DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

The Clutterers Guild - #2

InsanitySorrow

Khettienna: I found a possible texture problem with my sheepskin and sack models. It may be that they don't work correctly if the player has small or medium textures enabled. I *think* this is actually a problem with my video drivers, but I need some independent verification. Do you have a convenient way to give those objects a quick test? The problem is instantly obvious looking at the object in small or medium texture mode, and goes away in large texture mode. I'm going to see if I can replicate it on another system, but I have business travel this week and wanted to alert you to the possible problem as early as possible.

Hey, folks!

Sorry for the long delay, I'm climbing back out of a severe depressive episode. I'd like to not dwell on that, but get right back to work. Anyways!

I can make static versions of the wood, no trouble there.

Sys, I didn't check in-game, but I am seeing that those particular textures have no mipmaps, and that is what generally causes that issue. I can fix that on my end. However, since I've gotten myself nice and overwhelmed with work, can I chuck a request at you to do your own re-pathing? Here's some made-up examples:

Meshes go here: meshes\TESA\Clutter

and are prefixed with something to indicate author, yours are like sysInkleLoom.nif, no extra punctuation or numbers unless there are multiples of something

e.g. sysInkleLoomLarge.nif and sysInkleLoomSmall.nif are better than sysInkleLoom01.nif and sysInkleLoom02.nif for identifying without opening

Textures go here: textures\TESA\Clutter

using shared normal maps wherever possible, with descriptive word (if few) or numbering (if many) after the underscore

e.g. InkleLoomThread_White.dds

Icons go here: textures\menus\icons\TESA\Clutter

prefixed just in case so the texture filename and icon filename don't get confusing, mostly for my own sanity

e.g. IconInkleLoom.dds

Everything else I should be able to handle just fine.

WT, I still want your plate and bowl!

And IS, send me your stuff!

:salute:

Sys, I didn't check in-game, but I am seeing that those particular textures have no mipmaps, and that is what generally causes that issue. I can fix that on my end.

Blast it! I usually remember to enable that when saving the DDS files. The checkbox is off by default when you first start GIMP; guess I missed a couple. Braaaaaaak! Good catch.

However, since I've gotten myself nice and overwhelmed with work, can I chuck a request at you to do your own re-pathing? Here's some made-up examples:

I'll be glad to, but it may be a little time before I can get to it. I have some real-life issues going on here; will PM you with more info.

Syscrusher

Status Update

What's done:

• Our test cell has been enlarged and redesigned to be more awesome. You know, in case anyone actually looks. XD
  • WT's bowl & plate added.
  • Manta's pots finished & added. Also adjusted the UV maps to make them seamless.
  • Metallicow's cookies & bread slice have been resized.
  • Wash's knitting needles have been resized.
  • IS's chocolate chip cookie icon has been repaired (I think it was probably my fault it lost its alpha channel).
  • Adjusted the material properties on the Imperial Press Vol. 1 & 6 so they would appear a bit less dark in-game.
  • Resized Manta's canister, and added 6 wood texture variations.
  • Adjusted the UV on one of the picture frames to hide a seam.

What's not done:

• I resized Wash's eggs (.22 of original size), but that made the collision too complex for the size, and I botched every attempt to fix it, so maybe someone else will give that a go, or we'll just leave them as they were.
  • IS's additions (pending IS sending them)
  • sys's repathing (pending his free-time)
  • Haven't made more silver pieces with StarX's engraved silver textures yet, I'll put that off till I have more free time (and anyone else is welcome to it).

Not all of this needs to be done before we release an update, but I think it might just make more sense to wait till we at least have IS's stuff and sys's stuff, or else we'll be updating again in a month. Just wanted you guys to know where I'm at!

Edit: And here is the package (of what's been done so far, minus docs) so you can see what's been done for yourself, nose around, make suggestions, or alterations if it pleases you.

• 4 weeks later...

Status Update

What's done:

• Our test cell has been enlarged and redesigned to be more awesome. You know, in case anyone actually looks. XD
  • WT's bowl & plate added.
  • Manta's pots finished & added. Also adjusted the UV maps to make them seamless.
  • Metallicow's cookies & bread slice have been resized.
  • Wash's knitting needles have been resized.
  • IS's chocolate chip cookie icon has been repaired (I think it was probably my fault it lost its alpha channel).
  • Adjusted the material properties on the Imperial Press Vol. 1 & 6 so they would appear a bit less dark in-game.
  • Resized Manta's canister, and added 6 wood texture variations.
  • Adjusted the UV on one of the picture frames to hide a seam.

What's not done:

• I resized Wash's eggs (.22 of original size), but that made the collision too complex for the size, and I botched every attempt to fix it, so maybe someone else will give that a go, or we'll just leave them as they were.
  • IS's additions (pending IS sending them)
  • sys's repathing (pending his free-time)
  • Haven't made more silver pieces with StarX's engraved silver textures yet, I'll put that off till I have more free time (and anyone else is welcome to it).

Not all of this needs to be done before we release an update, but I think it might just make more sense to wait till we at least have IS's stuff and sys's stuff, or else we'll be updating again in a month. Just wanted you guys to know where I'm at!

