DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Keyboard "F" Keys not working

Johnn123

Hey all ive got a problem here. My keyboard, a logitech access, "F" keys do not work. I have no idea when they stopped working but it was a long time ago. The keyboard is about 7-8 years old, AFAIK. Every other kety works, just not the "F" keys. Any ideas on how to make them work again? I know this is rather detail less but im not sure what information you guys need, so if ya need something just tell me and ill try and get it for ya. Thx for any help :lol:

We used to have problems at our high school with keys not working(mostly because retarded grade nines kept taking them and and putting them in different spots), and when I had a problem with my laptop, I found out that removing the key's is shockingly easy.

I'd suggest either trying a can of compressed air to try and knock out dirt, or carefully remove the F keys and search for dirt on the connectors.

In either case, removing the dirt is the second easiest part of the job. Putting the keys back in right so they they click into place, and still have their connectors lined up can be hard if you aren't on a Laptop which you've used for close to three years. Plus my laptop had easy snaps on each key.

Well, I never meant that the method would only work on a Laptop, only that I fixed mine using that approach. The keys can be removed, and put back in if you're careful enough, but on a desk top, I'd suggest playing towards the side of risk, because a keyboard for a desktop costs way less then a keyboard for a laptop, and thus the risk is less costly if it fails.

I know you can find yourself a dated PS/2 Trackball Mouse within 10 bucks, if you search carefully enough, so a keyboard of similar age could be found for about 15 I'd say. That's about what we got mine for, and it's old.

Ok I found this...dunno just a quick search.LinkyMy link

Interestin read, but i dont have a microsoft keyboard so dont think i have that feature.

Well, I never meant that the method would only work on a Laptop, only that I fixed mine using that approach. The keys can be removed, and put back in if you're careful enough, but on a desk top, I'd suggest playing towards the side of risk, because a keyboard for a desktop costs way less then a keyboard for a laptop, and thus the risk is less costly if it fails.

I know you can find yourself a dated PS/2 Trackball Mouse within 10 bucks, if you search carefully enough, so a keyboard of similar age could be found for about 15 I'd say. That's about what we got mine for, and it's old.

good idea to, but i could always switch keyboards, oblivion/blender/cs computer keyboard to internet computer keyboard and vice versa

John I googled logitech and it took me to this site...maybe logitech is owned by MS?

Really? ill look it up on microsofts site

Try running is safe mode to eliminate a driver problem.

Else if it still happens then its hardware related...considering its age it may be that the part of the chip that connects to that key sensor has fried.

i really dont think it s a driver problem, i havent touched the keyboard drivers ever., though ya never know! ill try that for sure mage. id imagine the sensor key is probly fried. i think im just gonna switch keyboards, that way no more problems.

Most Logitech keyboards (including the Access as far as I can tell from Google) have alternate uses for the F-Keys. There should be a button (F-Lock, FN, or similar) that will toggle your function keys back on. If you're running the setpoint software you should be able to toggle it from there as well.

Good Luck,

WT

yes one of my old keyboards is like that...had a 'Function' key that would turn the F keys on and off.