DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

The Clutterers Guild - #2

InsanitySorrow

So, in the readme included with the package, it says that one can either make their mod dependent on the included .esm or put the things they want in new folders and implement however. If I go with the first option, is it OK to package the clutter pack esm, meshes and textures with my mod? IMHO this might be easier for people than making them DL the clutter pack first (unless they already have it). In fact, is it OK/possible to merge the master file with my mod esp so all the objects will be there, but there's no dependencies or additional bits and bobs in the DL.

So, in the readme included with the package....

Well... That's a deep subject.

Many people have been working on everything and I respect their right to an opinion.

And in the final say. I believe this cluttering project(future) may have many contributors without a means to access certain requirements...

Therefore...

My view/opinion on the matter is that anything I make or have made in the past is a community resource.

Now, having said that, I allow anyone to use my resources in any way they see fit, within general purpose, as long as CREDIT or General Credit is given. May not be used for commercial purposes.

Do not port to other games without authors permission. Period.

Please keep file structure intact, but not necessary.

Mooo.

After all, I-You(the user) will know if a mod's ligit by test(modd)ing. And (esp)escialy if a user who forgets to credit anyone, might be reminded that 10000+ submitters are watching...well unretired ones... might creep out from the grave to remind you where the resource came from.

Generalo Example:

I use so & so's resource from here...

OR TESA Clutter Resource

Example:

Credits:

Mooo (link)

Or TESA Clutter Resource (link)

EndExample:

Anyone who contributes should at the very least have a general idea to give back to the community...

http://wryemusings.com/Cathedral%20vs.%20Parlor.html

In a sense, I vote for freedom of choice.

Don't forget to include the original_readme

So, Yes, to your question, in my opinion.

Lets take a vote.

Mod Uni

Cathedralist

Metalio Bovinus

Lol what a bunch of nonsense, I haven't understood anything! :lmao:

Reply to original question with my suggestions of ways of use although I must admit I haven't downloaded the package yet so I'll assume there's an esm):

- make your mod dependent on TESA Clutter.esm (or whatever is it called, if it exists?). In that case do not include the TESA package into your download to prevent the redistribution of outdated versions.

- take what you want and include it in your package. In that case put the meshes and textures in your separate folders.

I recommend 1st option, but both are fine if you ask me.

I would like to thank you guys for all of these lovely bits of clutter. I'm making a house mod, and I have a need to decorate. This really helps.

There is one thing that I would like to ask, however. Your esm is dependent on Oblivion.esm, which would normally not be a problem. However, I'm playing Nehrim, a fairly new (but amazing!) total conversion, so I will have to package the files with my mod instead of using the esm when I release it. What I want to know is, if I were to make your esm dependent on Nehrim.esm, would I be allowed to upload it somewhere, or would you guys want to? It's a really simple thing of just changing the master file, as your esm is dependent on Oblivion.esm only in name, and doesn't actually need anything from it.

On top of that, there is no reason for me to do it if it isn't uploaded for use. I figured I should get permission before doing anything.

Again, thanks for the clutter. Maybe when I learn to texture properly I could add something, lol.

I wouldn't think it does, but it has one. I don't really know how to just remove one, but I imagine it wouldn't be much different from switching masters, you just wouldn't add another one when removing Oblivion.esm.

Edit: Wyre Bash can only switch masters for me, as far as I can see. I'm sure it can be done, but I don't know how.

Edited by evercharmer

I'm not sure and normally it doesn't matter as this was intended for Oblivion. Most esm's start out as an esp, so they need to depend on an esm.

I think the best thing for Evercharmer to do is just change dependencies for the esm and include it in the mod. Unless someone of our team decides to alter the main file and add a specific nehrim esm. Not me though... :clap:

I'm taking care of the next update since it's unfair to make Khett do it :clap:, I can add a Nehrim ESM to the archive. But I think I can saftely remove the master file since our ESM doesn't rely on or edit Oblivion in anyway. All edits/additions are in the included test ESP.

best solution (If I don't get the update out in time) is to included your Nehrim version of the ESM with your mod, but still point the users to the Clutter DL for the meshes and textures. With a project like this, it's not recommended to pack the assets with your mod incase the clutter pack gets updated. The ESM will change also, but it's not as important as the assets.

I think for now I'm just going to release the mod with the files I've used, as this is the way that I'm least likely to screw something up. If you do plan to do something for Nehrim (note that Oblivion.esm can't be referenced, Nehrim will crash if it tries to load Oblivion.esm with the game), then I'll just update to version 2 referencing that esm. (I'm not using your esm at all, just making new movable statics for my house.)

Likewise, even if you don't I'd update the files, and I'll still direct users to the files here in case I'm not currently active when that happens.

Whoa, how did I miss all this stuff going on? AHHHH! :dizzy:

Yeah, our .esm should work for Oblivion or Nehrim just fine, though I haven't personally tested to know for sure.

To chime in on some topics:

Because this is a community project, and because people will work cooperatively on one thing, and people will come and go, it really only makes sense to require general credits to the TESA Clutterers Guild and leave it at that. I am trying to keep tabs on who worked on what, but that will eventually become unmanageable when the pack reaches a certain size. If you want to always be credited individually, or if you want to set specific permissons on your stuff aside from what is outlined in our readme, then it might be that you should release your resources separately (in my opinion, I ain't runnin' this show!).

As far as masters and dependencies, the .esm is included to make it easier for modders to copy objects over. They can leave their mod dependent if they want, also, either way is fine. The .esm itself doesn't need to be a master to function properly, as it only contains the new objects; it's just an .esp that was already converted to .esm to save modders the step of doing that themselves. For people working on Nehrim, they probably just need to switch the Oblivion.esm in the masters list to Nehrim.esm using Bash or Gecko.

In the case a modder decides to leave the dependency, I do think it would be unwise to include our whole pack with the mod. That causes needless download size bloat, and it also means that the user might not be getting the most up-to-date version of the pack. It's not really saving them time if they are going to have to go make sure they have the most recent version anyways. I mean, I don't think anyone here would mind if someone did it, it just doesn't seem like the most pragmatic solution.

As far as repackaging the assets themselves, depends on the modder. I tend to customize everything to suit anyways, so I will always repackage. I know others who make a point to do that as little as possible, and for them it would only make sense to leave the file paths intact so the resources will update themselves, or to just require the pack as a dependency.

Well, that was a ramble!

IS, I don't mind updating the pack, but I would also be pleased to sit on my duff, so please and by all means have at it! :smug: