DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Moving entire Cells from one Esp. to another

Basicly I was doing the CS basics class when I started messing around working on a cave- but I'm actually pretty happy with how its turning out, and I'm thinking of carrying on with it and then releasing it- but I don't want it bundeled with my (probably very dirty) CS basics work.

So, what I basicly want to do is take EVERYTHING from the 3 Cells I have, and move them to a fresh ESP. I imagine the way to do this would be to open two versions of CS and simply copy and paste each cell and re-link the doors.... but I have a feeling that won't work, and theres actually a more complicated way...

I don't mind getting rid of the CS basics work as a last resort, but I don't want to rebuild the caves brick by brick, as a good number of hours have gone into them allready...

Thanks to anyone who can help :)

EDIT:

Thought I'd add there are no scripts, quests, or other such gubbins attached to the cells, I have staved them off until I can get it in a unique and clean Esp... I imagine somehow that makes things easier...

Edited by Mysterious Mr. Bear

Interiors are fairly easy to move. Open tes4 Gecko. Select Display/Copy, choose your mod from the list. Under cells select each one of the interiors you wish to move and press Copy to Clipboard for each cell and it's children. You will see in the Gecko clipboard (right hand pane) those cells have been copied. Just save the clipboard to create the new .ESP with just those cells you copied in it. Double check it in the CS to be sure everything copied ok before you delete the old mod. :)

I usually just open the mod I want the cell in as the active plugin, and also load the mod that has the cell I want to copy.

Then, rename the cell, go into the cell and select everything and move it. Then save the 'active' mod. Close the CS and then reload the active mod. The cell 'should' be copied into the new plugin.

I have never done this with a cell, but have done it for just about everything else. My guess here is that it will copy the cell as well.

Worked a charm Willie, thanks!

Collage is starting in two weeks for me, but I'm planning on working like a demon to get a small kind of Demo thing for the mod I'm working on, hopefully before collage...

So far I have (a so far uncluttured) Bandit City within a cave network, a multi-path Dungeon that needs AI (I have something a bit special planned for that :) ) and a homemade soundtrack... I'm gonna try and cover every aspect of modding (albeit basicly) and do a simple retexture, voice act a character, and try to edit a model for a unique peice of armour (but that sounds the most complex 0_o)

Basicly I think what I'm saying is... the Classes are going to get a whole lot more page views, and I'll be asking a fair few more questions :blink:

Sounds like a good plan Mr. Bear. Gives you the chance to get your feet wet and become familiar with all the basic aspects without being a huge project. You may want to start with a weapon and/or clutter rather than armor for your model editing. Making armor (or anything that requires rigging) is kind of jumping in at the deep end, there are a lot of helpful knowledgable folks around here though if you're sure you need the armor. :hugs:

WT

Sounds like a good plan Mr. Bear. Gives you the chance to get your feet wet and become familiar with all the basic aspects without being a huge project. You may want to start with a weapon and/or clutter rather than armor for your model editing. Making armor (or anything that requires rigging) is kind of jumping in at the deep end, there are a lot of helpful knowledgable folks around here though if you're sure you need the armor. :hugs:

WT

Ah thanks for that tip! I actually had no idea armour would be more difficult than something else, though now you say I can imagine why... I just thought armour would be cooler and provide something for a player to have as little momento, but I'm happy doing a weapon if thats easier :D

Frustraitingly I've been kicked out of my house so that a distant family memeber can stay in my room while they are visiting this part of the country and I wont be on my (modding) computer again till sunday >.< A bother because I have alot of momentum AND spare time at the moment.

Ah well, I'll be back in buisness in a few days...

thanks again for the tip! :bow: