DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Any way to use the voices already in the game?

Hey guys, I'm brand new to the forums :D and I thought I'd ask a question here. I recently started using the CS set (started about a week and a half ago) and I've got most of the basics down, but I'm confused when it comes to voice files. I downloaded CS version 1.0 and then the patch to 1.2 so I know I can do the whole lip sync thing, but when following both the CS wiki's tutorial and a vid I saw on youtube it asks me to record my own dialogue through a microphone or something, which I don't want to do. Is there anyway to just input the dialogue, choose their emotion for that line, and have it play and lip sync with the original voices already in the game?

You can use existing dialogue and voice files, but no, there would be no way to get original voice files to 'say' new unique dialogue. Well, maybe you could if you chopped and mashed it up, but still it would be piecing together existing dialogue.

(If I'm understanding correctly what you're asking)

Welcome Panda Warrior!

I'm afraid Mishaxhi is right. The dialogue in OB has been studio-recorded and it's stored as wav files in the sounds.bsa. There's no way to reuse the lines, outside of taking huge pains to chop up each recorded bit into words and rearranging them to suit, but then, not only would it take a lot of time, but the inflection would be horribly off, if it actually worked.

The only way to create new dialogue is to, well, create new dialogue. :evil: Write your dialogue, then come find the Voice Actor's Project when you need actors. You don't need any equipment yourself, except for audio software. Please read this thread for all information.

We'll help you as much as we can! :D

• 6 months later...

Sorry to resurrect this rather old thread, but I just wanted to say that actually you can use the existing voices to create new dialog :)

It's called Oblivion Dynamic Dialog Creation and VOILA - Voices of Imperial Legion Amalgamated uses it quite successfully.

With VOILA, you can get arrested by a Nord or a Redguard - it works! It's really funny to hear Burd give the usual arrest dialog. It isn't exactly the same, the dialog is a bit different because it has to be compiled from other lines that have been recorded for male Nords in the game, but the resulting dialog works quite well.

I don't think ODDC is very easy to use though...

I played around with ODDC once but couldn't quite get the hang of it, and found it had some kind of problem playing the resulting file. However it is a good way to scan dialogue for words you need and you could then dig up the audio files with Audacity and start splicing pieces together. It'll sound strange because of differences in pitch but it shouldn't be overly jarring.