DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Newbie question!

Dark Hound

Hi there, I'm trying to make a mod that includes vendors that will travel. Can you please help me in doing that the AI mixes it up and I get confused.

I just want to give them a few basic AI commands:

Sleep and Travel and I don't know if I have to put a wait command since the bedroll will be right next to him.

I want to give him the usual command for sleep every evening but not when he travels.

He will be placed in the IC and I want to give him a command for him to travel to Bravil and stay there for a while, then come back to the IC

Can I make him non respawnable, but enable him to respawn his sell loot?

I was planning on making him high level so that he doesn't get killed by random encounters

Also what are the recommended stats about his behavior I don't want him to ignore enemies or ignore any attacks made against him

Thanks in advance!

Moved to the NPCs & AI Section :)

What you want to do is not that hard when you have a basic understanding of the AI Packages, what I'd suggest is to try your hand at the NPC & AI classes here, They should cover what you need :lmao:, I'll also be here to help you if need be.

Thanks, ok I have already given him a class however I am still taking care of the AI problem, thanks for the response

They should get you on your way to doing what you want :) now to your other questions:

1) Can I make him non respawnable, but enable him to respawn his sell loot?

His Vendor chest will respawn when the cell resets, which every 3 days.

2)I was planning on making him high level so that he doesn't get killed by random encounters

Most Vendors are around level 10, some higher ect. I think roughly level 15 to 20 would cover a travelling NPC. Just make sure they're armed :lmao:

3) Also what are the recommended stats about his behavior I don't want him to ignore enemies or ignore any attacks made against him

I'd leave his stats as they are, just make sure the Defensive Combat option is checked in his AI package, that way if he is attacked he'll defend himself but won't go out looking for trouble.

I'd suggest is to try your hand at the NPC & AI classes here, They should cover what you need :blink:, I'll also be here to help you if need be.

Thanks, ok I have already given him a class however I am still taking care of the AI problem, thanks for the response

Welcome to TESA Dark Hound!! The classes that InsanitySorrow is referring to about are from our Modding School called The Enclave. There is a great deal to learn as you go through the classes and its highly encouraged that you have a go!!! It will indeed answer a lot of your questions!! :)