DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

The Clutterers Guild - #2

InsanitySorrow

It would be best if it wouldn't have any master.

If anyone cares to try, it can be done with TES4 Gecko, it's rather simple and if it works (and it should), IS could fix it in the update.

Yup that's somethign I will fix in the next update. Not sure when that will be though.

What exactly do you guys do? Model and texture clutter items?

Yes we model and texture clutter items :dizzy:, This is a community project too, so anyone can join in :smug:

• 1 month later...

Hey! :poke:

Do you still have any plans to update the pack, IS?

And can one of you who is adept with promotional images put together some cohesive screenshots? Our gallery is a bit rough 'round the edges.

How do people feel about uploading directly to Nexus?

I need to make more icons, but I'm out of things to make icons for. :crybaby:

Update inbound!

New in v004

from Metallicow:

-Bread Slice

-Cookies

-Newspapers (these look awesome in-game btw)

-Painter's Piano

-Abalone Coin

from IS:

-Watermelon Slice

-Cookies

If I've missed anything, my apologies. We'll get it in the next update.

As a note: For the moment, our .esm remains dependent on Oblivion.esm. Primarily this is because the food has to have a magic effect, or the CS will generate errors on data load. Not a big deal - these are ignorable erros - but I'd prefer to just have a separate master for Nehrim if we're going to address that issue. If anyone wants to contribute a Nehrim version of the master, please send it to me and I'll see that it gets uploaded. :)

Edited by Khettienna

• 1 month later...

Hmm does clutter include furniture? :lmao: Cause if it does, I most humbly request the tackling of ancient Ayleid furniture. :wub: There is only one resource out there that comes close.

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=27797

and while very nice, variety is better. I would love to see some ancient ayleid furniture, weathered stone desks, chairs, beds, bookcases. :D Just tossing that out there to you wonderful people.

:bowdown:

• 2 weeks later...

Just a little time sponge here; I've been applying various vanilla textures to the expert mortar (pestle removed), which makes for some nice little pots and jars :)

gallery_443_98_142557.png

I expect I'll get rid of the ones nearest the candles. Those two use the glass texture of the vanilla retorts/alembics, one with and one without and NiAlpha property. Both look atrocious :P

Not sure if these would be better as havoky clutter items or as statics/containers. In the second case, I suppose I could then add a circular plane so the jars could be full, or lids for better containers.

Anyway, this was just a quick job that took up maybe 20 mins when I couldn't face doing anything involved :P Maybe they'll be useful to someone.

Edited by the-manta

I really need to finish my Cluttered Plates mod... Its not hard, just really time consuming taking food meshes and inserting into the plate mesh and the moving the food around and resizing if needed etc.

I should have it done in, ohh 10 years (at this rate) :unsure:

Edit:

I've finished the Lower Class plates. Just have the Middle and Upper class plates to do.

I have 10 variations of the Lower Class, and most likely will have the same for Middle and upper (maybe more since they have more plate choices!)

That`s cool how different folks have different talents. I could never do that in nifskope whereas in blender it`d only take me a month or so to make a plate of food with a poly that wouldn`t kill the game...:rofl: Thing is...like my ersatz mentor Meo...mine would never have been seen before...

I've tried a dozen times to learn Blender. I failed everytime... I give up on it... I won't touch it anymore... I tried the classes here, and failed.

I can make a single plate in 5 minutes or less. lol

Hi folks, same applies to me.

I tried to learn blender more than a dozen times within the last months, but I surrendered to the program. :swear: But I'm grateful to all of you, who provide us with fresh meshes.

Nifskope is my magic wand. :wizard:

I tried to learn blender more than a dozen times within the last months, but I surrendered to the program. :swear:

Trying to learn the application itself is a really bad way of learning as it leads actually nowhere...

So instead of "I want to know Blender first and I will be creating many great things then." it's far better to have an attitude like this: "I want to make a certain thing, and what should I know and what should I exactly do to create it in Blender".

The point is to start with absolute basics, as if you master and understand these any future complex designs will be far easier to comprehend and create.

The pattern is always almost the same like: create shape (+ collision eventually) -> create uv map -> paint texture. So you may want to start with simple cube first and try to create different uv maps for it, to texture it in various different ways (ex. with all sides the same, or as a dice, etc.). Then try other simple shapes (sphere, cone, etc.). If you will grasp an idea what it's all about with those simple shapes then you may want to start to combine them together and mess with things around (move, resize, rotate, etc.).

And after that you may extend your experiments with other techniques of modeling (extrude, subdivide, etc.). But always try to make something usable by defining a goal for yourself first - like to create some spherical magic ball, simple wizard staff, simple piece of furniture, etc. This way you will learn things relatively fast and most important these will be usable skills even later if you decide to continue your 3D adventure ;] And some day you may be even surprised as if you master the basics then you will notice that you won't be limited by the lack of knowledge about the tool (Blender) anymore but only by your imagination ;]

And it's worth to mention that you don't have to know all complexity and possibilities of the Blender to make an outstanding stuff. As most of the things made for Oblivion are usually about some simple shapes and decent textures, nothing really else is required to make a decent creations...