Edit: And here is the package (of what's been done so far, minus docs) so you can see what's been done for yourself, nose around, make suggestions, or alterations if it pleases you.

I read about 3 pages, I'm sorry I didn't read the whole thing, do we still need a fireplace poker?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, folks!

Sorry for the long delay, I'm climbing back out of a severe depressive episode. I'd like to not dwell on that, but get right back to work. Anyways!

I can make static versions of the wood, no trouble there.

Sys, I didn't check in-game, but I am seeing that those particular textures have no mipmaps, and that is what generally causes that issue. I can fix that on my end. However, since I've gotten myself nice and overwhelmed with work, can I chuck a request at you to do your own re-pathing?

I'm finally back after a prolonged absence due to work (including lots of out-of-town travel). I'm working on this as my first priority.

Syscrusher

Khettienna: I found a possible texture problem with my sheepskin and sack models. It may be that they don't work correctly if the player has small or medium textures enabled. I *think* this is actually a problem with my video drivers, but I need some independent verification. Do you have a convenient way to give those objects a quick test? The problem is instantly obvious looking at the object in small or medium texture mode, and goes away in large texture mode. I'm going to see if I can replicate it on another system, but I have business travel this week and wanted to alert you to the possible problem as early as possible.

Khett,

I have fixed this problem at my end, and the improved textures will be in the next upload from me. Just wanted to let you know so you don't duplicate work. The sheepskin works great at all three texture sizes now. The sack, because of the geometric pattern, doesn't scale down as well, but it works acceptably. At least it's not an utterly black void like it was before today. :)

Syscrusher

• 3 months later...

Dear Santa,

I can hear it now!....

Where are all the bells and whistles in skyrim?....

Lets start making a christmas wish list.

==============================

More cookies.

Bigger cookies.

A Santa quest that delivers them all!

errrm.

and a flute, beth already got the lute.

and whips, chains, and hand gernades(opps, that's fallout).

Oh, and santa, I want CLUTTTER! :)

-Mooo, the good cow

Skyrim already has a flute. XD

I am all for Skyrim cookies, though. :cookie:

Will have another update for the Oblivion clutter pack once sys & IS send me their stuff with the pathing etc. done. I'll re-post at Nexus when that's done, also. Meanwhile, if you guys want to get a jump on the CK and start making Skyrim clutter, I will be happy to do the plugin work when the time comes.

Let's just try to remember to use size references this time, hm? :lmao:

• 4 weeks later...

Speaking of Skyrim clutter, I hear some of our mesh-makers are getting antsy. We might not be able to get the meshes working in-game just yet, but if anyone wants to start working on meshes for Skyrim, here are some ideas. Of course, anything anyone wants to contribute is welcome, it doesn't have to be on the list. Not everything on the list is clutter, either, I was just trying to come up with stuff that might be fun to make.

Extra Dwemer clutter/tileset pieces

• a few more decorative/everyday living clutter objects
  • variations of spiders and spheres
  • variations of cores and gears
  • variations of pipe work
  • animated lifts/elevators

New tilesets/architecture

• Elven crypts
  • Re-create AR pieces from scratch
  • Thalmor/Elven base set and/or cathedrals
  • Imperial-style cathedrals
  • CASTLES (req. by Yevic)

Misc clutter:

• seat cushions, or chairs with cushions already on them
  • beds without pillows on them (req. by greenwarden)
  • new pillows, varying shapes (req. by greenwarden)
  • folded blankets
  • for the love, Skyrim needs bath tubs, and soap
  • other creature comforts
  • varied weapon racks/display cases/display shelves and tables
  • misc artifact/relic type clutter
  • baskets and urns/vases with lids for being containers
  • stock-mashed clutter sets, dishes & booksets for easy decorating
  • desks
  • paintings, or at least some frame and canvas resources
  • childrens' toys
  • more alchemy & smithing clutter
  • ingredient/spice/potion/scroll racks/shelves

If you are going to contribute your work to us, please make sure you follow these naming and pathing conventions:

Meshes go in Skyrim\Data\Meshes\TESA\Clutter.

Textures go in Skyrim\Data\Textures\TESA\Clutter.

Feel free to make additional subfolders for large sets, such as Skyrim\Data\Meshes\TESA\Clutter\KhCookies.

Name your files so it is super easy to identify what they are without opening them, avoiding unnecessary spaces or punctuation.

Prefix your file and subfolder names with a few letters unique to you, this makes it easier to keep track of who did what. For example, I might name a file KhMyTexture.dds.

Send me your work in a PM, or upload it to a hosting site and give us a link. If your mesh requires script functions to animate (such as calling a playgroup), please note it so an example script can be made for the released pack.

• 2 months later...

I updated our Oblivion pack this morning. No new clutter, but streamlined the docs, took a bunch of nice in-game screenshots, tossed the file back up at Nexus, and made a new Relz thread at the OF. That's probably the last update for the Oblivion pack unless someone sends me new stuff that's already polished and ready to go. Let's move to Skyrim. :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...