in particular) which consists of a bunch of obtuse and sometimes fiendish puzzles. Both fun and frustrating!

Pets. XD Ya never know (I don't even know!) What I may end up with next. :) Don't have anything right now though, all I got is my gecko at the moment.

Edit: Speaking of 'getting bigger.'

My mother once had a bizarre dream about my leopard gecko, Khalil, growing to be 800 pounds and getting vicious enough to eat up whole chicken. XD

Yup and because no one knows what's next makes me scared XD, That's also one strange dream she had there :lmao:

*SNIP*

I'm looking forward to Two Worlds II as well, going made waiting for Fable 3 as I loved Fable 1 and enjoyed the second :D. I didn't get fair in the original Risen, riddled with bugs and annoying gameplay elements that did not exist on the PC, so I really should have gone for the PC version.

I have the original whitcher but not really got far into it (Seems to be a running theme with me XD), Problably due to me modding OB.

I'm looking forward to Two Worlds II as well, going made waiting for Fable 3 as I loved Fable 1 and enjoyed the second :o. I didn't get fair in the original Risen, riddled with bugs and annoying gameplay elements that did not exist on the PC, so I really should have gone for the PC version.

I have the original whitcher but not really got far into it (Seems to be a running theme with me :)), Problably due to me modding OB.

Coincidentally I read that the release date for TWII (I never did figure out why it's called Two Worlds... must be something really obvious, stuff like that always confuses me!) is likely to be the New Year for the U.S., but it's still "TBC" for the UK - yay for staggered release dates. :no: But then again, if the U.S. date is so vague and liable to change, maybe it's no bad thing. Anyway, like Gothic 4, it's not on my "I must have it immediately if not sooner" list, but I'm looking forward to playing it whenever it's ready.

The Witcher took me ages to get into, and I only really persisted with it because a friend on the official TES forums decided to pester me pretty much full time about it! Even then, I wasn't taken with it: didn't like the characters, it seemed a bit humourless (actually it's anything but), combat and skills progression were fiddly... but as it unfolded they all added a lot of depth to the gameplay. Although I haven't revisited it, it's certainly not something I'd object to replaying; if that sounds like "damned by faint praise" it isn't, I have very fond memories of it (and at risk of committing heresy, it's not alone in that respect: I only played Morrowind once. :P Though I still managed to put in several hundred hours!)

I have a swath of games pre-ordered already myself, FO:NV is of course the latest, add in Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and a few more games.

I am looking forward to Two Worlds 2, I enjoyed the first one, biggest issue I had with it was the frame rate more then anything, I found the VO work a bit funny rather then annoying and one thing I really enjoyed, attacking enemies on horse back!

As for why its called Two Worlds, I believe there is supposed to be some sort of secont world or mirror world, you don't actually get to go there at all.

As for the Witcher 2, again, can't wait, I loved the first one, it was fun and the actions having a result later in game was really cool. I actually re-purchased it because I never got through it with my first game, I bought the Complete Edition or whatever it was called, and the improved VO work really helped, also the frame rate improvements were a benifit too.